The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need an URGENT rework of trading system

NorthernDarkIceSoul

21 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

My proposal, have an in-game auction house which only requires you to be online, DE doesn't want us to be able to trade while not playing, whatever, then at least let me play, we still need 2FA and all that.

We still shouldn't have to be taxed on plat we earned or bought. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

I DO have sympathy for people who cannot devote hours to sit in trade chat watching for the items they want to buy/sell, only to be forced into haggling and waiting for missions to finish and meeting up in dojos and bugs and junk, or only have limited time to play, and aren't online when the people offering/buying their items are around.

People can still just buy stuff from the market console. Yes it may cost more plat, but they're saving time that way. Maybe they've spent more time at work and can trade that time into buying stuff they want to use. But it all comes back to "If you don't have time to play the game, then you don't have time to play the game".

Note that I do not choose to spend my time sitting in trade chat and rarely sell items. I also only use wf.merket for reference. Occasionally if I see someone wanting something that's less common where I have extras I might check market to see the current going rate and then offer to sell at just below the average. That way it's a little bit of a deal, but still barely worth it for someone who's playing the market.

Trading similar items so everyone gets something they need is what I aim for most of the time though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yeah, not sure why trade tax exists, I mean, untradeable plat is there so people don't just make alt accounts to trade with themselves, I assume they don't want new players getting too many "powerful" stuff but then again, most of that stuff is locked behins MR, I just don't get it.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yeah, not sure why trade tax exists, I mean, untradeable plat is there so people don't just make alt accounts to trade with themselves, I assume they don't want new players getting too many "powerful" stuff but then again, most of that stuff is locked behins MR, I just don't get it.

21 hours ago, ECCHOSIERRA said:

"Peer to peer" games cannot be said that they are not peer to peer and anyone who says they are, lacks intelligence, just because some aspect of the game involves servers. 

Warframe is honestly, genuinely, not peer-to-peer; there is a specific technical meaning to that which doesn’t apply here.

But that fact is also mostly irrelevant to the conversation at hand; the issues involved with trading in a true peer-to-peer system (which Warframe isn’t) have a ton of overlap with those in a client-server system where the server involved cannot be implicitly trusted as a source of authority (which is the situation with Warframe when you aren’t in a relay or dojo).

So, don’t let the thread get sidetracked into a debate about terminology when it doesn’t really matter here.

Where the difference does matter is that a true peer-to-peer system has no servers, Warframe already currently has some which can be trusted as authoritative: the relay and dojo servers. Hence, presumably, why the trading system is currently based around those.

Anyway. Echo is right that offline markets or auction houses often turn into a race of undercutting; you only need to look at various MMOs where people even run bots that will find the lowest price and undercut that by exactly 1 of whatever the currency is. Moreover, it does make it way easier for folks to have “gold seller” type bots, since you can amass a bunch of stuff onto one account and have it selling while offline. Presumably that’s part of why DE has so firmly said they’re against any sort of offline trading.

The current trading situation is not always terribly convenient, but I think anything that relies on offline trading is something that’s never gonna fly with DE given their stated stance on that. That’s why if we want to talk about ways to improve trading—and have a chance of DE taking the feedback, anyway—I do think we’ll have a better chance if we focus on how to improve the existing experience.

(Hence my earlier hypothetical improvement, with a searchable marketboard for online sellers and an easier way to group up for trading.)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yeah, you're right. Noticed it in one of the others where this little pant stain decided to 'nuh uh' a discussion as 'it's just laziness by the devs' after another person gave a reasoned and well-argued point about the topic. And doubled-down.

Blocking that waste of space.

On 2024-01-07 at 2:26 AM, LuckyNecro said:

He is trolling in every discussion he is involved too. So don't get triggerd from him, best is to igrnore a troll.

Only to people who don't agree with his "Grand Ideas" as I have noticed. This topic, the Umbra topic, etc.

I did tell you before Bird, Ignore and move on.

(But you didn't listen to me 😞)

• Like 1

Trade tax is controlled by clan 

and was originally added as a optional way to collect revenue for funding dark sector rail conflicts 

with those removed though and no update on If they will return

taxes serve no real purpose other than perhaps funding dojo construction 

and as others said 

you can use trade chat 

and can trade at various place 

like the bazaar 

trade is fine as is 

Edited by Ersedu

not reading 6 pages but I agree with OP sentiment face to face trading sucks big time! I loathe having to sell items this way!

when I wanted to buy I can count tens of times where I message someone for thing, they have thing and the price I want, I am not even trying to haggle I just want a quick easy painless transaction, tenno "in mission, can message once I am done ?"  ok.jpg then proceeds to complete mission logging out without ever getting back to me!

TLDR it doesn't need to be auction houses but something as simple as COD mail system would be leagues better than the current garbage players are expected todo!

