The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's talk about Loid. No, not the cute floating one.

Everything and everyone in this game has incredible design, in my opinion  Even the frames that most people think are ugly look cool to me.

So, what happened with this guy Loid in the new update? He looks like a badly-customized operator! Did a new player design him?

No offense to whoever *actually* designed Loid, I guess they can't all be bangers.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

I kinda wanted his glasses for my own operator. 👀

That's fair, but pairing it with the squinty eyes and the weird-looking whiskers is just hard to look at. The glasses are cool, though 🙂

Edited by RelentlessMutation

In fairness, Loid is a normal human, dressed in what we can assume are the fashions of the time for non-orokin, which we can also reasonably assume is similar to the ones the Operators would wear if/whenever they had the choice, so it does actually make sense that he looks very much like an Operator does. There's not really that much more you can boost his drip.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

In fairness, Loid is a normal human, dressed in what we can assume are the fashions of the time for non-orokin, which we can also reasonably assume is similar to the ones the Operators would wear if/whenever they had the choice, so it does actually make sense that he looks very much like an Operator does. There's not really that much more you can boost his drip.

Don't forget the fact that he used the Ekhein and uses a Zylok Prime, the latter having him take up arms against the Murmur during the Sanctum attack. Not as much drip as Albrecht 1999, but he's got the balls to face the Indifference if needed.

• Like 5

I don't see any problems with Loids design.  He looks like an individual from a science-fiction time we're not from.

Do I personally want to look like Loid?  No, that's not my style.  But I'm glad that someone looks like that, because that adds variety and flavor to the universe.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Don't forget the fact that he used the Ekhein and uses a Zylok Prime, the latter having him take up arms against the Murmur during the Sanctum attack. Not as much drip as Albrecht 1999, but he's got the balls to face the Indifference if needed.

The man sees an elder deity and what can be described as a demigod piloting a slow-release nuclear warhead that can block full-auto weapons fire squaring up and he says "all righty. I'm gonna weigh in on that fight."

Man has OSMIUM SPHERES.

• Like 3

Considering him and Albrecht look the most human out of ALL the NPCs Ive seen in the game Im getting a theyre both FROM 1999 instead of current time vibes. Like they fled to here hoping to find a way to stop the infestation in their time or something maybe? And thats why Albrecht went back but when he did maybe that coffin-like machine was considered a "void-jump"  like the ten zero and in the void he was offered a choice like us to what seems like ally with what I would call the "Corrupted Tenno" and he accepted the deal which I was assuming he was offered the power to stop the infestation or the war or just "everything bad in the universe" whereas we "ran from the so-called deal" and retained control of our choices and apparently our body from what Albrecht seems to have become.

I.... disagree? I think he's cool.

In - game model even more than the concept art. which can be found here:

Liger-inuzuka-1-wtrmrk.jpg

The artist who made the concept art is Liger-inuzuka. They made quite a few Warframe designs as well.

• Like 5

I do feel there was minimum effort taken for his design overall.

He uses a generic drifter/operator skeleton with pretty much the same customisation options.

I don't know if DE will ever release those cosmetics but I have a feeling we can create a 1:1 replica of him purely using our operator customisation if we do.

I feel DE has been going further and further away from unique character designs with every update. And while that's not necessarily a bad thing i just don't find it interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WERElektro said:

The artist who made the concept art is Liger-inuzuka. They made quite a few Warframe designs as well.

If only the in game version looked like this. His bare, shaved chest we all have to look at bothers me. Button your shirt up man.

I like it just because he's the most "normal" person we've personally dealt with. He's not a Sentient, some ideology driven Syndicate head, a ridiculously short Ostron, a half-Infested Orokin, yet another Cephalon, nor is he a refrigerator chest.

And that's saying something for the lover of the most influential Orokin ever who was put in stasis for who knows how long and now has to deal with the void-touched trauma child and a menagerie of traumatized talking animals.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

If only the in game version looked like this. His bare, shaved chest we all have to look at bothers me. Button your shirt up man.

I lol'd.

It's all good tho. Lotus says it's okay to show some skin:

Warframe_Lotus_.0.jpg

No seriously - I have yet to see someone complain about that?

"Put some clothes on, Lotus. Ain't nobody wants to see that" /s... just in case

• Like 5

4 hours ago, RelentlessMutation said:

Everything and everyone in this game has incredible design, in my opinion  Even the frames that most people think are ugly look cool to me.

So, what happened with this guy Loid in the new update? He looks like a badly-customized operator! Did a new player design him?

No offense to whoever *actually* designed Loid, I guess they can't all be bangers.

How dare you, the guy clearly spent a lot of time and conditioner on his hair!

Bear in mind that while Loid does think rather highly of himself, he is still human, not a "true" Orokin. He is a servant, and assistant, and his appearance reflects this by being pretty mudane; not a lot of fancy gold bits on his outfit, and neutrally coloured. He lacks the usual Orokin traits of blue skin and an elongated arm, but he still must've undergone some kind of lifespan enhancing process, as he's implied to have been with Albrecht for a LONG time, but never underwent Continuity, as he wouldn't be permitted to do that.

Either way i think he looks fine, it's just his sass that needs to be curbed a little..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WERElektro said:

I lol'd.

It's all good tho. Lotus says it's okay to show some skin:

Warframe_Lotus_.0.jpg

No seriously - I have yet to see someone complain about that?

"Put some clothes on, Lotus. Ain't nobody wants to see that" /s... just in case

That's very fair to point that out. 

On 2024-01-02 at 1:47 AM, WERElektro said:

I think he looks cool, too.

I'm getting Ansem from Kingdom Hearts vibes from his concept art there.

Loid is one of the most normal looking humans in the game which makes his design stick out in a weird way that makes him look out of place to me. I look at him and I think "that's just a guy". Albrecht is kind of the same but you don't get to stand next to him with your opulently customized murder surrogate so I don't feel it as much, he's a bit abstracted by not being anywhere near the player.

• Like 1