The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron Wake ?

Silhyth

To-Iron-Wake-from-Encampment.pngDE can we please merge Iron Wake and the tenno Encampment together? Seems redundant to have two minor locations with little to do in them on the map. Plus it would make it feel less lonely and provide interactions between Kahl, Steel Meridian, and a member of the Red Veil. 

Idea, if you aren't on good terms with Steel Meridian or Red Veil they can be further back on the map and talk about plots against the operator. 

Steel Meridian, " Do you think she sleeps? "

Red Veil , " We will attack in the sanctuary of shadows" 

Edited by Silhyth
added image
  • Like 5

Drifter encampment serves as alternative to orbiter, iron wake is a specialized relay. Those are not in fact "two minor locations with little to do in them". And as someone whom actively uses drifter encampment instead of orbiter, I would prefer to not have arbitrary syndicates camping in there. Either ones I am in good standing with, or all, or none.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

Drifter encampment serves as alternative to orbiter, iron wake is a specialized relay. Those are not in fact "two minor locations with little to do in them". And as someone whom actively uses drifter encampment instead of orbiter, I would prefer to not have arbitrary syndicates camping in there. Either ones I am in good standing with, or all, or none.

Drifter Encampment really doesn't have much going on except Kahl, you don't have to deal with the iron wake if its merged if you just stay in the orbiter. It would be off in the distance anyway 

What does Iron Wake have to offer? You can get broken mods that are over all easy to obtain to begin with especially considering you don't get Iron Wake till the Chains of Harrow quest, Steel Meridian which you can see in any relay, and Palladino has like three things she can sell Riven mods, some credit pack and that ornament you get from the Chains of Harrow quest. Having a separate location for it hardly makes sense. Consolidate it, they're not good enough on their own

Take my "Yes".

It would open new possibilities to... just go and give these areas a little rework - including the relays. Just mash all that stuff together.

4 hours ago, Silhyth said:

dea, if you aren't on good terms with Steel Meridian or Red Veil they can be further back on the map and talk about plots against the operator. 

Yeah that's be really cool.

And give all the NPCs some new lines - just like how Ordis got some new lines.

• Like 1

IMO the place was a waste of Dev resources: it's not like it's ever going to become a metropolis holding all of the Syndicates and features of the relays, or be full of fun side activities, it's literally just the place you go to for buying Rivens, Credits and Kuva with Riven Shards, which drop plentifully on Steel path. I just find it tragic how DE makes all of these new hub spaces, yet the second floor of the relay has been there forever and isn't even accessible beyond Darvo's shop and Simaris' room.

• Like 2

A lot of the game could use more transition interaction.

They tried to do it with Dormizone, Duviri and Zaramin but it's not quite there.

I recall they wanted to do a lot of this with Railjack but obviously didn't happen.

• Like 2

Not against the idea, but since I have zero desire to visit Drifter's Camp, this wouldn't make any difference to me personally.  I'd prefer it if Palladino or a rep showed up in the relays, in either the Meridian or Veil alcoves. 

Which makes a ton of sense to me, and is probably even more unlikely to actually happen. :/

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Elenortirie said:

Drifter encampment serves as alternative to orbiter, iron wake is a specialized relay. Those are not in fact "two minor locations with little to do in them".

More to the point, I feel like you'd either need to make Iron Wake a player-specific instance (a'la Drifter camp, orbiter, Dormizone, etc.) instead of a relay hub under the hood, or you'd need to make the Drifter camp a relay where we all shared an instance (which, yikes). Neither option seems ideal to me here, though if you had to pick one I'd definitely go with the first.

And sure, you could have a boundary where when you crossed it you got the standard lander-in-space-where-you-can-wibble-wobble-it loading screen and were then loaded into the Iron Wake psuedo-relay... but at that point, why bother having it actually attached to the Drifter camp in the first place?

Now, you could absolutely have Iron Wake visible in the distance from high vantage points in the Drifter camp; that could be neat, yeah.

But combining them? Nah, that seems like a bad idea to me on several levels.

Edited by Packetdancer
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Packetdancer said:

More to the point, I feel like you'd either need to make Iron Wake a player-specific instance (a'la Drifter camp, orbiter, Dormizone, etc.) instead of a relay hub under the hood, or you'd need to make the Drifter camp a relay where we all shared an instance (which, yikes). Neither option seems ideal to me here, though if you had to pick one I'd definitely go with the first.

And sure, you could have a boundary where when you crossed it you got the standard lander-in-space-where-you-can-wibble-wobble-it loading screen and were then loaded into the Iron Wake psuedo-relay... but at that point, why bother having it actually attached to the Drifter camp in the first place?

Now, you could absolutely have Iron Wake visible in the distance from high vantage points in the Drifter camp; that could be neat, yeah.

But combining them? Nah, that seems like a bad idea to me on several levels.

Honestly you bring up something I didn't even think about and in my perspective it would just be a player instance, I wouldn't want a bunch of other players in my encampment either that would be a jumbled mess and I'm not sure how DE would manage to do that.  Regardless of your syndicate affiliations you still interact with Palladino because you need to do Chains of Harrow to get to the other significant quests.

The idea would be a long stretch of road from the spot in the screenshot leading to Iron Wake so its not as intrusive on other players immersion. It would be fine for me because I'm allied with Red Veil and Steel Meridian but I get it folks don't want to interact with those factions but DE seems to want you to engage with them because of all the quests based around the syndicates. New Loka, Cephalon Suda, Red Veil, Perrin Sequence, etc. 

