The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur's slide attack energy drain

_GoodLuck_

Remove it. I like slide attacks but I don't want to waste energy on it while using his 4.

At least reduce energy cost by 90%. 5 energy for slide attacks (affected by efficiency mods) would be nice.

EDIT:

I even accept an augment that disables this mechanics. But let's make it counterwise - add an augment that enables it, by default the mechanics is disabled.

Edited by _GoodLuck_
  • Like 2

It's a tough call. The blind increases your damage output (as far as I can remember) so it's still kind of justified to have an energy cost of some sort but it also comes at the cost of not having an actual slide attack, which is actually good on swords. The issue with having another augment that only acts on his 4 means it would technically compete with chromatic blade the same way Absorb augments do on Nyx : you can't ever have both at once, which makes things even more complicated.

1 hour ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

It's a tough call. The blind increases your damage output (as far as I can remember) so it's still kind of justified to have an energy cost of some sort but it also comes at the cost of not having an actual slide attack, which is actually good on swords. The issue with having another augment that only acts on his 4 means it would technically compete with chromatic blade the same way Absorb augments do on Nyx : you can't ever have both at once, which makes things even more complicated.

Makes sense. Then just remove it or make as an augment but stronger. I have nothing to suggest.

6 hours ago, _GoodLuck_ said:

Makes sense. Then just remove it or make as an augment but stronger. I have nothing to suggest.

If it helps with the acceptance of why DE aren't doing anything, there's the reason it was added in the first place:

Because DE couldn't make a slide-attack with one of the EB beams work, and they didn't want to because of how powerful that would be on the ability at base. If they gave Exalted Blade an actual slide attack, players would be then asking where the blade beam was, and why it wasn't a radial beam that could hit everything in that radius outside of the range of the sword the way the regular beams do. They didn't want to do that, and it was difficult to do at base, so they didn't.

Blind exists because the radial attack was simply not something DE wanted on Exalted Blade.

On 2023-12-24 at 5:43 AM, _GoodLuck_ said:

Remove it. I like slide attacks but I don't want to waste energy on it while using his 4.

At least reduce energy cost by 90%. 5 energy for slide attacks (affected by efficiency mods) would be nice.

EDIT:

I even accept an augment that disables this mechanics. But let's make it counterwise - add an augment that enables it, by default the mechanics is disabled.

Just do what I did years ago and relearn to never slide while having EB out 😁

I agree overall, either lower the cost or remove it entirely. It doesn't even trigger Brief Respite since it doesn't appear to be coded as an ability. Doesn't even make it useful for shield gating which would be possible otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...