The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Felarx Nerf

Executor_Tuvul

Question

10 answers to this question

Step 1. Add Lock and Load Mod to your exilus slot.

Step 2. Put at least 1 Synth Mod on your companion.

(Optional) Step 3. Add Atomic Fallout Mod for a bigger magazine/rad damage. I also add Primed Ammo Stock for an even larger magazine. Which nets you more bullets reloaded while sheathed.

Step 4. Need to reload? Melee for 1-2 seconds to get ammo back. A lot quicker than manually reloading each shell.

Edited by TeaHands
Added more info
  • Like 3

Reload is 3.7 seconds base from an empty mag.  Using it in the Sim that looks about right if I start the stopwatch immediately after pulling the trigger.  If I increase the mag to 15, for a an Arsenal reload time of 7.3s, it still comes out about right.

Which if anything is a little faster than I expected, as I think normally there's a RoF delay before reloads actually start. For example Strun Wraith comes out a fraction of a second longer that its reload speed if I start the timer right after pulling the trigger.

Edited by Tiltskillet

1 hour ago, TeaHands said:

Step 1. Add Lock and Load Mod to your exilus slot.

Step 2. Put at least 1 Synth Mod on your companion.

(Optional) Step 3. Add Atomic Fallout Mod for a bigger magazine/rad damage.

Step 4. Need to reload? Melee for 1-2 seconds to get ammo back. A lot quicker than manually reloading each shell.

I would have never realized that using quick-melee counted as "holstered" for ranged weapons.  Thank you for cluing me into this!

• Like 1

It still baffles me that, countless eons into the future, we still have shotguns with tubular magazines... But putting that aside, with Felarx's meager 6 round capacity you're reloading a lot and it feels rough. Its always been my least favourite shotgun, even though the Strun family also uses a tube magazine.

Sure, the orokin needed more basic weapons for the Tenno to use against the Sentients, but detachable magazines really arent that complex, and are way more convenient, and IMO manual shell by shell reloads arent that cool. I say this as somebody who handles shotguns regularly IRL BTW, IRL theres plenty good reasons for them, but in a sci fi game, no, there isnt.

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

It still baffles me that, countless eons into the future, we still have shotguns with tubular magazines

We use bows and swords but pump-action shotguns and tube mags are what baffles you?

7 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I would have never realized that using quick-melee counted as "holstered" for ranged weapons.  Thank you for cluing me into this!

Welcome to Reload 2.0

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

A personal favorite of mine is Trumna with 2 Synth Mods. The magazine is so large that even 10% reload per second is getting ya 20 bullets per second while smacking enemies.

All you need is either Primed Ammo Stock or Primed Tactical Pump, and Felarx's evolution that has it reload when holstered. Forget about Lock and Load and Synth mods, Galvanized Acceleration is a better exilus mod in this case.

13 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

We use bows and swords but pump-action shotguns and tube mags are what baffles you?

those two examples have purpose though: a Sword is for when you run out of ammo, a bow is for when you have to kill silently. a tube magazine makes zero sense eons into the future where magazines would have LONG been perfected. 

also I never said pump actions baffle me, hell, I WANTED a pump action just because it'd be cool, and eventually after like 3 years of nagging we got the Corinth. if you're gonna quote me, at least quote stuff I actually wrote. 

The thing is that since you reload one round at a time, you can easily stop reloading to shoot at enemies, and then continue reloading in-between groups of enemies. Also it's an incarnon weapon, so there' that. Sure it might not be the most powerful, but people downplay it a ton. Because of it's infinite punchthrough while doing very nice damage, it kills enemies quickly and efficiently.