The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

switch account not connecting

Dracanoblade

so when i try to connect my switch account to my other accounts, with the primary being the pc account, it says i need to log into a switch account to make one or something, but i have already played on the swtich so this shouldn't be an issue. What's going on? why is this error popping?

It doesn't work for me and gives me the same error.

One other user suggested the following is the cause, I never knew I had that option before and never did it.

from the WITW patch notes:

NSW Whispers in the Walls: Hotfix #1

Nintendo Switch Specific Note: 

• Removed the “Web Authentication” button on Nintendo Switch. 
  •  

6 minutes ago, Chronabis said:

It doesn't work for me and gives me the same error.

One other user suggested the following is the cause, I never knew I had that option before and never did it.

from the WITW patch notes:

NSW Whispers in the Walls: Hotfix #1

Nintendo Switch Specific Note: 

• Removed the “Web Authentication” button on Nintendo Switch. 
  •  

even after the hotfix, i'm still getting the error so i wanna know what's up because the window is closing fast

6 minutes ago, Gerlon. said:

Do you have the cloud save subscription service on Nintendo? I’m wondering if this might be required for your data to be available for DE to access it. 

You keep saying/assuming this, I can confirm it does not help. I have Cloud data and now a current Nintendo Online sub and it still has the same issues. 

Fact is we lost the "button" in the Profile menu in game that people used to use to fix this issue. It's an old solution that seemed to work for many people before the recent hotfix that removed it. 

SO... it seems to work for people that have had the option in their in-game profile menu to allow DE to send the info it needs and logged into the website with their switch account before the hotfix removed the option... 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)LoadedGamer said:

You keep saying/assuming this, I can confirm it does not help. I have Cloud data and now a current Nintendo Online sub and it still has the same issues. 

Fact is we lost the "button" in the Profile menu in game that people used to use to fix this issue. It's an old solution that seemed to work for many people before the recent hotfix that removed it. 

SO... it seems to work for people that have had the option in their in-game profile menu to allow DE to send the info it needs and logged into the website with their switch account before the hotfix removed the option... 

ok sorry just trying to help and was speculating that this could be the issue. I will be glad if it is not since I think it would suck if people have to pay Nintendo to get cross save working. I don’t know anything about DE’s software so I could be completely wrong. 

• Like 1