The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accessibility and QOL: Add toggle to not be affected by speed boost from other player

NialaStormborn

When I am running Titania, especially with the razorwing augment, and the Volt in my squad decides that we should all go very, very fast, the lack of ability to time when that speed burst is going to impact me can send me careening into walls, spinning upside down, and very frequently, end up outside the map. /unstuck has become my best friend.

The impact isn't just "roll backwards to get out of the speed boost". First off, I'm already probably spinning uncontrollably if I was just slammed into another object and have to reorient. Second, it's literally nauseating. From an accessibility perspective, this type of uncontrolled sudden change in orientation can cause vertigo in some people. (I'm one of them.)

I've gotten to the point where I will consider dropping out of a capture mission on a relic run if I see a volt in the party. Volt is my starting frame, the one I have the most time on, and is dear to my heart.

I've played other games where this type of toggle exists, and it's a wonderful thing to have available.

• Like 1

There is another case where a player would rather not be buffed by a teammate, it's when the buff is an elemental damage boost. If I'm enjoying my slash-only melee weapon, I definitely don't want to be bothered with Thermal Transfer, Shock Trooper, Venom Dose, nor Nourish. It's a big DPS debuff because of how status distribution works.

• Like 1

Why is it always Titania players complaining about Volt? I swear I see a new thread on this topic at least once a week.

DE might as well cave in already and give us the option to select which buffs we want to be affected and which not. All buffs, not just the movement related ones because once you sort out Volt for Titania people, Chroma people will start to complain about DR and Overguard. We'll just move from one painpoint to the next.

53 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Why is it always Titania players complaining about Volt? I swear I see a new thread on this topic at least once a week.

DE might as well cave in already and give us the option to select which buffs we want to be affected and which not. All buffs, not just the movement related ones because once you sort out Volt for Titania people, Chroma people will start to complain about DR and Overguard. We'll just move from one painpoint to the next.

Because Titania spends a lot of time flying and she's already very fast in that form, so between the flight and existing high speed, for a lot of players the sudden massive further increase to speed can be disorienting and make her difficult to control.  It turns her into the newbie player from that 100 Days of Warframe vid, flailing into every wall and obstacle.

I find it funny on my Nezha as I often prefer to keep firewalker and also don't mod off his slipperiness - not that I need help slamming into the sides of doorways instead of through them lol, but if I played Titania it'd probably disorient and annoy me, too.

Edited by Andvarja
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Andvarja said:

Because Titania spends a lot of time flying and she's already very fast in that form, so between the flight and existing high speed, for a lot of players the sudden massive further increase to speed can be disorienting and make her difficult to control.  It turns her into the newbie player from that 100 Days of Warframe vid, flailing into every wall and obstacle.

I find it funny on my Nezha as I often prefer to keep firewalker and also don't mod off his slipperiness - not that I need help slamming into the sides of doorways instead of through them lol, but if I played Titania it'd probably disorient and annoy me, too.

I find it pathetic, the complaints that is, because it doesn't affect me while playing Titania at all. If I have a Volt in the squad, I'll just toggle off 'sprint' (if you can call it that while flying) and that's it.

Regardless of my opinion about the complaint itself, the request to have QoL buff toggle added is valid. Even if I don't have a problem with this particular scenario myself, there are many who do and I support their right to remove such annoyance.

On 2024-01-06 at 9:31 AM, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I find it pathetic, the complaints that is, because it doesn't affect me while playing Titania at all. If I have a Volt in the squad, I'll just toggle off 'sprint' (if you can call it that while flying) and that's it.

Regardless of my opinion about the complaint itself, the request to have QoL buff toggle added is valid. Even if I don't have a problem with this particular scenario myself, there are many who do and I support their right to remove such annoyance.

I'm glad you say you support it. But saying first that you find it pathetic doesn't feel particularly supportive. I'm glad it doesn't affect you. But given that you said "Why is it always Titania players complaining about Volt? I swear I see a new thread on this topic at least once a week.", it would seem to affect a lot of people.

Actually supporting it would involve leaving the insult out of the comment.

1 hour ago, NialaStormborn said:

I'm glad you say you support it. But saying first that you find it pathetic doesn't feel particularly supportive. I'm glad it doesn't affect you. But given that you said "Why is it always Titania players complaining about Volt? I swear I see a new thread on this topic at least once a week.", it would seem to affect a lot of people.

Actually supporting it would involve leaving the insult out of the comment.

Nah