The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recommend me some secondaries that are NOT for dual wielding

TioMegaManX

Question

I liked dual wielding a lot, kind of a thing cuz I liked it in Dark Sector, but currently the system is broken, it not only disables alternate fire BUT secondaries without and alt fire disable glaive detonation, in order to keep using glaives I need to rely on some akimbo secondaries or the grimoire, sadly my current secondaries are not that good considering my usual setups, I used to have a Lex, Pyranha or Tenet Plinx, right now my other secondaries are not very optimized (akstileto prime, dex furis can add tons of status but can't kill), what are my alternatives?

EDIT: To be clear, I can't use any "single gun" with a glaive because both the ones with alt fire and those without have bugs, so yeah, akimbo, kunai (which there aren't many I don't have), etc.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

some akimbo secondaries

Akarius is pretty nifty, AoE Status weapon that can kill (at least base) SP stuff easily enough.

Do Thrown Secondaries count as akimbo? If so, Staticor is still fun,
the variable speed vs AoE size is neat, good damage either way, less ammo issues than the previous.

Aegrit is another AoE option (but in Crit flavor) that I enjoy using.
Alas, quite low ammo reserves so going solo and / or stripping Armor with abilities might be needed for SP.

2 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

alt fire

I'm not sure, but I assume Incarnons fall under this?
Just go through the list there, plenty neat stuff, e.g. Laetum and Atomos currently see frequent use on my end.

Azima is often overlooked in favor of Zenith or the more flashy Zenistar even,
but, ignoring the niche alt fire, it's a fine Slash-y Pistol that again I've had perform well enough against even SP levels of Armor.

6 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I liked dual wielding a lot, kind of a thing cuz I liked it in Dark Sector, but currently the system is broken, it not only disables alternate fire BUT secondaries without and alt fire disable glaive detonation, in order to keep using glaives I need to rely on some akimbo secondaries or the grimoire, sadly my current secondaries are not that good considering my usual setups, I used to have a Lex, Pyranha or Tenet Plinx, right now my other secondaries are not very optimized (akstileto prime, dex furis can add tons of status but can't kill), what are my alternatives?

Kuva Nukor with Magnetic progen still annihilates everything. Set it up with a heat bias with Heat/rad/corrosive/mag with especially secondary encumber, and it can pretty much clean the map. No alt fire.

Another is Tenet Cycron which works really well with some of the special thrown mods if you happen to use those. The one that gives reload+magazine capacity works nicely, something you might've tested with the Tenet Plinx already. No alt fire as well.