The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

linked accounts, but they didn't merge

agony

as far as i can remember never migrated my account, and yeah can still access my xbox account usernames are still different on both platforms

Edit: just went to log into the warframe site with xbox account and it showed my pc account and name

Edited by agony

31 minutes ago, agony said:

as far as i can remember never migrated my account, and yeah can still access my xbox account usernames are still different on both platforms

Edit: just went to log into the warframe site with xbox account and it showed my pc account and name

Yeah, you’re describing my exact situation. I’m “lucky” because I don’t use my PlayStation account anymore but I still have a lot of stuff on it I can’t get anymore and I’ve been looking forward to getting it all back, not to mention a decent chunk of plat in relics alone. DE should’ve made rollbacks of everyone’s accounts in case of bugs like these but with how many bugs have occurred it’s gonna take a MINUTE for all this to be fixed. 
I’m super glad to hear I’m not the only one having issues with this though. My username is the same on both accounts so I thought it was gonna be some super niche bug nobody else had. 

Your problem is you LINKED the accounts you didn't MERGE the accounts.

Linking DELETES the secondary accounts and then sets the one you marked as Primary as your only, Cross-save account

Merging MERGES the secondary accounts gear and resources into the one you marked as primary.

This is why I said Linking should never have been an option.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb TheLyricAinu:

I read the FAQ multiple times, it said merging would occur automatically. 

exactly, another thing that just adds to the pile of confusion for all of those that have no access to it yet.

"HOW DO I PERFORM A ONE-TIME ACCOUNT MERGE INSTEAD OF LINKING?"

"Eligible accounts will automatically undergo the One-Time Account Merge instead of Linking when you connect your Warframe accounts."

https://www.warframe.com/crossprogression

9 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Your problem is you LINKED the accounts you didn't MERGE the accounts.

Linking DELETES the secondary accounts and then sets the one you marked as Primary as your only, Cross-save account

Merging MERGES the secondary accounts gear and resources into the one you marked as primary.

This is why I said Linking should never have been an option.

So when I get the ability to link my accounts I have an old ps4 account with all my stuff.

I created a brand new pc account because I didn't have one before.

When I link the accounts, I  need to make sure the ps4 account is the primary account, right? The  when I log in on the pc account I'll be able to access my ps4 stuff?

I dont think I'm eligible for merge since my pc account is too new.

1 hour ago, (PSN)BladedDingo said:

So when I get the ability to link my accounts I have an old ps4 account with all my stuff.

I created a brand new pc account because I didn't have one before.

When I link the accounts, I  need to make sure the ps4 account is the primary account, right? The  when I log in on the pc account I'll be able to access my ps4 stuff?

I dont think I'm eligible for merge since my pc account is too new.

Yes.

The PC account isn't eligible for the merge anymore. It would ahve been, if DE had kept to their FAQ. They changed it without saying anything to exclude newer accounts from being able to merge now