7 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

(But you didn't listen to me 😞)

It's alright, Psi. I listen to you, and respect you, possibly even have a little crush on you... I just have to push at least one more time after I should stop.

It's part of my endearing charm, don'tchaknow?

On 2024-01-08 at 11:37 AM, Ersedu said:

Trading is the way it is to prevent trade scamming 

yea but negative pl is just fine for people who reverses credit card buyings for pl, right? making the guy who they traded get banned bc the -1 pl. /s

17 minutes ago, Strikerays said:

yea but negative pl is just fine for people who reverses credit card buyings for pl, right? making the guy who they traded get banned bc the -1 pl. /s

It’s not perfect and was originally meant to prevent people trading for a item and then not paying for said item or trading what was agreed 

had that happen one time years ago where I traded a item and was supposed to get plat for it but they swapped a brown mod in last second and took off with the item to resell it 

The trading system could use some expansion and rework I agree on that but it works as is for now 

negative platinum aside which is  likely why heirlooms were not buyable with plat it would cause problems 

it’s also important to be careful who you trade with to avoid negative platinum 

Edited by Ersedu

1 hour ago, Strikerays said:

I guarantee you the chances of this happening are slim. 

Maybe tell your friends to stop making large sketchy riven transactions. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Also easily avoidable with some simple common sense steps... like not immediately spending a large sum of platinum you just received in a trade, letting it sit and 'clear' (not unlike waiting for a check to clear or bounce).

Or doing a quick check on the user who's trading with you, making sure they're not a fresh account, extremely low mastery or lacking the equipment necessary to use certain rivens.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

have u ever gone to the support forum? 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yeah, why do we even bother in doing trades or farm stuff to get some pl to progress on other stuff? why do we even play? /s

i see two things here on this thread and it is entirely my opinion:

1. The people who do not want the system to change seems to stay in their comfort zone because they are "richs" who spend HOURS in game and can sell super high overpriced stuff (yeah, and don't call the topic "you put the price" crap... don't come with that bs here please; you know that's not true) abusing from newbies to get their money platinum.

2. Also the people who wants the system to stay the same they are just the people in this forum... seriously, go play the game and try TO PLAY when u need a slot and have to stay hours in a chat just to get one single trade; bc yeah, buying is easy, go to the 3rd party page and it is done but then try to sell then the game becomes a second job.

note aside: nobody will talk about the dependency of a 3rd party site to handle the ingame economy stuff?

Edited by Strikerays

12 minutes ago, StrawberrySparrow said:

I would like it if there was an in-game auction house of some kind. And maybe some way to directly send trade offers to people's inbox? I think that would be nice, but I can't imagine the logistics of it behind the scenes.

shhh! you just mentioned an auction house therefore your comment and every future comment you do in this thread will be classified as dumb/noob/unappropiated and highly unbalanced for the game that people barely plays in this forum :nerd:. /s 

Would an auction house or market board be nice?  Yep!  It would increase liquidity and access to goods for the majority of players.

Do I expected DE to implement this?  Absolutely not.  Not only would it cost DE resources to engineer and maintain such a system, but the system's existence would probably have the effect of reducing platinum purchases to some extent.  Higher liquidity and greater access to markets would likely result in more competition for sellers and thus lower prices.  Lower prices means that 100 platinum can get you more value from player trades than it used to, and this has two ramifications:

• players need less platinum to get the things they want from players
  • players can get an increased amount of value from players relative to the value gained if they spent that same amount of platinum on goods in the official market

While non-earnable goods in the official market like skins would likely add some stability to the value of platinum, player exchanges of platinum for goods at lower prices would likely result in a lowered frequency of players feeling like they should purchase more platinum, and that affects the game's bottom line.

To be clear, I don't want to frame this as greed: as a free-to-play game, DE needs to sell things like platinum to stay profitable and continue paying their staff and developing further content.  It's simply an unfortunate reality that the current platinum and trade systems means that increased liquidity and access to trading would have a negative effect on DE's ability to run a profitable business*.

*at least, presuming I didn't make any errors in my analysis.  If you feel like I did, please kindly let me know!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

snip

I agree overall. The greatest issue I think they have with it, is the development and maintenance cost associated with such a feature.

However, I don't think it's the bottom line so much... I obviously don't have access to the actual numbers of conversion rates from totally F2P to people who choose to make a purchase, and then where that bought plat goes... nobody except DE has that sort of information. Now, as a primarily F2P player, who HAS spent small amounts of money on the game, it wasn't anything to do with the player market, it was because I wanted to get the unique playstation bundle cosmetics and booster packs... the plat was always an afterthought. I would never ever ever consider buying a plat only bundle, even at a discount. Plat itself doesn't have enough value to me, as a person.

I may not be representative of the majority of F2P people out there, or I could be... Just putting my side out there.

Currently, trade just doesn't exist in my world.

• Like 1