The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe community, Please stop spreading misinformation.

MajesticBBQSauce

I keep hearing this same one lie in almost EVERY video talking about Qorvex, making him seem terrible. While I don't think he's absolutely OP, I do believe this one word is damaging peoples perceptions of how good he is.
That word is Damage. Not how much he can deal, because he deals a lot if you play him right. The key here is, many heard Pablo talk about his passive back in devstream 175 and what it does. MANY heard damage was added to their guns, straight up, no caveat. I did too, especially since everyone was saying it did. Then when Pablo messaged they were changing it, saying it was redundant, I got confused.

Free damage is never redundant. Pablo would never say it is. I thought about what that would entail, and DE does not add free damage without a caveat. Like having to run around or get kills quickly.
I listened to it again and again. Listening for the specific words Pablo used (he makes sure of what he says.), he didn't say damage, he said multiple times, Status. Qorvex's old passive was redundant, it added radiation status, a weak status, on a frame that applied it easily anyway. It was redundant.

This opened a whole can of worms of things I'm going to be looking for from the community. Things they DIDN'T actually hear, things that Pablo specifically worded to, not imply but directly state, be one way. And watch as the community says it's something unrealistic.

I beg of you community, when watching devstreams, please make sure to listen to the exact words Pablo says. He knows WTF he is talking about.

Devstream: Timestamp of 48:50 for passive.

P.S. I don't say this as something unique to this community, but all of them. When misinformation spreads, it is proven to be difficult to remove, even from an official source. I just ask we be more mindful and seek not to misinterpret what other's say. I know I've done this, recently in fact. I am working on doing better myself. If you've read this far, I salute you and hope to see the community grow stronger than before. GL Tenno,

Edit: Point of this post is not to fixate on Qorvex's Passive or say that Pablo is a perfect person with no faults.
Just that we have been going down a rocky road for a bit now as a community, especially content creators and it would be best if we together worked hard to mitigate that.
Rebecca, Megan, and Steve [DE], commonly misspeak (see tennocon 2023, counting how many times Reb says "oh"). No fault of theirs, my understanding is they are just very excitable. While the official recaps seem to be a little inconsistent.
Pablo is just the most consistent in providing info that is reflected in the game and gameplay. So I am recommending him as a good source of info.

Edited by MajesticBBQSauce
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

I find it funny that someone in 2023 thinks that saying "stop doing this" to anyone at any time makes the person stop, let alone a whole community. In any case, let me be the example of good practice and spread 100% legit information:

Yeah it works horribly when trying to actually get people to stop. It works great when trying to get people to click on a link ;).

Still though, the message is what is important. Listen to what Pablo says exactly. It won't stop if i just say so. It will get better if I explain what is more important.

Edited by MajesticBBQSauce
Forgot Context
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, MajesticBBQSauce said:

He knows WTF he is talking about.

Considering the absolute clown show that some of the frames are, I doubt that.

I mean, Lavos? Grendel? Yareli?

I don't really pay attention to who came up with the abilities and themes of these frames in particular, but if Pablo had anything to do with 'em, then no, hes does not know what he's talking about.

Edited by o0Despair0o

9 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I don't really pay attention to who came up with the abilities and themes of these frames in particular, but if Pablo had anything to do with 'em, then no, hes does not know what he's talking about.

Those three frames are fine though? They're pretty good.

• Like 6

it happens all the time, just have to correct them by providing the actual info , devstream numb , prime time num or exact post, ect

lot of bs gets tossed about based on peoples feelings or what they re-interpret , when you give them the hard facts they can still be unmovable , but least you try 

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Those three frames are fine though? They're pretty good.

they are fun and usable 

id say each has their own peak point of play thats hard to crawl over , but with loadouts/arcane variances they can still be scalable for various play 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MajesticBBQSauce said:

I listened to it again and again. Listening for the specific words Pablo used (he makes sure of what he says.), he didn't say damage, he said multiple times, Status. Qorvex's old passive was redundant, it added radiation status, a weak status, on a frame that applied it easily anyway. It was redundant.

This opened a whole can of worms of things I'm going to be looking for from the community. Things they DIDN'T actually hear, things that Pablo specifically worded to, not imply but directly state, be one way. And watch as the community says it's something unrealistic.

I don't know what they originally intended, and I don't even care.  Nor do I think that bad reviews are automatically explained by people's take on the original passive, whether they were mistaken or not. 

I just want to point out that in DE's own summary of the devstream it says...

Passive: all weapon attacks by Qorvex come with bonus Radiation damage.

Whatever the misinformation was, it wasn't just players with bad hearing spreading it.

59 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Those frames are actually Very good.
Yareli has the second best damage vulnerability and can tank extremely well. Lavos has no commitment to his abilities, has access to whatever damage is require of him and has great default Effective HP. Grendel, can continously apply health and armor to himself, add viral to his and ally weapons and has incredible speed.
I know for certain Yareli and Grendel were in a MUCH worse state before.

