The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can't sign into Switch account on website

Spike_Rose

So I'm trying to copy/link/merge my progress onto my couple-year old Switch account, but I'm not able to sign in on the website whatsoever with my Switch account. It doesn't even prompt me for login info, It just defaults to;

Account could not be found. Please create an account on your Nintendo Switch console.

Yes, I've tried clearing my cookies. I've tried different browsers, I've tried logging in through both the In-game browser on my Switch via the Account Management part of the Options, the Switch's separate browser. Nothing seems to go through. Is anyone having this problem? Anyone else find a way to brute force past it and make it work? Trying to link/merge/cross while logged into my PC account just results in;

You must log into Warframe on your Nintendo Switch Account before you're eligible for link/merge.

• Like 2

No idea, but the response has been poor from support.

Just for transparency's sake, here's some fun stuff I picked up on the Discord and from my own email. They're batch responding to us the same thing almost like a bot. lol

7efe27f929d3038ada25b460198d6a7f.png

And then here's mine. Not to hit full doomer mode but this isn't inspiring confidence for new year. Note the response context, you tell me if they're actually reading these things:

924de5d91dc5f6cfb27f82b8469040de.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sans_Seriff said:

No idea, but the response has been poor from support.

Just for transparency's sake, here's some fun stuff I picked up on the Discord and from my own email. They're batch responding to us the same thing almost like a bot. lol

7efe27f929d3038ada25b460198d6a7f.png

And then here's mine. Not to hit full doomer mode but this isn't inspiring confidence for new year. Note the response context, you tell me if they're actually reading these things:

924de5d91dc5f6cfb27f82b8469040de.png

Damn, glad to see this being echoed by someone who has mained the Switch version, I thought it was just from me neglecting my own Switch account. This absolutely has to be an error on either DE or Nintendo's end then. I tried 3 different browsers here, each with caches, cookies, and everything cleared out. Doesn't let me connect when using anything, and it's only the Switch logins doing this. Playstation and Xbox work fine as confirmed by some friends.

And yeah, I saw that 'authenticate for web access' thing getting passed around a bit too when I was doing Google searches. I'm not seeing that anywhere in the menus I am able to access. If you get another answer back, could you pass that along here? I'm having no luck so far, getting the suspicion it's out of our hands, as players.

I'm having this exact issue. I main PC but I was looking forward to linking my Switch account so I could play easily during trips. I made my Switch account last year around this time but hardly ever touched it so I didn't realize I couldn't log onto my Switch account on the Warframe website till now. The only response I got from Warframe support so far is that they'd made some changes that may have fixed the problem and I should try again. I tried again and nothing has changed. I responded that was the case, but I have yet to hear back again. 

The very first time I tried to log into my Switch account it did redirect me to the Nintendo website to log into my account there, and I did, but once it redirected me back to the Warframe website it gives me the error "ACCOUNT COULD NOT BE FOUND. PLEASE CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON YOUR NINTENDO SWITCH CONSOLE." 

I saw the same post about the "Authenticate for Web Access" within the Switch game and I also do not have that option, nor do I remember clicking on it in the past. 

4 minutes ago, Ianew said:

I'm having this exact issue. I main PC but I was looking forward to linking my Switch account so I could play easily during trips. I made my Switch account last year around this time but hardly ever touched it so I didn't realize I couldn't log onto my Switch account on the Warframe website till now. The only response I got from Warframe support so far is that they'd made some changes that may have fixed the problem and I should try again. I tried again and nothing has changed. I responded that was the case, but I have yet to hear back again. 

The very first time I tried to log into my Switch account it did redirect me to the Nintendo website to log into my account there, and I did, but once it redirected me back to the Warframe website it gives me the error "ACCOUNT COULD NOT BE FOUND. PLEASE CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON YOUR NINTENDO SWITCH CONSOLE." 

I saw the same post about the "Authenticate for Web Access" within the Switch game and I also do not have that option, nor do I remember clicking on it in the past. 

Exactly what my plan was too, something to play during trips. We have another conversation going about this topic too that really took off, better than mine did in an attempt to gather some more information. DE has essentially pinned this down as a known issue according to the last message I read so I don't think it's going to be resolved until next year. You can read into the discussion we had here; https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1377652-unable-to-link-nintendo-switch-account/

I'm going to also advise anyone who stumbles onto this topic later to just head over there too, it and this topic both have some good info thanks to what Sans_Seriff and Tennovyre contributed. Long story short; they'll fix it when they come back to work in January.

Edited by Spike_Rose
  • Like 1