The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whispers in the Walls: Hotfix 35.0.7

[DE]Megan

hace 2 minutos, OMAR_FARUK dijo:

Tenacious Bond is still not applying its buff despite the UI showing it is avaible.

It doesn't even show in our arsenal UI, but only on companions stats. Something went terribly haywire there and I am starting to get concerned that it will never be fixed given how ignored it is by both DE and community. I felt so bad for those poor newbies in our clan who were wasting Fortuna Standing on this (which could take days to recover given MR daily standing cap) that I had to add to our daily message a small line saying "DON'T BUY TENACIOUS BOND BECAUSE IS BROKEN!"

This bond was nice to free up space in our builds and now is gone, so back to basics and companions to be what they were, but respawneable now... it's so sad how one of the most requested reworks has gone wasted so fast and seems like only a very small portion of us care about it 😔

So instead of fixing the Topaz Shard's unintended interactions with Sentinels and some abilities like Mallet that is not meant to apply blast status, which btw should have been the logical route, they decided to simply nerf it and make it unusable. 

Bruce Willis Wtf GIF

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Beryliberries said:

Thank you for the hotfix! Hoping Sevagoth Glaukus gets the fixes it needs soon!

They did not fix it! They made sure to fix the epitaph skin issue thoe

Edited by Marknificent

2 hours ago, Xenoxic said:

Add Mirage Eclipse buff not giving damage buff inside the new tileset to the fix list please

It is known to be not be working as intended and is mentioned with the QOL changes in the big patch notes thread. I too, am over here hoping that it gets fixed sooner rather than later.

might be worth thinking about rewording all of the bonuses given by the topaz and violet archon shards since it is at least a bit hard keeping track of what is doing what or what is considered a bug without reverting to twitter and the forums. I get having to change the design as we come up with game breaking ideas, just saying please make sure you are showing what each shard REALLY does INGAME when you are done 😄

• Like 3

If I were going to tell my mafia goon what to do to someone who didn't pay their protection money, I'd tell him to "make 'em work like Caliban."

I have great concerns for how this could have possibly been "unintended." Like, literally, how is it possible that the bonus made it through the workshop phase without anyone in the room raising their hand and asking "shield gate?" And how did it make it to live proccing on damage instead of status?

There are so many wins in this patch as a whole, but it seems like DE is forever cursed to have at least one thing per patch raise dire concerns about their lack of foresight and basic QA.

• Like 3

hace 19 minutos, crazywolfpusher dijo:

So instead of fixing the Topaz Shard's unintended interactions with Sentinels and some abilities like Mallet that is not meant to apply blast status, which btw should have been the logical route, they decided to simply nerf it and make it unusable. 

Bruce Willis Wtf GIF

Sadly, this is the route they took. I wasn't using it on sentinels, but in "legal" way as intended and was good, now... I don't know how to feel. I don't get the idea behind of these "changes" to late game stuff that were so proudly announced as being of the "best" additions last year, but they are not even worded correctly (shield regen triggers by blast dmg instead of status) and now being nerfed without the possibility for us to resign on them (no unfuse option) so we are forced to keep them as mementos of how far DE goes when it comes to trolling their players with "given&taken" boosts, no matter how situational they are. I hardly doubt it is done in benefit of "balance", because any argument about that is automatically invalidated by the mere existence of Mesmer Skin.

Edited by Rigtis
Typo
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed the "Regenerate Shields when you inflict an enemy with Blast Status" Topaz Archon Shard embed bonus to no longer apply when Shield Gate is triggered. 

• An unintended degree of invulnerability could be obtained using this effect while continuously triggering Shield Gate, so it was changed to function similarly to Caliban’s Lethal Progeny ability, where the Shield recharge is disabled when Shield Gate is triggered and only resumes when the Shields begin to regenerate themselves. 

So when will we get a Topaz shard refund?

Add another strike to the list of obvious interactions retroactively labelled "unintended" by DE.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the map search radius for Necramite Drones not appearing in Netracell missions (including the Whispers in the Walls Quest stage). 

THANK YOU. That bug ruined so many runs to the point where I just don't do this map anymore. Glad to see it fixed. 

35 minutes ago, Halo said:

More like rework Blast as a whole. Blast procs, with subsequent stacking, only provide a 75% "inaccuracy" check on enemies afflicted by it.

I'm not adverse to it being thrown in the trash, but I think the accuracy debuff would be fine as a secondary effect.  It does make a small difference in the Simulacrum when I'm looking for it and nothing else.  The problem is it's very subtle, and there are a lot of attacks it seems to do nothing on.  (And the sad truth is, a lot of enemies have incredibly pathetic aim anyway.)

If it got something else on top, something impactful and more easy to detect, then I think it could be  fine.   A disarm, a status debuff, a stun, or a combination shield/health vulnerability that was additive to and smaller than magnetic/viral could all be cool. 

55 minutes ago, Halo said:

Not to mention the numbers are listed wrong on the wiki for blast, "Starts out at 30% for 6 seconds, then stacks up to 75% at 10 stacks"... meanwhile it should be 80%, but then again, there's no way to actually test this in-game. 

That makes sense though.  Stack 1: 30%.  Stack 10: 75%.  9 * 5 = 45.

You might be thinking of Gas.  That description in the wiki (Copied from what we were told, I think in a Dev Workshop.) says "...to all enemies within a 3-meter radius; subsequent procs increase the radius by 0.3 meters up to 6 meters in total after 10 stacks."  That one either starts at 3.3m, caps at 5.7m, or scales at 0.33m.

There is Puncture's weakness debuff, explained in game as reducing damage up to 90%, but is definitely only 80%.  Which is almost certainly the intended amount. 

