The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Logged out in 2020. what did I missed?

(PSN)Trickster_Bae

46 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I based it on stuff I witnessed in-game.

The abilities seem boring and the grind is ridiculous.

I don't know, but I think there's a good chance you're missing out on frames that are pretty entertaining.  As far as grind goes, I thought Citrine's was one of the more enjoyable.  If you don't like Mirror Defense, probably not. 

I know you hate Duviri already, so I won't bother talking about Kullervo's acquisition.  Could be worth spending some plat on though, if you like the idea of making heavy attacks into tele-nukes.

55 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Well excuse me for wanted something better than endless timegates and grindwalls.

And I never claimed the game was bad. I claimed that recent additions were bad. That's a difference.

God forbid I have my own opinion on things.

Name things that you DO like about Warframe.

20 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

Name things that you DO like about Warframe.

Railjack

The general feel of the game (movement, gunplay, etc.)

The setting

The good optimization, which allowed me to play the game just fine on my old potato PC

The story

The community outside the forums

13 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Welcome back.

A considerable amount has been added to the game. Though, whether what you missed was substantial, important or of interest may depend greatly on what you enjoy, prefer and so on. Threads like this occur semi regularly, and often peoples responses are just them telling you vaguely how they feel about the game, from their own very individualistic perspective. Which could be helpful if the person and OP are very similar, but also a bit odd, if person and OP are very different in that regard.

2020 was a bit of a slow year as you might remember parts of, and in comparison, since then, updates started to come a bit more frequently. There were also significant leaderships changes behind Warframe creative. There have been several cinematic quest updates, including the New War.  There have been smaller cinematic updates, but many of them, came with new gameplay elements. Like Angels of Zariman gave us some new lore and advanced the story a little, but it also added new tile sets, game modes (Void Flood, Void Cascade, etc), enemies, mini bosses (Void Angels). There was also a Focus School rework, Companion rework (with more to come). 

Several older systems got reworks, updates so on. Like Railjack? Corpus Railjack was added, and you can now have your own AI Crew. Meaning, its easier to solo, and let your AI Crew do a lot of the stuff you may not want to (like Repairing or Crafting Resources, being a side gunner). Kuva Liches? Had a few new weapons (Kuva Hek was my fav), and QOL, like pity system for weapons, and ways to speed up the process. Sisters of Parvos were added as well, basically Corpus Liches, with an assortment of new weapons and Ephemera and Robot Hound Companions. 

If you just generally like collecting stuff, a whole lot of Mods, Arcanes, weapons, were added over the years. Arcanes specifically just for your guns, not just Warframes, and even recently Melee. A new system and category of weapons were added with Angels of Zariman, Incarnons and they were expanded upon as well. You might see them mentioned a lot by other players if/when you return, because they are quite powerful, quite fun and many are in the meta. Some Incarnons are brand new original weapons, others essentially augment some older weapons, that may have fallen behind, but are now ironically meta again (Braton, Burston, Miter, Boar, Lex, Vasto, etc)

You already know about Wisp Prime, so you might already guess Khora also got Primed, as well as Grendel. Also Protea will be likely primed within the year, Gauss Prime is next. Some players, especially older players can be a bit cynical and negative on newer Warframes, if they are the type to prefer the older ones, but I think the most recent Warframes, especially those released this year have been great. Some are Support styled (Citrine), some open up new melee possibilities, (Kullervo), some have Horses and thick thighs, (Dagath). A few older Warframes have gotten reworks, (Zephyr, Grendel, Hydroid) and the meta often shifts about anyway. Like Frost was in a weakish place, but then changes were made to our Warframes armour stripping, to make it easier to strip armour in certain situations, which was an indirect buff, and then later changes were made to Cold status overall, so another indirect buff. That can happen to a few different Warframes, especially when new Arcanes, Mods, are added, Helminth possibilities too. 

Duviri update was a bit polarising as far as forum feedback, but in polls/surveys it seems generally popular. Duviri was also a big update, so generalising it is a bit.. Understandable for people to potentially have mixed views. Plus again, depends a lot on your preferences, habits, play style. Like there is the Duviri story, and a certain characters gameplay and combat, and then stuff like the Circuit, which is more Warframe based... 

