The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnon ammo stack should remain when changing modes.

Famecans

Firstly, I would like to inform you that Incarnon transformation is interrupted when firing normal ammunition, so during hectic missions it is common for the player to press more than once and wait for the transformation, having the possibility of wasting all the incarnon ammunition when returning to normal mode.

There is no reason to waste Incarnon accumulations, there is no modifier that benefits this mechanic and there is a maximum limit of charger so it is fair to allow the player to keep Incarnon ammunition even when changing modes, it is practical for gameplay to know that pressing the button tranformation multiple times will not waste ammunition accumulation as overshadowed weapon visibility and time of transformation is already a fair penalty in missions with hectic crowds.

Thanks for reading👍

Honestly, more control over it would be a better solution. There *are* times when I want to just use the incarnon mode for a couple shots, a specific purpose, then I want it gone again. There being absolutely no downside to switching back and forth at will would counteract the whole "strength" aspect of building your gauge in the first place.

Now, if we come to why that's a concern? Probably because some of the incarnon weapons can charge in one or two shots, some take minutes at a time. This is where balancing the charge gained would be a better approach than otherwise - imo at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iPathos said:

Now, if we come to why that's a concern? Probably because some of the incarnon weapons can charge in one or two shots, some take minutes at a time.

That didn't use to be the case. It's only a case now because DE made it so the kill shot no longer builds charges (or at least no charge past the first multishot).

1 hour ago, iPathos said:

There being absolutely no downside to switching back and forth at will would counteract the whole "strength" aspect of building your gauge in the first place.

You still have to build the gauge, that's downside enough. Why have a dual-firing gun when you're near forced into using only one mode? Sometimes I want my Boar normal mode instead of the incarnon.

I could see it either way.  I kind of like that there is calculation  in some fights about using all the Incarnon guage versus sacrificing some of it to have a full charge when it's needed more.  OTOH, it does kind of suck to lose the Incarnon gauge by accident on some weapons with really fast reload like Kunai.  (It can happen on any, but the longer the transition, the longer I've got before a second buttonpress can register, the more it feels like it's my own dang fault for bungling it.)

If we got this feature, maybe it should only apply to the headshot charge-dependent weapons though.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-03 at 7:23 PM, iPathos said:

Now, if we come to why that's a concern? Probably because some of the incarnon weapons can charge in one or two shots, some take minutes at a time. This is where balancing the charge gained would be a better approach than otherwise - imo at least.

On 2024-01-03 at 9:28 PM, Tiltskillet said:

If we got this feature, maybe it should only apply to the headshot charge-dependent weapons though.

As an example of the situation, I have Felarx with a full incarnon charge after hitting several precision hits and then I press mouse 3 to trigger the incarnon transformation, however at times this transformation is interrupted because I eagerly press the fire button, there are moments where I press the button of transformation twice to guarantee the transformation, however this error ends up wasting all the incarnon charge.

Note that we have the infested faction where some enemies have oculted heads, the infested faction is also fast making precision hits even more difficult, the last update launched this new faction with abstract themed enemies, I don't know where the heads of the necramechs are but sometimes I get incarnon charges hitting them.

so why should I be penalized by losing all my incarnon charge when pressing the transform button twice?

5 minutes ago, Famecans said:

however at times this transformation is interrupted because I eagerly press the fire button

Don't do that. :P

Or at least, not so eagerly.  Felarx has a base 3.7 transition time.  I can hit the button a dozen times without losing the transformation.  Even if you have Primed Tactical Pump and Merciless  on there for some reason, that's still a lot of room for error.

Incarnon could use improvement to the cues for the transition being in progress though.   The sound effect is pretty good, but not everybody plays with the sound on, and most of it still plays out even if the transition is interrupted.

Again, I'm not against the idea, but there is something I enjoy about the current way it's implemented that would be lost.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-04 at 11:07 AM, KitMeHarder said:

That didn't use to be the case. It's only a case now because DE made it so the kill shot no longer builds charges (or at least no charge past the first multishot).

i mean... to be fair, if you are killing enemies with only a single projectile, you probably dont NEED to use the incarnon mode, haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

i mean... to be fair, if you are killing enemies with only a single projectile, you probably dont NEED to use the incarnon mode, haha

Incarnon modes aren't just for increased damage, they're also for increased fun.

And some Incarnons like the Boar, the primary fire is meant to be the heavy hitter and the incarnon is meant to be the horde clearer. It's kinda backwards to say "if you kill a single target too fast, you don't need the incarnon mode" when I'm literally trying to activate the mode that preforms worse in single target.

• Like 1