• Like 1

Citation
Il y a 5 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

Changed the "Regenerate Shields when you inflict an enemy with Blast Status" Topaz Archon Shard embed bonus to no longer apply when Shield Gate is triggered.

This isn't the issue, the shard is supposed to proc off blast status, not blast damge like it is working on live right now, in order to fix people abusing this, you need to fix this not the fact that you can shield gate consistently with it

1. Ctrl + F
  2. "Melee"
  3. See no Auto-Melee Toggle.
  4. Here we go again!

I wouldn't make such a big fuss about it if it were... well, actually took more than 5 minutes to code in.
The longer you spend NOT doing it, the harder it's going to get DE.

For a company that really enjoys "listening to feedback", this isn't asking much.
It's not asking for a major mechanical overhaul.
It's not asking for a niche thing that affects a few people. (Let's not forget the bugs)
It's asking for something that should've been an "optional accessibility" thing to begin with.

Do. Your. Job.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Arcanes offerings from Vendors are now displayed as unranked. 

• Hovering over the Arcane will now display both its unranked and max rank stats. This is to help avoid players thinking they are buying a fully ranked Arcane.

A few more QoL would be preferable:

• Equipped Arcanes from non-equipped ones

Unlike mods, there is no way to tell which of the two same Arcanes are equipped or not. Say that I'm trading a full ranked Arcane Energize, but I also have a second full ranked Arcane Energize. Now I have to "gamble" which Energize isn't equip on most of my frames.

A similar dilemma occurs with mods; two of the same mods that are actively equipped, but the game doesn't specify which equipment is currently using them. I had a scenario where I went re-equipping Primed Target Cracker to almost all of my Secondaries but two of them due to this "gamble".

Arcanes need the QoL of the ones equipped. At the same time, both Arcanes and mods need a "droplist" of a sort to specify what equipment are equipped with said mods/Arcanes.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed reward containers in the Netracells having different Codex entries.

The Muzerah Entrati Coffer in the Netracell are reused as Rare Containers of the Labs, albeit smaller. Both those containers and the "reinforced" Thalmin Entrati Coffers are severely lacking in not only loot, but QoL the other Rare/Reinforced Containers have:

Finally, the droptables of the Labs overall (Tennokai, Grimoire Tome Mods, Bounties, and especially Netracells) are the few bad marks the update brought. There's a large reliance on Rotation C drops, and how Netracells can drop the Uncommon/Rare Melee Arcanes already dropped by the Fragmented and Whispers. The latter especially interferes with additional Archon Shards.

• Like 1

Letting the Fragmented boss fight start without all players means everyone skips the Angel.. which means people get screwed out of the Curse and the Angel's drops.   

This is not okay.  

The event mission itself is now HALF as rewarding.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Binket_ said:
  1. Ctrl + F
  2. "Melee"
  3. See no Auto-Melee Toggle.
  4. Here we go again!

I wouldn't make such a big fuss about it if it were... well, actually took more than 5 minutes to code in.
The longer you spend NOT doing it, the harder it's going to get DE.

For a company that really enjoys "listening to feedback", this isn't asking much.
It's not asking for a major mechanical overhaul.
It's not asking for a niche thing that affects a few people. (Let's not forget the bugs)
It's asking for something that should've been an "optional accessibility" thing to begin with.

Do. Your. Job.

Alternatively, just don't hold the melee attack button. There you go, you have your "toggle". DE explained why they didn't (and won't) add a toggle, because it makes no sense to invest dev time into it when the player can simply... not hold the button down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rawr1254 said:

Netracell drop table improvements?

Reb mentioned that in their micro-stream today.  She didn't actually say they'd be boosted, but said something about them having a plan.    Maybe the plan is to add small amounts of endo to the reward table?  Maybe the plan is to finally wipe out the human masters who created them?!!

Anyway, judge for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/live/7NjOqcYMlvE?si=Teiv89c7LidJaJEU

Starting around 11:00.

18 minutes ago, Flackenstien said:

Letting the Fragmented boss fight start without all players means everyone skips the Angel.. which means people get screwed out of the Curse and the Angel's drops.   

This is not okay.  

The event mission itself is now HALF as rewarding.

Not unless you go kill the Angel after the Boss, it's still around at the end, I've never looked, I've always killed it fast before the fight.

Il y a 4 heures, AlfonsoGP a dit :

Yeah but when gonna the performance in that  place  ?..........................................

DE not everybody have  a #*!%ing RX 7900 XT and still runs bad , LIKE REALLY  BAD ALMOST HALF THE FRAMERATE  DUDE  from 165HZ to 88hz I A SIMPLE LANDSCAPE THAT is just viewing and doing nothing but still you get   -88%  PERFORMANCE, SANCTUM ANATOMICA AND DEIMOS ARE RUNNING WORST THEN EVER  and your "new tech" its not an excuse EVEN THE DAMM EIDOLON PLAIN HAVE MORE REASONS TO RUN SLOWER 😒 

I totally agree with you.

7 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Happy New Year guys! Hope you had a good holiday break :D

Usually I post graphical bugs, but for once I'd like to post the following couple gameplay related ones. Still no fix for:

The glaive fix is coming in the next cert build. 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1374373-whispers-in-the-walls-known-issues-thread/

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Reb mentioned that in their micro-stream today.  She didn't actually say they'd be boosted, but said something about them having a plan.    Maybe the plan is to add small amounts of endo to the reward table?  Maybe the plan is to finally wipe out the human masters who created them?!!

Anyway, judge for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/live/7NjOqcYMlvE?si=Teiv89c7LidJaJEU

Starting around 11:00.

That just shows that they aren't actually listening, to be honest. We (the community) have been extremely clear about what we want, there's zero room for misinterpretation. Yet they "aren't sure what the community is asking for".

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 4