New update (Whispers in the Wall) is also pretty massive as well, also new tile sets, new game modes, advances plot/story a bit, new stuff to collect. One thing about Warframe, is that it has just added a lot. Meaning, if you aren't a fan, of everything being added, more of that isn't necessarily a good or bad thing, but if you are a fan and enjoying it? You get to eat rich. Oh and if you like Melee? Well that just got a new system as well, Tennokai, new Arcanes too, new possibilities and potential. New tougher missions were also generally added, Archon Hunts have been here a while, they are sort of like weekly Sorties. New Netracell missions, which you can do 5 a week, are a bit similar. 

If anything above piques your interest, or you have other general questions, feel free to ask away! Good luck on the account merge too! 

what about campanion rework? I saw it happened and im very glad, however i couldn't follow any of the videos it was too complex xD
does it makes kubrow and kavats cooler? I hope so.

i'm very much a sucker for these factors like fashion frame, pets, immersion, good gameplay i don't mind much getting the best stats and S#&$ lol

there was one time where I had a speargun and warfan that were killing a lot of enemies but I didn't find it engaging as I put a combo stance to make it look good and it was unfortunately making the animation too fast, i was just spamming the same button to kill hordes of enemies but because of the fun and esthetics i took it off. is there anything about it that was presented in these last 3 years?

I saw that grimoire, people say it is not much efficient but I don't care it is A COOL ASS BOOK.

so i hope you can tell me more about these cool stuff

also why duviri doesn't allows you to play with warframes... i just wanted to zip around with wisp and k-drive...

what about the balance tweaks? I hope i can use the same mod sets I had used back in 2020, they were mainly focused towards attack speed, sprint speed, casting speed, and more energy.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Trickster_Bae said:

what about campanion rework? I saw it happened and im very glad, however i couldn't follow any of the videos it was too complex xD
does it makes kubrow and kavats cooler? I hope so.

The most significant change, is that there is no longer any permanent death for companions. Sentinel types will enter a dormant state and repair after a set period, and Pets will revive after a certain set period. I think off memory the default is like 60 seconds, but certain mods, and other variables can shorten that timer. 

There are some other details. Like a bunch of new mods, with various interesting effects. There... are a lot of them, which videos did you watch? They may be too complex with their details, but I would recommend AznvasionsPlays and the Kengineer on Youtube for some really good builds/Companion set ups. 

There are some new Kavat and Kubrow comestics in the current Nightwave, which is still quite new, so you will probably be able to get them, even if you go at a slow pace. One will make your Kubrow look like Frost and the other will make it look like Ember (well their Deluxe skins anyway). 

'm very much a sucker for these factors like fashion frame, pets, immersion, good gameplay i don't mind much getting the best stats and S#&$ lol

there was one time where I had a speargun and warfan that were killing a lot of enemies but I didn't find it engaging as I put a combo stance to make it look good and it was unfortunately making the animation too fast, i was just spamming the same button to kill hordes of enemies but because of the fun and esthetics i took it off. is there anything about it that was presented in these last 3 years?

Nice! I am a bit similar. Warframe continued to add a lot of new Deluxe skins, cosmetics, accessories, etc. Oh, something new, is Voidshell skins. Several Warframe have skins, which let you change the textures on them. Not all of them have it, and most of them, the skin is closer to the default (so someone don't like that as they prefer Prime skins/Deluxe skins, but a lot of Warframes don't have Prime or Deluxe versions, and the Voidshell is great on them. 

War Fans also got a new Stance which is very good, (Votive Onslaught), so, some are quite strong. I think Gunsen Prime and another were added since 2020. Spearguns funnily enough, got a minor rework, but I heard... mixed results, apparently not all were fans. There is this one user that writes really detailed write ups on spearguns, and a few others who are far more knowledgable. There was a new Speargun that was added, Afentis but I personally do not like it. Oh, The Ferrox got a Tenet version though, that Speargun I do enjoy...  You might want to look into that. Since you can get it with more capacity, and an extra free element too. 

I saw that grimoire, people say it is not much efficient but I don't care it is A COOL ASS BOOK.

so i hope you can tell me more about these cool stuff

Same. I like it, and I can kill enemies on Steel Path with it decently well and easy, so... Still need some of the new Tome mods though. 

also why duviri doesn't allows you to play with warframes... i just wanted to zip around with wisp and k-drive...

