The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unable to trade with same console after activating cross save

peeky25

This morning, I (Playstation player) followed the steps online to activate cross save. It had me create a PC account, then link the PS5 account to it. The PS5 account was selected as the main account and my account currently shows linked between PC and PS5.

When attempting to trade an alliance member to give them a mod (also playing Playstation), I was given a prompt that because they were not cross save enabled we could not trade, even though we were both on the same platform. They confirmed they were not cross save activated. 

After testing trades with various clan members, I was able to trade successfully with PC players who had cross save enabled, as well as PC players without cross save enabled. I could not trade with Playstation players who did not have cross save enabled even though I am playing on Playstation.18c8f495cec71-screenshotUrl.jpg?ex=65976

• Like 2

Did you trade on PS or PC? 

————
CROSS PLATFORM TRADING & GIFTING

Tenno can trade with players on different platforms (depending on those players’ Cross Platform settings). Trading will function the same as gifting, except for trading Platinum between Nintendo Switch and other platforms, which is not available.

To make sure you can trade with friends or fellow Tenno across platforms, be sure you are using a Cross Platform Save Account (or PC account*) and have Cross Platform Play enabled via your in-game settings. TennoGuard 2FA is required to trade in-game items with fellow Tenno in Warframe, which can be enabled via the Account Management page.

*PC accounts can automatically trade with players on other platforms — provided that both players still have Cross Platform Play enabled in their settings and that any non-PC player trading with them has a Cross Platform Save Account. 

Trading Variables:

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• Trade with all Cross Platform Save players.

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• PC: trade with PC and Cross Platform Save enabled players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save disabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• PC: trade with any PC players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save enabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled… 

• Non-PC Platforms: trade with players on your platform who also have Cross Platform Save disabled
  • Like 1

I got the same problem here, with some testing i think why we can't tread with same consol platform players is becus our account thinks we playing on pc, what i mean is ween i went to maroon relay i got in to one that was only pc no xbox players to be seen (i play on xbox),  so i switch platform to pc and went to same maroon relay well same people and all hade windows logo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Did you trade on PS or PC? 

————
CROSS PLATFORM TRADING & GIFTING

Tenno can trade with players on different platforms (depending on those players’ Cross Platform settings). Trading will function the same as gifting, except for trading Platinum between Nintendo Switch and other platforms, which is not available.

To make sure you can trade with friends or fellow Tenno across platforms, be sure you are using a Cross Platform Save Account (or PC account*) and have Cross Platform Play enabled via your in-game settings. TennoGuard 2FA is required to trade in-game items with fellow Tenno in Warframe, which can be enabled via the Account Management page.

*PC accounts can automatically trade with players on other platforms — provided that both players still have Cross Platform Play enabled in their settings and that any non-PC player trading with them has a Cross Platform Save Account. 

Trading Variables:

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• Trade with all Cross Platform Save players.

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• PC: trade with PC and Cross Platform Save enabled players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save disabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save enabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled… 

• Non-PC Platforms: trade with players on your platform who also have Cross Platform Save disabled

2 things.
Absolutely nobody in dark mode can read this. DE needs to sort out whatever tf this text color garbage is.

And that is the most convoluted set of BS I've ever read. What's the point of it being restricted like that? Why can't we all just trade with eachother? So stupid. This better be a limited time rule set just for while they're testing and ironing this stuff out. Cus if that stays, they completely ruined player trading.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

2 things.
Absolutely nobody in dark mode can read this. DE needs to sort out whatever tf this text color garbage is.

And that is the most convoluted set of BS I've ever read. What's the point of it being restricted like that? Why can't we all just trade with eachother? So stupid. This better be a limited time rule set just for while they're testing and ironing this stuff out. Cus if that stays, they completely ruined player trading.

I just copied this from the post below. Didn’t mess with the text editor.

• Like 1

Removing the ability to trade with the same platform you have been playing on since day 1 because some people don't want to enable Cross save is beyond terrible.

We were tricked into thinking cross-save would make our accounts just work on other platforms and nothing else would change. Not convert our accounts into PC accounts and let our consoles just read data from the PC account. No wonder I can't trade with any of my PSN clan anymore since all my items are technically PC items.

They need to resolve this so everyone can trade or let us revert our accounts back to the console we were originally on and turn off cross-save.

I've been playing on PlayStation since 2015 and I regret ever enabling cross-save because of the restrictions on trading with my own clan and alliance now

• Like 6

I am already starting to to regret doing this. I also been on PS since day one since Warframe's release. Now I can't trade anyone from PlayStation at all. Unless they did this Cross Save. So Now I can only Trade with PC. It's like DE is trying to push everyone to PC by forcing other Platforms to do this Cross Save to have one type. I might as well shift my Warframe  Market to PC at this point instead of PlayStation. Now people need to have Cross Save to trade with anyone from the same Platform or just Trade with PC peeps. DE is slick. Whelp time to shift my stuff until DE fixes this crap.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2023 at 8:35 PM, peeky25 said:

This morning, I (Playstation player) followed the steps online to activate cross save. It had me create a PC account, then link the PS5 account to it. The PS5 account was selected as the main account and my account currently shows linked between PC and PS5.

When attempting to trade an alliance member to give them a mod (also playing Playstation), I was given a prompt that because they were not cross save enabled we could not trade, even though we were both on the same platform. They confirmed they were not cross save activated. 

After testing trades with various clan members, I was able to trade successfully with PC players who had cross save enabled, as well as PC players without cross save enabled. I could not trade with Playstation players who did not have cross save enabled even though I am playing on Playstation.18c8f495cec71-screenshotUrl.jpg?ex=65976

I have the EXACT same issue going on... BUT today I was able to trade with someone on PC (I am on PS5) in their dojo. I was hoping that after I was able to trade with him I would be able to trade with someone else in trade chat from a different platform, but no luck... I created a pc account (was required to) & merged my PS5 account with my Nintendo Switch, while the window was open and at first my trade chat showed nobody in it besides me. Region chat and Relay was empty also. Fast forward a few days and more screennames are showing BUT still not sure who I can/can't trade with. I trade alot and help my clan.. So please figure this out! Other than that I'm super excited to see what comes next. Keep up the great work!!!

Same issue cross save because my clan mate wanted to gift me an item for Christmas both Xbox players but wouldn’t allow her until I did the merge and cross save gifting went fine then. Then next day try to trade to my other clan mate to max out their cascadia flare can’t trade due to cross save settings 

• Like 2