Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Is Too Easy.

Laraso

Q: What's the difference between level 1 and level 15 enemies?

A: Nothing, they both die in one shot.

Q: What's the difference between level 16 and level 22 enemies?

A: Nothing, they both die in two shots to the body or one shot to the head.

Q: What's the difference between level 23 and level 30 enemies?

A: Nothing, they both die in three shots to the body or one/two shots to the head.

Q: What's the difference between level 1 - 30 enemies and level 35+ enemies?

A: Every mission in the game is comprised of level 1 - 30 enemies, while level 35+ enemies don't exist unless it's a stalker or you're 25 minutes into survival.

--

This game was fun when I started playing two weeks ago when the only things I had was my Excalibur and an unmodded Braton, but it's just not as fun anymore. I have around 20 weapons and 3 max rank warframes, and virtually all challenge this game once had is completely lost.

I can't understand why people bother to max out Serration. Once you get it to around rank 6, you've got all the damage you need to one-shot most enemies found in 50% of the game's content. Shotguns in particular are hilariously powerful, since pretty much 90% of the missions in this game involve CQC firefights in small corridors and air vents.

Warframe abilities in general are hideously overpowered, and any half-competent player can eviscerate 50+ enemies simultaneously by simply hitting the 4 key. I don't bother playing online anymore, I only play solo or in private parties with friends, because watching some random nobody in their Nova throw out Molecular Prime on every single enemy they ever see ever and easily sanitizing multiple rooms full of enemies instantly isn't exactly the most thrilling experience. Iron skin is lame, the only time it's actually possible for me to die while playing as a Rhino is if I stay past 30 minutes in survival when enemies start level scaling at a ridiculously fast rate.

Is the game intended to be this way, or is this simply an unfortunate consequence of the early release of Damage 2.0? Is there anything I can do to add challenge to this game for myself without purposefully gimping myself by using bad weapons with bad mods?

Edited by Laraso

level 35+ enemies doesn't exists? it is a joke right?

I never see them unless I'm either 30+ minutes into a survival or I'm playing in the select few missions located at the far ends of Pluto.

Edited by Laraso

Here we go again veterans....

Don't call something easy until you have been here a long enough time, as damage 2.0 has been just released.

I know I'm still fairly new, which is why I asked if this percieved lack of difficulty is being caused by Damage 2.0.

can't tell if serious or  just hasn't been to all the end game planets.

I've reached every planet in the game.

I just argued this point in about 10 pages thread - Game still to easy. I agree there is nothing challenging once you are semi decently equipped.

Took me about 50 hours game play to get to that level.

DE please pay attention its not people being egotistical, waving epeens, being elitist snobs or whatever they get accused of. The game is far too easy at higher levels.

Edited by Backarr

The guy haven't tried that 50-52 infested rescue alert a while ago.

Anyway, start using wrong damage and suddenly things start being harder.

I did, it was hilarious, everyone, but me, kept dying.

I had Loki and spend half the time reviving everyone.

But those super high levels are now left to special areas so his problem is that most of the game has enemies not being that challenging.

30+ minute survival? Bro, I got all mods maxed out on my rhino and those enemies hit like a truck, dont tell me "its not a challenge" herp derp.

Also, melee only vs stalker.

I never said 30+ minute survival isn't a challenge. However, it isn't an ideal challenge, it's just plain stupid because enemies start jumping up 3 levels every single minute. You get 25 minutes of boring, 2 or 3 minutes of fun and then anything beyond that just becomes a hassle.

I did, it was hilarious, everyone, but me, kept dying.

I had Loki and spend half the time reviving everyone.

But those super high levels are now left to special areas so his problem is that most of the game has enemies not being that challenging.

Exactly.

Edited by Laraso

I know I'm still fairly new, which is why I asked if this percieved lack of difficulty is being caused by Damage 2.0.

I've reached every planet in the game.

I've been here since 2012 (Can check my profile), so I've seen this game in many different stages.

This is how it always has been and will always will be until DE proves otherwise. If the gameplay doesn't do it for you, the game might not be for you.

The real reason I am still playing after almost a year now is because of my clan. The game itself gets boring overtime.

ts you overall idea of damage 2.0 sucks is a right one. however you are lacking insight on whole problem with it.

on day one i made a post that my sentinel made 570 kills on Cyath. However after level 60 it is damn hard to kill mobs if you are soloing. and after level 100+ it is impossible to kill mobs even if you are in group.

weapon that have 3k faction specific damage in the end is dealing 27 tops with a crit. so you get the idea right?

ts you overall idea of damage 2.0 sucks is a right one. however you are lacking insight on whole problem with it.

on day one i made a post that my sentinel made 570 kills on Cyath. However after level 60 it is damn hard to kill mobs if you are soloing. and after level 100+ it is impossible to kill mobs even if you are in group.

weapon that have 3k faction specific damage in the end is dealing 27 tops with a crit. so you get the idea right?

That's nice. I'd love for you to give me a few examples of where you can fight those enemies without waiting 40+ minutes in survival.

Edited by Laraso

Lol I wish it were easy. I can solo some missions with my Excalibur but to do the higher lvl stuff I need the help of other friends who are higher lvl and have better mods/equipment. Someday I'll get to that point I'm sure, but that seems a bit far off. I seen random people online that just destroy enemies left and right and I struggle just to run through the level at their pace without even attacking anyone haha. 

That's nice. I'd love for you to give me a few examples of where you can fight those enemies without waiting 40+ minutes in survival.

You cant, that's the problem it takes too long to get to the point where you have some challenge and than one of 3 things happen - PCs start dying/defense, somebody gets a mod they need and leave, oxygen stops dropping/survival. 

The easiest way to fix this problem is to let you choose at which wave/minute you want to start or some kind of ability to select npc range.

If you're one-three shotting everything in this game you're:

A) Using something ridiculously high-end.

B) Playing against low-level enemies and mistaking them for end-game-ish enemies.
C) Using Loki (master race)

If you want difficulty, go where it exists. Play to ridiculously high levels/time in defense/survival missions. I haven't played much since U11's drop so I can't comment on anything high-end, not if everyone is claiming they've become easier.

A big problem with difficulty in this game is that DE has to cater to a few completely different kinds of players. There are Newbies, Mid-tier, and High-end players. Each tier requires a completely different level of difficulty, and even within those tiers there exist different kinds of players. Jack the high-end difficulty up too much and you're looking at a similar situation we hard prior to D2.0. People complaining enemies are too hard. This isn't something easy to solve, not without constantly expanding on our star chart, adding in more areas all increasing in starting enemy level. My best recommendation for you (OP), is to stop taking your best gear into games with you. If you want a challenge, taking your best gear is not the way to go about it. Not if you're unwilling to sit through an hour of survival to get that challenge.

EDIT: Actually, what weapon are you using that is trivializing endish-game with a level 6 serration? And did they change Iron Skin in U11? Because I know prior to it high-end enemies oneshotted you along with your ironskin. This is why Trinity was the best tank in the game (Valkyr has joined her, but lacks the versatility that Trinity has).

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

just to run through the level at their pace without even attacking anyone haha. 

and what is wrong with that? your primary task is to unlock entire solar system in first 2-3 days.

@Burrito is that your advice? you are not the first one who is saying that. which means "create artificial difficulty by yourself for yourself because DE fails to deliver... again."