The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whispers in the Walls: Gauss Prime: Hotfix 35.0.9

[DE]Megan

Spoiler

Cavia metallic channel coloring still resets to the default gold/brass. It'll color to whatever while you're inside the Sanctum, and then reset again the second you go on a mission or bounty. Same for the emissives on said metallic accessories. 

54 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:
1 hour ago, Megazawr said:

also melee crescendo exists

It does, but without the Melee Guidance bug it doesn't circumvent initial combo regeneration.

I need to try it. Thanks for info.

It could be useful if the special screens for each prime access packs could showcase the content instead of the same default Gauss Prime model holding the Akarius Prime, don't you think?

The weapon pack don't show the Acceltra Prime, and the accessories pack don't show anything at all (no armor, no syandana, no alt helmet, no floof). I have no idea what all these things look like, and we can't link them in chat for the moment.

The new way of presenting your prime access in the store that you introduced not long ago looks cool and all, but it's extremely impractical.

EDIT: Thank god there is content creators showcasing everything on youtube. But it’s a shame that it’s not possible directly in-game.

Edited by Yulfan
  • Like 1

• Removed the ability for enemies to deal critical hits to players, Defense targets, Extractors, Rescue targets, and all other friendly targets. 
    • In most cases, enemies equipped with “player” weapons (Grineer Ballista using the Vulkar for example) could land critical hits due to those weapons using the same crit setup as their player counterpart. With a lack of feedback to inform players as to why or how sudden damage spikes were occurring, these enemies could easily jeopardize a mission. Additionally, while it makes sense to reward players for landing critical headshots, whether an enemy hits a head or not is outside of player control - which ultimately made countering it near impossible. So, in an effort to provide more consistent and predictable damage output from enemies, we have removed their ability to deal critical hits.

...What? Did I read that right? Enemies effectively had stock versions of our weapons (coding wise) and thus could actually crit. I'm trying to compose myself and not curse but my god. That's actually insane and is probably a good chunk of the problems in regards to enemy damage output/survivability we've been having for years. The one shot complaints. They could had been enemies scoring critical hits on us. Oh my god. How long has this been in the game? Now I definitely need to boot up and see how this effects the moment to moment gameplay.

54 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:
1 hour ago, Megazawr said:

also melee crescendo exists

It does, but without the Melee Guidance bug it doesn't circumvent initial combo regeneration.

I need to try it. Thanks for info.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed the ability for enemies to deal critical hits to players, Defense targets, Extractors, Rescue targets, and all other friendly targets. 

• In most cases, enemies equipped with “player” weapons (Grineer Ballista using the Vulkar for example) could land critical hits due to those weapons using the same crit setup as their player counterpart. With a lack of feedback to inform players as to why or how sudden damage spikes were occurring, these enemies could easily jeopardize a mission. Additionally, while it makes sense to reward players for landing critical headshots, whether an enemy hits a head or not is outside of player control - which ultimately made countering it near impossible. So, in an effort to provide more consistent and predictable damage output from enemies, we have removed their ability to deal critical hits.

It would really great if we had a proper list of enemies which was acutally effected by it. Because its very vague right now. (Like its effect every enemy or just a few like Bombards or those REALLY annoying Thrax enemies.) 

Removal of Duplicate Ephemeras when!?!?!??!

Been waiting for almost 3 years to get this fixed, no response in the forums, no help from the support....

YEARS and I still have duplicate Ephemeras I cant get rid of!

Your Skript from 2 1/2 years ago that was supposed to remove those duplicates didnt remove all duplicates. PLS DE!

I have 3 Toxin Ephemeras from Liches in my Arsenal and I cant sell them or get rid of them in any way!

Make the fish SHUT. UP! in Dojo.

Remove all fade to blinding-white screens.

Fix warframes getting immobilized for a few moments for no reason, randomly.

Fix getting sent to the start of the map when falling out of bounds with operator.

Fix getting stuck after a cipher hack, having to jump to be able to move.

Is Caliban *EVER* going to get the massive bug fixed where his 4's fallout zone doesn't render if Caliban is a client?

Also, the vacuum effect that's supposed to be present on the 4 is basically non-functional - enemies only fall over after moving a foot towards the detonation point instead of a true vac.

1 hour ago, PR1D3 said:
  • Removed the ability for enemies to deal critical hits to players, Defense targets, Extractors, Rescue targets, and all other friendly targets. 

...What? Did I read that right? Enemies effectively had stock versions of our weapons (coding wise) and thus could actually crit. I'm trying to compose myself and not curse but my god. That's actually insane and is probably a good chunk of the problems in regards to enemy damage output/survivability we've been having for years. The one shot complaints. They could had been enemies scoring critical hits on us. Oh my god. How long has this been in the game? Now I definitely need to boot up and see how this effects the moment to moment gameplay.

Warframe being such a difficult and harsh game that the developer felt the need to remove the ability to crit from our enemies is...  it is...  well...

Is this an alternate reality or something? Like in the US election, where half the voters seem to be from some other galaxy far, far away (though not far enough, obviously).

Melee is too hard on us, so we get auto-melee. We are so weak we need shards to buff us. But that is not enough, no, crit is probably the most important damage effect in the game, so the enemies cannot be allowed to crit. Not even when using the same weapons we use (which is explicitly stated). Can it get more ridiculous than this?

I think I'm going to start calling the game "Babyframe", has a nice ring to it. Space Ninjas my @ss... what a joke...

Get Gauss Prime and 'vrooom' towards the exit, now there's a plan.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

Warframe being such a difficult and harsh game that the developer felt the need to remove the ability to crit from our enemies is...  it is...  well...

Is this an alternate reality or something?

I'm all for more difficulty in the game, but random crits and headshots on players  are  a notoriously unsatisfying way to handle it.  And of course it would have had the most  negative impact on builds that weren't exploiting invulnerability, invisibility, or Mesmer Skin.  Healers, damage mitigators, and jump-arounders can use the boost.

Moreover its removal should make calibrating difficulty easier for DE as well as players.   Will DE actually treat this as a step back in order to take two steps forward?  I don't know, but it's a promising change.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, PR1D3 said:

It's not a major difference to your day to day play likely. Most enemies didn't have high crit rates, or high crit damage. There where definitely outliers like Elite Shield Lancers, Railjack units, and Terra Mankers, but they were just that: outliers.