Uhh. Thats a bit of a spoiler for the New War. There is a reason though. If you are still interested, I can write up a post using the spoiler format. 

what about the balance tweaks? I hope i can use the same mod sets I had used back in 2020, they were mainly focused towards attack speed, sprint speed, casting speed, and more energy.

You can probably still use them to decent effect. There is a lot more that you might want to acquire, if you want more options though and specifically more power. Like a lot of weapon Arcanes, even made mandatory mods like Serration and Hornet Strike, optional. Crazy right? There are new ways to regain or manage energy, Shards even have a category for increasing casting speed. Again, a lot of your old set ups should work alright, but if you want more power, and options, there is definitely more to collect as well. Galvanised Mods, Gun Arcanes, Helminth, Archon Shards. Oh, many Warframe augments got minor buffs too, and many were also added whilst you were away. Like if you like Wisp? She got one, where she will cast all three of her Motes at once, instead of one at a time. Oh and Operators got buffs as well, some of them, at default are as tanky as some Warframes. Like they have shields now too, plus you can get an extra Arcane slot for your amp... 

Let me know if you have more questions and a spoiler explanation on that topic above. Good day to you! 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

The most significant change, is that there is no longer any permanent death for companions. Sentinel types will enter a dormant state and repair after a set period, and Pets will revive after a certain set period. I think off memory the default is like 60 seconds, but certain mods, and other variables can shorten that timer. 

There are some other details. Like a bunch of new mods, with various interesting effects. There... are a lot of them, which videos did you watch? They may be too complex with their details, but I would recommend AznvasionsPlays and the Kengineer on Youtube for some really good builds/Companion set ups. 

There are some new Kavat and Kubrow comestics in the current Nightwave, which is still quite new, so you will probably be able to get them, even if you go at a slow pace. One will make your Kubrow look like Frost and the other will make it look like Ember (well their Deluxe skins anyway). 

Nice! I am a bit similar. Warframe continued to add a lot of new Deluxe skins, cosmetics, accessories, etc. Oh, something new, is Voidshell skins. Several Warframe have skins, which let you change the textures on them. Not all of them have it, and most of them, the skin is closer to the default (so someone don't like that as they prefer Prime skins/Deluxe skins, but a lot of Warframes don't have Prime or Deluxe versions, and the Voidshell is great on them. 

War Fans also got a new Stance which is very good, (Votive Onslaught), so, some are quite strong. I think Gunsen Prime and another were added since 2020. Spearguns funnily enough, got a minor rework, but I heard... mixed results, apparently not all were fans. There is this one user that writes really detailed write ups on spearguns, and a few others who are far more knowledgable. There was a new Speargun that was added, Afentis but I personally do not like it. Oh, The Ferrox got a Tenet version though, that Speargun I do enjoy...  You might want to look into that. Since you can get it with more capacity, and an extra free element too. 

Same. I like it, and I can kill enemies on Steel Path with it decently well and easy, so... Still need some of the new Tome mods though. 

Uhh. Thats a bit of a spoiler for the New War. There is a reason though. If you are still interested, I can write up a post using the spoiler format. 

You can probably still use them to decent effect. There is a lot more that you might want to acquire, if you want more options though and specifically more power. Like a lot of weapon Arcanes, even made mandatory mods like Serration and Hornet Strike, optional. Crazy right? There are new ways to regain or manage energy, Shards even have a category for increasing casting speed. Again, a lot of your old set ups should work alright, but if you want more power, and options, there is definitely more to collect as well. Galvanised Mods, Gun Arcanes, Helminth, Archon Shards. Oh, many Warframe augments got minor buffs too, and many were also added whilst you were away. Like if you like Wisp? She got one, where she will cast all three of her Motes at once, instead of one at a time. Oh and Operators got buffs as well, some of them, at default are as tanky as some Warframes. Like they have shields now too, plus you can get an extra Arcane slot for your amp... 

Let me know if you have more questions and a spoiler explanation on that topic above. Good day to you! 

thanks for answering these questions! there's something about hellminth I'd like to know.

does the warframe transfused abilities got buffed or nerfed? I was attempting to insert Ivara's quiver but it didn't have the arrow type that could let you hang on lines :')

wisp gameplay would be SOOO cool if it had that. do you know any other cool and amazing movement abilities I could transfer instead of this butchered Quiver? Please let me know :)

also glad the warfan got a new stance, can't wait to try it.

also anything in regards to animation and presentation? like the new finish screens and such.

i wish they would tweak the walking and running animations, it is SOO goofy lol that's why I prefer wisp because she isn't running like a dummy :P

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Trickster_Bae said:

thanks for answering these questions! there's something about hellminth I'd like to know.

does the warframe transfused abilities got buffed or nerfed? I was attempting to insert Ivara's quiver but it didn't have the arrow type that could let you hang on lines :')

Most are the same, some are nerfed or limited.  None are buffed, although there are some that work even better on other frames than on their original.

