The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Linked Instead of Merged, Did NOT Participate in Account Migration

TheLyricAinu

Hey, I just attempted to merge my PS4/PS5 account with my PC account, and it linked them just fine, but I'm not seeing any of my items from my PS4/PS5 pop up. I am a PS4/PS5 to PC player, meaning I never participated in an account migration. Do I just need to wait a while or did something mess up server-side?

12 hours ago, TheLyricAinu said:

Hey, I just attempted to merge my PS4/PS5 account with my PC account, and it linked them just fine, but I'm not seeing any of my items from my PS4/PS5 pop up. I am a PS4/PS5 to PC player, meaning I never participated in an account migration. Do I just need to wait a while or did something mess up server-side?

You LINKED instead of MERGING. In doing so you deleted your PS4/5 save. You won't get your stuff back.

LINKING wipes progess on 1 account but lets you use the other account as a cross save account

MERGING lets both accounts merge together including items, resources amd such, while letting you pick your pc account as primary.

you messed up

You sadly should have read it more carefully

4 minutes ago, Phoenix_Rose said:

You LINKED instead of MERGING. In doing so you deleted your PS4/5 save. You won't get your stuff back.

LINKING wipes progess on 1 account but lets you use the other account as a cross save account

MERGING lets both accounts merge together including items, resources amd such, while letting you pick your pc account as primary.

you messed up

This is more of an indication of why DE should not have made 2 options, linking and merging.

Merging should have been the only option. It does the exact same thing as linking, except it allows the players to keep their items. All linking is, is destructive. There is no reason at all DE should have been providing this as an option.

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

This is more of an indication of why DE should not have made 2 options, linking and merging.

Merging should have been the only option. It does the exact same thing as linking, except it allows the players to keep their items. All linking is, is destructive. There is no reason at all DE should have been providing this as an option.

Some accounts can't be merged, it's a necessity to have both.

I do think linking should've worked the Destiny way, where your chosen account is set as primary and can be accesed on all platforms, but your other accounts remain available should you choose to unlink.

6 hours ago, Phoenix_Rose said:

you messed up

The FAQ says that merging happens with eligible accounts instead of linking automatically. I read it over multiple times.