I think it would be an opportunity to tie things in

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Not against the idea, but since I have zero desire to visit Drifter's Camp, this wouldn't make any difference to me personally.  I'd prefer it if Palladino or a rep showed up in the relays, in either the Meridian or Veil alcoves. 

Which makes a ton of sense to me, and is probably even more unlikely to actually happen. :/

I think it would be awesome if Palladino was a Red Veil reward and could have her on my side for Railjack missions 

I feel you, boss fights rework have been in the talks for years and nothing really became of it like The Sergeant in Phobos or Phorid

Its unlikely it will ever change. 

5 minutes ago, Silhyth said:

The idea would be a long stretch of road from the spot in the screenshot leading to Iron Wake so its not as intrusive on other players immersion.

While I don't think there's much reason Iron Wake needs to be a relay instance, I also don't imagine they're going to just change it to a single-player one tied to the Drifter Camp (especially as you need access to it before the Drifter camp is a thing, for Chains of Harrow). And if you're still moving into a shared Iron Wake instance, you will need a loading boundary; I don't know if Warframe in its current form has level streaming functionality -- it might have a basic form, given the Undercroft tiles -- but even if it has level-streaming within an instance, I'm borderline certain it doesn't have the ability to seamlessly move from a player-specific instance to a relay without unloading one to load the other.

At which point, I fail to see the reason there needs to be a road anyway; fundamentally it would be no different than being at the Drifter camp, hitting Escape, Navigation, and then picking Iron Wake.

I mean, if you want a pathway where you walk down it and then get the loading screen, so it's just a faster way to pick Iron Wake... sure, I guess?

1 minute ago, Silhyth said:

I feel you, boss fights rework have been in the talks for years and nothing really became of it like The Sergeant in Phobos or Phorid

Its unlikely it will ever change. 

I still think those will happen some day.  I mean, DE only  just released the Jackal rework...at least if we look at it in terms of geological time scales. :P

The reason I don't think  area/vendor consolidations are likely though, is that I suspect DE likes all these transitions eating up small chunks of our time.  Or at least they don't dislike them enough to feel incentivized to fix them when there are a thousand other projects to work on.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I still think those will happen some day.  I mean, DE only  just released the Jackal rework...at least if we look at it in terms of geological time scales. :P

The reason I don't think  area/vendor consolidations are likely though, is that I suspect DE likes all these transitions eating up small chunks of our time.  Or at least they don't dislike them enough to feel incentivized to fix them when there are a thousand other projects to work on.

DE must be sadists in some regards like the Jordas Precept I have to get the Pherliac pods blueprint then farm for components to forge Pherliac Pods takes 8 hours to build it then I put it in my gear, deploy it in the mission then Jordas says this isn't good enough you need Potent Pherliac Pods. Needs 3 Argon Crystals and also takes 8 hours to build. Just cleared the active quest and haven't returned to it since. Stuff like that makes no sense to me.

I agree they god so many other projects going on often these type of things get lost in the mix. Big hope but I wish they would slow down on pumping out new warframes and focus on creating interesting enemies and locations. Bring quests up to the quality of the newest releases etc etc. You know what I mean?

9 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

- vay hek targets iron wake. Steel Meridian + Palladino flee to nearby relay. Datareaper's (god rest his soul) memorial salvaged, along with the ghoul defector, popcorn & clem's fort.

- Iron Wake destroyed. Everyone moves to Steel Meridian room, which undergoes renovation for enlargement.

- Palladino alternates between being in Steel Meridian room and red veil room. Much like clem alternates being in darvo's room and Steel Meridian room.

- Iron Wake servers shut down.

Thank you Vey Hek.

• Like 2

On 2024-01-04 at 1:20 AM, Silhyth said:

Regardless of your syndicate affiliations you still interact with Palladino because you need to do Chains of Harrow to get to the other significant quests.

I do not mind interacting with syndicate members belonging to syndicates I am not in terms with.

I'd only accept them into my drifter camp, if it means having ALL the syndicate representatives in there, or if I was the one choosing which ones I get or not.

On 2024-01-03 at 11:24 AM, Silhyth said:

Drifter Encampment really doesn't have much going on except Kahl,

it has all the same things orbiter has, and kahl. Also it looks nice which is why I personally prefer it over orbiter.

you don't have to deal with the iron wake if its merged if you just stay in the orbiter

ah right, you don't have to deal with orbiter alternative being borked by attempt of merging it with a relay if you just don't use orbiter alternative in the first place, genius!

What does Iron Wake have to offer?

It is a relay that hosts the npc for trading riven slivers for full rivens. Which no other relay does. It is also unique in a way it is only relay we have that is on the planet instead of being a space station in orbit.

Having a separate location for it hardly makes sense. Consolidate it, they're not good enough on their own

If you want to "consolidate" and merge iron wake into anything, it would be be merging it into other relays (or make it into a proper relay itself).

Drifter Encampment is very much good enough on it's own for what it is - it is optional alternative for orbiter. Anything ontop of that is just a bonus. While at it I do think that it would be nice if we got even more orbiter alternatives.

On 2024-01-04 at 1:28 AM, Silhyth said:

I feel you, boss fights rework have been in the talks for years and nothing really became of it like The Sergeant

This is a moment where I allow myself for yearly reminger That rework of Sergeant Nef Anyo boss, took own as it's own separate entity leaving the old boss a "The Sergeant" :)

I wish they would just merge every locations together and IDGAF about narrative or some cr@p. I don't want to transit between 100 different places just to buy stuff and do whatever thing there is to do. Just in the latest update we get yet another separate hub just to grind for a specific faction and be abandoned after the grinding is done until they release stuff that would require something from there.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 1