The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Melee Guidance+ any mod for Heavy Attack Efficiency+ Rauta= endless non-falling x12 combo counter

Quietsun

So. we have a Melee Guidance mod that, when maxed out, gives -1 to the duration of the combo counter (effectively disables it)
reception
 Rauta  uniquely increases the equipped melee weapon's Melee Combo Count with each pellet that lands on an enemy.
And any heavy attack efficiency mod disables the consumption of combo points for heavy attacks of any melee weapon, whe melee guidance mod equipped.

And you probably want to ask “but where do we get combo points if melee guidance disables combo points?”

the answer is simple.
With the help of a rauta you can fill up the maximum combo counter. Due to the fact that Melee Guidance disables combo counter, and mods for the effectiveness of heavy attacks do not allow combo points to be wasted - we get any melee weapon that can hit with heavy attacks without spending combo points on these attacks,
thus, such weapons will always have a maximum damage multiplier.

looks like a bag.

• Like 3

Nice catch. 

After playing with this a bit I'll  note that this works with Corrupt Charge, Covert Lethality, riven Initial Combo, Ceramic's Gun & Blade perk, and Tandem Bond too, so Rauta isn't strictly necessary.   I don't have Melee Crescendo to check that, or a squaddy to check Ready Steel.

Innodem's slide, finisher, and ammo  generators didn't allow me to accumulate combo with negative duration.    I'm a bit surprised Rauta and Tandem work and those don't, so I'm curious about other non-Initial Combo generators.

• 2 weeks later...