There's a list here you can reference, with alterations/limitations under "notes": https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Helminth?so=search#Subsumable_Abilities

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Trickster_Bae said:

do you know any other cool and amazing movement abilities I could transfer instead of this butchered Quiver?

The system's a little sparse on movement abilities.  Some with movement components are Wrathful Advance, Reave, Blood Altar, and Molt.

edit: There's also Infested Mobility, which is an innate Helminth ability rather than one you have to sacrifice a frame to get.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 2

On 2023-12-30 at 12:22 PM, (PSN)Trickster_Bae said:

the last memories I remember was playing heart of deimos when released, the deadlock protocol, and seeing the release of that fat warframe (grendel)

Ok so first and foremost I think you need to play New War

New War is about ten or eleven missions long and you literally cannot do ANYTHING else until it is completed. Even logging out will just put you back in the quest

You are required to use a Railjack and Necramech in the quest. You mentioned in another post you haven't used your Railjack, so let me give you some quick tips: if you are in a clan, go to your dojo, find the Railjack research panel in the dry dock, and buy some of the Sigma upgrades for your engines, guns, and most importantly the hull. This will get you some valuable damage and HP upgrades without grinding (unless your merged account won't be in a clan?). Also make sure your Necramech has a good weapon, if you can beat normal archwing missions you should be just fine

After the Railjack section is over, the rest of the quest has your weapons and mods fixed and the quest is balanced around that. If you can play other video games, you can beat the quest just fine

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

The system's a little sparse on movement abilities.  Some with movement components are Wrathful Advance, Reave, Blood Altar, and Molt.

there's Fire Walker from Nezha, it boosts status and speed. you think I could use it?

my whisp is fire themed, and has a lot of speed mods so it would be cool. :)
also that's a shame, movement abilities are so much cooler than the other ones, hope i can find some others that have something to bring to the table, like i dunno projectiles or something.

Just now, (PSN)Trickster_Bae said:

there's Fire Walker from Nezha, it boosts status and speed. you think I could use it?

Oh, good catch.  Fire Walker's speed boost is a nice perk, but it's not affected by strength.   I would try it on Nezha first to see if it's what you're looking for.

4 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Railjack

The general feel of the game (movement, gunplay, etc.)

The setting

The good optimization, which allowed me to play the game just fine on my old potato PC

The story

The community outside the forums

Well, it sucks that you like Railjack and nothing more is being done with it (as far as we know).

I wish it had been expanded on somehow... But not by adding more 'on foot' aspects. 🫤

• Like 1

Am 30.12.2023 um 22:13 schrieb o0Despair0o:

I came back a month ago or so, maybe two.

Far as I can tell, there's nothing that really changed. Some new frames and skin, most of which suck.

The enhanced graphics engine is now the standard, so if you're running a 2006 machine you're out of luck.

The new tileset they added to Deimos (quest related) is basically Zariman 2.0. And Zariman is, well... good idea, bad execution.

There's Archon Hunts now, similar to sorties but weekly. Those give you archon shards which are basically free buffs like permanent ability damage bonus, extra shields, casting speed, etc. depending on the shard.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Duviri.

Yeah Duviri sucks hard.

Dunno if you were around for New War, but if not, be sure to upgrade your Railjack first. Don't wanna end up like the other guy a few days ago who's now softlocked lol

The new frames suck? All the new frames are absolutely powerful, amazing and have a lot of synergies so that you will be hard pressed to put a Helminth ability on newer frames. Have you actually played them?

Zariman has a new tilesets, new gamemodes and I personally like that you have something to do (searching for stuff) while doing the mission instead of mindlessly killing for a couple of minutes. At the time when it was released, it was already one of my favorite content drops, only surpassed by Whisper expansion, which is THE best thing ever to come to Warframe.

