The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would a color Palette like this be possible DE ??

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

Fashion Frame blah blah blah..... but what happens when you want to use a weapon that you use on a pink Warframe on a green Warframe??  The weapon is the wrong color.   Sure the weapon has 3 color LO slots but nobody wants to go into their arsenal just to swap the colors and maybe the frame you want to use the weapon on isn't even one of your color LO slots.....soooooo......

Would it be possible to make a special color palette.  It would only have 6 options.

• copy frame primary
  • copy frame secondary
  • copy frame tertiary
  • copy frame accent
  • copy frame ..uhhh you all know what I'm talking about lol.  cant think of word.  
  • copy frame energy

Now we could color our weapons like we want,  white, black, grey, gold whatever and then where we use color to match our frame we could use those new color options to pull colors from whatever frame it is attached to so that it always matches.  

My red frame would always have a weapon with red trim on it no matter who I normally use it on.   And/Or the bullets/energy would be red.   

I don't think this would interfere with color LO slots either, as people would still want different base colors on stuff like I said.  Mostly black, white, grey, gold whatever.    I'm not sure if you can buy slots for your color configs actually?   Even if you could DE is still going to probably make more money off selling this new color palette that is far more useful and appealing.  

===================

TL/DR new color palette to allow weapons to match any frame they are used on.  

I am pretty sure 95% of people would buy and use this within the 1st week it drops lol.  I know I would.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Nimisha_Prime said:

This exists already... under the appearance tab where you do all the colors, there is a button labled "Copy warframe colors"

https://imgur.com/2GXlYlk

This would be like applying those options to the slots on a weapon so that its automatic.   That way involves going in and changing the colors every time you move the weapon which is not realistic or convenient.   

On 2023-12-31 at 6:06 AM, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

hmm or like a "always copy frame colours" checkbox or something?

Yes but a simple checkbox wont work.  there's 5 different slots for colors and everyone doesn't use the same slots to match their frames.

• Like 1

Neat idea.  I like it better than the simple "always copy frame colors" setting proposals I've seen since it's so much more customisable.

A lot of people probably would prefer simplicity of the setting, but we could get both.

• Like 1