Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jawsword?what Make's It Good?

AgentAhPek

Question

22 answers to this question

What makes it worth using? It's sexiness. I mean just look at it.

But yeah, it's not all that special in terms of stats. Even the Cronus is probably better in terms of DPS. As far as I can tell from using it, the jump attack is very low damage even if it has a chance at making corpses explode, and I can't notice any difference in crits compared to other melee.

Still, I use it because it's so sexy.

What makes it worth using? It's sexiness. I mean just look at it.

But yeah, it's not all that special in terms of stats. Even the Cronus is probably better in terms of DPS. As far as I can tell from using it, the jump attack is very low damage even if it has a chance at making corpses explode, and I can't notice any difference in crits compared to other melee.

Still, I use it because it's so sexy.

It's not the appearence but it's the stats, I don't like how the radiator on a stick looks but I use it because it's strong...

So I've just crafted mine, in terms of looks its pretty good. Any of you jaw sword users have anymore to say on it?

Reading the wiki, seeing that it has a polarity and a supposed stagger on every hit I'm pretty tempted to finally have me a full on pure slashing sword.

It means to upgrade your weapon with an orokin catalyst, which allows you to upgrade its stats even further past rank 15.

you got that wrong.

weapons have 0-30 ranks which give you 0-30 mod points.

if you supercharge a weapon you get double the mod points. so 0-60 depending on the rank of the weapon (max 30 ofc)

It means to upgrade your weapon with an orokin catalyst, which allows you to upgrade its stats even further past rank 15.

This is pre-update 7 mechanics.  The mod system has changed drastically.

Let me repeat to the OP -- this is outdated information.  Currently adding an orokin catalyst to a weapon doubles the amount of Mod Capacity the weapon has.

you got that wrong.

weapons have 0-30 ranks which give you 0-30 mod points.

if you supercharge a weapon you get double the mod points. so 0-60 depending on the rank of the weapon (max 30 ofc)

This is pre-update 7 mechanics.  The mod system has changed drastically.

Let me repeat to the OP -- this is outdated information.  Currently adding an orokin catalyst to a weapon doubles the amount of Mod Capacity the weapon has.

Allow me to direct you two to the date at which I made that post.

Now allow me to tell you that Update 7 went live on March 18th.

Should've made note of my responsibility in this deed of necromancy.

Ranked my jaw sword up to rank 10 for now, having a stagger on every attack with a maxed fury isn't half bad. The polarity with fury is neat too. Not sure how viable it is later on though, just tired of having nearly every weapon other than dual ethers being charged spammed!

Don't suppose anyone went as far as to supercharge it?

Edited by fuiseh

Should've made note of my responsibility in this deed of necromancy.

Ranked my jaw sword up to rank 10 for now, having a stagger on every attack with a maxed fury isn't half bad. The polarity with fury is neat too. Not sure how viable it is later on though, just tired of having nearly every weapon other than dual ethers being charged spammed!

Don't suppose anyone went as far as to superchage it?

I didn't supercharge it because I didn't have an orokin reactor at that time but I manage to get it to level 30.