The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can't add my switch account

SimplyKinara

1 minute ago, VGWinch said:

So do you have ANY idea why we can't link/merge and maybe a workaround for it? I don't have minor restrictions on my account, it just says my account simply doesn't exists when it clearly does. Even with an email AND 2FA registered.

Not sure honestly. If your account won't work and doesn't have minor restrictions then I'm clueless. Must be a wider issue than just age restrictions from Nintendo's side. 

I did the account migration thing back in 2018 when it first came out for switch, and played it a bit back then, but stopped when the idea of cross-save came up a couple years ago. I was not able to merge my accounts, but fortunately didn't have much to lose since it was just a migration and never really progressed beyond where I left off on the PC and have since played 100+ days more on my PC account (log in times, not hours played!).

Well we have golden boy Pupsker telling people on stream that we're essentially all dumbasses and it's OUR fault. WE did something wrong.

Well if I did something wrong how is it my PlayStation account linked up flawlessly but i've tried to link the Switch up every which way from what I was told in the FAQ after nothing in there worked? I tried logging in using PC, PlayStation and Switch accounts to link it, changed the verification email, even used the "Account Management" clickable in Options to try from there. Nothing works.

But yeah, we're the idiots, the system is flawless. 

14 hours ago, VGWinch said:

So do you have ANY idea why we can't link/merge and maybe a workaround for it? I don't have minor restrictions on my account, it just says my account simply doesn't exists when it clearly does. Even with an email AND 2FA registered.

You can go to the email verification in settings on the switch.

If you reset the email then resend the verification email it should work.

Worked for me on a new account.

• 4 weeks later...