The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overabundance of Kitgun rivens from Palladino

GOEATSOMEFUSHM8

This is more a general question for everyone. Am I the only one that seems to receive more Kitgun/zaw rivens from Palladino? I've had at least 4 kitgun rivens in the past 5 weeks and a few zaw rivens thrown in too.
Out of the 6 riven types available are they all balanced equally or biased towards certain types a bit like sortie riven rewards are with higher chance to get melee rivens than shotgun rivens.
Can we not just choose what riven type we want? If I wanted a Lex riven for example I'd select pistol rivens but would still have a 1/135 chance or 0.74% to even get a Lex riven; this is down from 1/518 or 0.19%. 

• Like 10

Keep hoarding them. There will eventually be a new meta kitgun that releases and the value will spike, or you will end up with a big enough pile someone will buy them in bulk.

As for actually using rivens... Rivens are a losing battle, and not even worth your time honestly.

RNG to get the riven under most circumstances

RNG for the base weapon architype it's for

RNG for the specific weapon it's for

Massive RNG on the stat roll generally resulting in a massive grind with zero pay off. 

You can blow through millions kuva and still not get a decent roll let alone the roll you were looking for, and all that kuva grinding was for nothing. Sure you can melt it down into endo, but now you're back at step one. I've put well over 500 rolls into one riven and still have not had the roll I was seeking show up. The riven system is a time sink that will very likely never pay off in the end.

• Like 1

I felt like I was getting more kitgun/zaw rivens than anything else, so I actually kept a tally for several months early last year, and... yeah, there were stretches where I got a lot, but also some where I got almost none. Turns out that the two together only accounted for around 37% of the rivens I got in that time. Which is actually not that bad if tallied by riven type... or at least not as bad as I had expected.

(Though given how few kitguns/zaws there are compared to melee/shotgun/rifle/pistol weapons, I feel like they should still probably be a lower percentage.)

I suspect I just wanted the others more, so every time I got a kitgun/zaw instead it felt disappointing and stood out more in the subjective feeling I had about the riven RNG.

(Of course, even running the numbers didn't change the fact that I still feel like I get too many kitgun/zaw rivens...)

12 hours ago, Sierra said:

Keep hoarding them. There will eventually be a new meta kitgun that releases and the value will spike, or you will end up with a big enough pile someone will buy them in bulk.

Is this eventually kitgun meta with us in the room

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Can you share the complete breakdown and how many samples?  

I'll see if I can find a copy of it somewhere, but unfortunately I suspect not; I stopped keeping the samples in June, and my computer ate its own tail over Thanksgiving so I had to do a complete reinstall of everything.

All my source code was in git or Perforce, and all my fiction writing was in Dropbox, so I didn't lose those. Because, y'know, data backups are great. But the random Excel sheet with a bunch of Palladino riven data was not something I consciously considered "this should go into backups," so...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can at least say that it was 17 calendar weeks but I missed visiting Palladino one week due to Life Happening, so it was 16 actual weeks of data. With two rivens per week, so 32 rivens total. The sample size is small enough that it's not super meaningful statistically -- it just satisfied "yeah, no, my brain is just unhappy with getting kitgun rivens so weighting that data more heavily in my mental average; I'm not actually getting more than half my Palladino rivens being kitguns or zaws" which was sufficient for me to stop.

I remember that it was about 37% specifically because I looked at that final number and thought "Oh, I guess that makes sense... five riven types. The three normal weapon slots, then the two modular weapon types. So if you did it by riven type, that'd be 20% each, so 40% is right about wh- wait a second Primary has two riven types."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When these types of rivens come I feel somewhat offended for having dedicated my time to the game.... these rivens should be banned from palladino which is endgame content! I ask DE to please remove these palladino rivens! It's not fair for a weekly thing to present us with something unwanted....

• Like 1