Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.0.7

[DE]Rebecca

What in the hell made you guys think buffing Alad V/Zanuka from level 14 to level 37 was such a good idea? You do know that makes him the equivalent of a level 70 or so boss now, right? Everything else in the level was level 11-14, yet here comes Alad V/Zanuka at more than twice the level under altered level scaling!

God, you always do this, it's like you're utterly incapable of balancing things in any way that's not one extreme or the other.

He and Zanuka were buffed too much, sure us veteran players like it, but remember, Jupiter is a middle-ish planet. Lots of lower level players will be working through it for the first time. 

It's written that their MAX level is increased. This means that the boss will still scale to the squad's level (going solo with max ranked stuff and all, they're at level 15, which is extremely easy for veteran solo). In theory, if low level players reach him, it will be scaled accordingly to them.

That's what I hope at least, since I can't test it myself nor do I know how it's scaled (is it based on mastery rank?).

Edited by Casardis

It's written that their MAX level is increased. This means that the boss will still scale to the squad's level (going solo with max ranked stuff and all, they're at level 15, which is extremely easy for veteran solo). In theory, if low level players reach him, it will be scaled accordingly to them.

That's what I hope at least, since I can't test it myself nor do I know how it's scaled (is it based on mastery rank?).

Then why bother running the level after you get what you need? Better to farm other areas of Jupiter for resources since two bosses at those levels under the current system is the same as level 70 or so in the old one? God forbid a high level player with maxed out gear joins the mission with three relative newbies still lacking in mods and decent weapons.

If I were to design an auto-scaling system based on this game's stats, I would use a combination of frame rank, weapon ranks, and any sentinel stats. Maybe an overall buff based on mastery rank. Presence/absence of potatoes would factor in, as would the number of Forma resets. Mastery rank requirements for gear would factor in as well.

Thus, starter frames/weapons through the first 30 ranks would see slight difficulty growth. As the player gets better weapons, and more highly modified gear, their "effective level" would raise more sharply.

I would hope DE's works similarly. If it's just based on bare rank without factoring in boosters, that would strike me as amateur behavior. Similarly if a flat increase is added based on mastery rank without factoring in equipped frame/weapon ranks.

So I just found out that DE needs to update the market. I was interested in trying out the Cestra, the new corpus secondary, but when I saw it did 25 damage, I was hesitant to buy it. Why is that? Since damage 2.0, I need to know what kind of damage type it does and/or favors the most. 25 damage in the stats for the BP doesn't cut it any more, same for all the weapons being sold.

What in the hell made you guys think buffing Alad V/Zanuka from level 14 to level 37 was such a good idea? You do know that makes him the equivalent of a level 70 or so boss now, right? Everything else in the level was level 11-14, yet here comes Alad V/Zanuka at more than twice the level under altered level scaling!

God, you always do this, it's like you're utterly incapable of balancing things in any way that's not one extreme or the other.

He's level 37 to you because he now scales in level just like Vor. They gave him an overall buff -AS WELL AS- level scaling. The overall buff didn't overpower him. He's just now synced to your gear level.

When will the melee glitch be fixed? It's pretty annoying when you randomly lose the ability to melee or block... sometimes even roll.

Apparently, or so I am told, their QA team must be having a hard time reproducing this glitch. I wonder if they've tried..oh. I don't know...playing at all?