The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can't Chose PC as Primary Account

campolo313

I am trying to do a link between PC and Xbox, and it is selecting the Xbox Account as the Primary and I have no way of changing it.  I did not realize that I even had an Xbox Account (my kid must have been trying out the game).

11 minutes ago, OnlyCupe said:

Same here

Someone on Discord suggested putting in a Support Ticket, so I am trying that.  But there really needs to be an option to select your Primary Account regardless of Account Age.  I didn't even know I had an Xbox Account and now I have no way of doing Crossplay without losing all my stuff.

This is to prevent people from accidentally overwriting their old console accounts with brand new PC accounts that have nothing on them (because they have to link a PC account to activate cross save, and if they don't already have one, they have to create a new one).

Support can probably help.

4 hours ago, --N-- said:

This is to prevent people from accidentally overwriting their old console accounts with brand new PC accounts that have nothing on them (because they have to link a PC account to activate cross save, and if they don't already have one, they have to create a new one).

Support can probably help.

Completely understand that, but there should be an option to choose a different account even if the Console one is default.  Or at least some sort of check that the PC Account isn't brand new and has some progress on it.

1 hour ago, campolo313 said:

Completely understand that, but there should be an option to choose a different account even if the Console one is default.  Or at least some sort of check that the PC Account isn't brand new and has some progress on it.

The latest patch has an ambiguously worded patch note:

• Fixed a primary account being automatically selected for you if either of the accounts being linked had been created after the merge cutoff date (November 24 at 2 p.m. ET). 
    • Now in the case where both accounts were created after the cutoff, you can now choose either as the primary during the linking process. This only applies to first time linking (as has been the case since launch) - once the PC account has had other accounts linked in, that PC account is set as the primary.

It's possible they fixed it.

2 hours ago, --N-- said:

The latest patch has an ambiguously worded patch note:

• Fixed a primary account being automatically selected for you if either of the accounts being linked had been created after the merge cutoff date (November 24 at 2 p.m. ET). 
    • Now in the case where both accounts were created after the cutoff, you can now choose either as the primary during the linking process. This only applies to first time linking (as has been the case since launch) - once the PC account has had other accounts linked in, that PC account is set as the primary.

It's possible they fixed it.

You are awesome! I just checked and it is indeed fixed!