The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation in the Netracell decreases spawns of enemies?

Aazhyd

Question

I did a Netracell mission with 4 players and at some point the amount of enemies was really low. Like every now and then a few were spawning. This slows down the mission considerably.

One player said this is due to using radiation. Is that true?

With 4 players, this is a drawback. But I could imagine going solo that it actually helps you survive easier. Thought?

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Aazhyd said:

I did a Netracell mission with 4 players and at some point the amount of enemies was really low. Like every now and then a few were spawning. This slows down the mission considerably.

One player said this is due to using radiation. Is that true?

With 4 players, this is a drawback. But I could imagine going solo that it actually helps you survive easier. Thought?

Was it a console host? I've heard they have fewer enemies spawn in, but I've never noticed it though personally, Radiation would just force them to fight each other while you go about killing them.

I use weapons modded with radiation and regularly run the netracells both solo and in groups. 

The idea that it effects spawns is, as far as I can tell, false. 

Probably confirmation bias. 

What WILL effect spawns is if one person is off on their own or everyone is split up. As enemy spawns will be split between players. 

The only way radiation can effect spawns, is that radiation makes enemies attack each other. It is conceivable that a radiation procc'd enemy may run off to fight enemies in another area. But I have personally never seen them ever run that far looking for enemies to fight. If there are none around they still attack you. 

This is of course, console bugs no withstanding. 

I'm unclear on the exact mechanics of Netracells.  Do enemies that spawn in the marked area but killed after wandering outside it not count toward lowering the security level?

If so, I guess I can imagine wide area rad procs having some  effect on that process, and certainly on kpm generally.  But directly affecting spawn rate strikes me as player superstition until somebody comes up with a fuller explanation.

edit: Yeah, looks like enemies that wander outside the marked area don't count.

Edited by Tiltskillet

Yes, it was someone with a radiation ability. It's possible that enemies outside the circle started attacking and killing each other. After the guy stopped using that ability, we got more enemies. So it's probably that.

Anyway, Netracell is supposed to be hard. I did my first 5 runs today (never bothered before) and they were quite easy. Is that just me? I'm running Nezha with a Phenmor maxed.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb NineChameleon:

I use weapons modded with radiation and regularly run the netracells both solo and in groups. 

The idea that it effects spawns is, as far as I can tell, false. 

Probably confirmation bias. 

What WILL effect spawns is if one person is off on their own or everyone is split up. As enemy spawns will be split between players. 

The only way radiation can effect spawns, is that radiation makes enemies attack each other. It is conceivable that a radiation procc'd enemy may run off to fight enemies in another area. But I have personally never seen them ever run that far looking for enemies to fight. If there are none around they still attack you. 

This is of course, console bugs no withstanding. 

This.

21 hours ago, NineChameleon said:

This.  Any control affects can cause issues like this.   Stuns/holds etc.   

If your a hydroid make sure your tentacle aoe is small so you don't prevent enemies from entering zone.   

----------------------

Hopefully the only reason people are not in zone is because they are off trying to kill necramite.   I always go after Mite,  uhh  I cant really speak to how it affects spawns.    I know if Mites are close I can drag stuff with me lol because sometimes its extremely hard to see them through the crowd.   But mite hunters should not be killing stuff.      If stuff is spawning on a Mite hunter I blame the people back in the zone killing stuff even though they should just be waiting since the kills don't count....