I don't know, but for me personally it is great that they have a new engine. The new tilesets look gorgeous, the enemy design is intriguing and it plays amazingly. They also revamped melee with Tennokai which makes playing it feel really active and fun.

Duviri is something entirely new. A big chunk of world, with Operator gameplay (you can still recall your Warframe if it gets hairy). The roguelite gameplay can be very interesting and fun, because it makes every single weapon or Warframe a murdering machine without even modding them.

You also forget to complain about the best drop of QOL and balancing patch that has ever arrived in the  game.

If you hate on everything some people have created for a couple of years, I honestly would expect some arguments or explanation. If you feel like this, how about stop playing for a couple of weeks/months and come back with fresh energy? DE is relying on their players for revenue and for expanding the game further and I think your evaluation is very unfair. Especially because there are tons of youtube videos out there, praising the new content.

Reb and Pablo have led the game to a new era. Everything they did since Steve went to Soulframe was nothing short of fantastic.
You sound to me like a disgruntled, angry person who feels miserable in life and has not really played the game and thus should not criticise in such a harsh manner. It is ok to say it is not your cup of tea, don't get me wrong, but not like this.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb o0Despair0o:

Well excuse me for wanted something better than endless timegates and grindwalls.

And I never claimed the game was bad. I claimed that recent additions were bad. That's a difference.

God forbid I have my own opinion on things.

I don't understand you people. The "grindwalls" are actually you playing the game. If you get what you want, there is no specialy kind of area where you have completely different and super sophisticated gameplay that is completely different from the missions you play to get new gear. So if you don't like the grind, you obviously don't like the game, because it is 95% of it.

Here is what I do to keep it fresh:
- I have all Warframes fleshed out and equipped, ready for Steel Path. When I get bored with a frame, I pick a new one and this happens every 3 missions normally.
- I have a lot of weapons/companions, but I always try to find new ways to play, new weapons to kill with. New weapons and ways to play keep the game fresh and fun.
- Incarnon weapons and adapters are a very good reason to invest in some forma. They all are very exciting to play, because they require interaction and they are obliterating enemies even in Steel Path.
- Start helping people. It feels very good to help others with their equipment, missions and goals. You get to know new people. 
- Join a clan or an alliance! It is so much more fun to play with other people. You get to know whole communities.

Sometimes, yeah sometimes I feel burnt out from the game, but this is completely normal. But instead of blaming the devs, the game I know that this is just a cycle. I just leave, play something else and come back when I am interested again. From your postings I think it is time for you to accept that as well.

• Like 1

Am 31.12.2023 um 07:10 schrieb o0Despair0o:

Mostly the frames.

Kullervo is just plain ugly. The kit may be decent, but the appearance sure as heck ain't.

Voruna looks decent enough, I just wish the wolf skulls weren't so huge.

Citrine just looks like someone started the design from the feet and gave up by the time they got to her waist.

Those are the ones that come to mind when I say the newer frames suck.

In regards to their abilities, Voruna is pretty much the only one that seems even remotely interesting to me. Citrine certainly doesn't seem worth the grind to me, similar to how Protea wasn't worth the grind. Kullervo just seems like he'd be unfun to play. Land a hit or take damage, why would I play a frame that constantly has a risk of killing itself?

As for skins... well I only checked out the beetle skin for Rhino. I'd buy it if the head didn't look so goofy.

Obviously it's all down to personal preference, but this is mine.

Ok, a 3rd comment about you:
Protea, Citrine, Kullervo are among the strongest and most interesting frames in the game. Please contact me so that I can show you the light ;)

• Like 1

On 2023-12-30 at 3:59 PM, (PSN)Trickster_Bae said:

railjack is the biggest, most epic fumble DE had ever done, how could you make something like railjack be just another island content and let it gather dust after giving up on it, neither other stuff that was much older weren't this abandoned... geez.

well i'm glad the game is still up and strong, something like that would definitely just shut the game down...

and duviri paradox actually looks more promising and unique than it, I hope duviri paradox is what railjack was supposed to be.

I would say play it for yourself and don't go off of what others opinions of the content are. Everyone has their own preferences and you may very well love what others don't.

My opinion of Railjack, for example, is that it is absolutely insane fun and each chapter of its releases fit the progress of the game. Some may disagree but that's how viewpoints go. So, enjoy for yourself and please dismiss our thoughts. We may ruin the experience.