But this is a tangent. The point of my post isn't to say he is perfect in balancing warframes. That wasn't what i said.

I said listen to his words. To put it better, his wording.
He constantly corrects Rebecca when she says something incorrect that could be taken too far. He says things in a specific way so to mitigate misinterpretation of what he means. While what he does is great, what he says is the best way to word the goal of the final product when designing warframes.
And I'm 100% using a reply to you to clarify that in general.

4 hours ago, MajesticBBQSauce said:

Those frames are actually Very good.

4 hours ago, MajesticBBQSauce said:

I know for certain Yareli and Grendel were in a MUCH worse state before.

Grendel's greatest asset is still as a helminth ability, and his speed is only effective when it's under total control or else the player winds up playing a mildly entertaining game of 4-D pinball.  Lavos, while indeed providing valuable self-support, has his "do any kind of damage" component offset by the fact that the wind-up for his damage takes long enough for some frames to have wiped the whole room and moved on to the next one.  Yareli, despite having been buffed, must still incur the wrath of her archenemies that are low doorways, and still has to waste both energy and EHP in rooms that weren't designed for K-Drives, which is also something Yareli players still struggle with.

Yes, both Grendel and Yareli are better off than they once were, but "very good" is sadly still a bit of a stretch for all three (Lavos is probably the closest).  To be fair though, this actually does do a great job emphasizing the difficulty of trying to communicate stuff like this and how hard it is for folks like Pablo to keep stuff like this under control.

2 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Grendel's greatest asset is still as a helminth ability, and his speed is only effective when it's under total control or else the player winds up playing a mildly entertaining game of 4-D pinball.  Lavos, while indeed providing valuable self-support, has his "do any kind of damage" component offset by the fact that the wind-up for his damage takes long enough for some frames to have wiped the whole room and moved on to the next one.  Yareli, despite having been buffed, must still incur the wrath of her archenemies that are low doorways, and still has to waste both energy and EHP in rooms that weren't designed for K-Drives, which is also something Yareli players still struggle with.

Yes, both Grendel and Yareli are better off than they once were, but "very good" is sadly still a bit of a stretch for all three (Lavos is probably the closest).  To be fair though, this actually does do a great job emphasizing the difficulty of trying to communicate stuff like this and how hard it is for folks like Pablo to keep stuff like this under control.

It seems many meta players forget weapons platforms exist. 

The "but something better" has already been debunked as there's no race and individual player knowledge and experience varies.

Plenty of capable players take advantage of the buffs yareli and Grendel provide. 

A whole plethora of items like arcanes have been released to further power creep secondary primary and melee recently as well.

The only thing that ruined Grendel was changing his toxin damage buff to viral, but that's only because I frequently do steel path corpus and his kit fit perfectly as a natural "corpus killer".

And Grendel 4th is removed for warcry or roar or something useful. 4th is a gimmick.

Misinformation, misunderstanding, and miscommunication, can overlap in several ways, but also differ. I don't disagree with the idea of people being more careful about spreading misinformation, but also enough to have spent time learning about the mechanisms involved with why and how it commonly occurs. So it often becomes more about context and framing. Like one way of dealing with misinformation, is putting it into context to help people learn how to deal with it adequately, especially for low risk situations, where misunderstandings, misinformation isn't necessarily the most severe or urgent issue. Younger people especially, children etc, having to learn a bit more about context sensitive issues, nuance, truth, absence of truth, distortions, manipulations, intent, lack of intent, knowledge, lack of knowledge, understanding, limited understanding so on. Which then can be used as a basis to help with far larger more complicated issues and scenarios. 

More on topic, I... haven't really been in a position to hear what the "community" has been saying about Qorvex, nor many videos at all. Have seen a few, one was very positive, the other was disappointed in nature. So I want to be transparent I am not claiming to know what the community is saying, and whether they are being misleading. It is quite a complex idea though as far as beliefs and claims about how influential they might be with such perspectives. Also as far as redundancy, well, it depends. ideas can have differences of perspectives and views and can be acknowledged as such. Sometimes an individuals idea or perspective, also isn't intended to be taken as the final word either. Or it may again involve context. Like I think Pablos choice of words is fine and good, as far as original passive plans, especially with the idea of using his kit. That being said, a player who uses guns/melee more and abilities less, could find the older passive very very useful. For CO/GO builds. Then regardless of that discussion, I am not necessarily seeing why/how that should influence to the larger idea of the Warframe being "bad/good". as strong opinions, aren't necessarily the same as misinformation. Also, such opinions, would likely naturally exist even if there wasn't a misunderstanding around the passive. This thread is a good example of that as far as differing peoples views on other Warframes, and how they/we frame such issues.  

To be clear again though, I don't disagree with OP, and I especially agree with the last part, in a generalised way. Language and communication are great subjects to learn about when you can that can be incredibly useful tool, given how much information is now available to use, and how often its used by others (including some sources that can be quite nefarious, that people often overlook), its just very beneficial to be mindful of such ideas with a but more nuance and understanding. In general and in regards to Qorvex's passive.