The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game freezes and crashes when exiting arsenal screen

ArticFever

Since a recent update I keep having a bug occur where after leaving my arsenal screen there's a pretty high chance that my game will freeze and crash, even when it doesn't freeze it will stutter pretty hard. This issue is relatively new as I didn't have it when the whispers in the wall first came out but after some of the small patches the bug started. I'm going to try removing all of my decorations next. I've verified the game in the launcher and optimized the cache. Its a pretty infuriating bug. 

(Update) Removed all decorations from orbiter, no difference.

(Update 2) Removed all decorations. Some decorations were left in my landing craft. Purged them. Problem has gone away.

I'm not 100% sure this was the fix but the did happen around the same time.

Edited by ArticFever
Update

I have the same problem and the only way ive managed to not crash is long time exposure of the game. Apart from that i always crash after being in the arsenal.

Hope we can both find a way out of this terrible bug. 

I've just been afflicted with this, although I haven't had this happen for all these weeks. I wonder what can be the cause. In my case I was using Excalibur Umbra, a Grimoire (also equipped/unequipped the Tome mods), the Skiajati and the Nataruk. Unsure if any of these items could be the cause. All of this on the Steam client.

Edited by NightmareT12

On 2024-01-04 at 11:23 AM, NightmareT12 said:

I've just been afflicted with this, although I haven't had this happen for all these weeks. I wonder what can be the cause. In my case I was using Excalibur Umbra, a Grimoire (also equipped/unequipped the Tome mods), the Skiajati and the Nataruk. Unsure if any of these items could be the cause. All of this on the Steam client.

I don't think your loadout has any baring on the bug. I cycled through various loadouts and would crash regardless. I removed every single decoration from my orbiter and landing craft and the bug stopped. Not 100% sure it was the fix but worth trying.

24 minutes ago, ArticFever said:

I don't think your loadout has any baring on the bug. I cycled through various loadouts and would crash regardless. I removed every single decoration from my orbiter and landing craft and the bug stopped. Not 100% sure it was the fix but worth trying.

Nah, the fix was the Tuesday's hotfix, apparently it was a DX12 issue as noted by Purzzle :3

I was having the same issue.  Anytime I was in my Orbiter at the Drifters Camp and accessed my Arsenal the game would crash after I left the arsenal.  However, I can access the arsenal in any Relay without any issues. which leads me to believe this bug is related to the Orbiter and DirectX 12 (beta). Once you switch to DirectX 11 the issue goes away.