The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fissure Missions need stricter punishment for leaving.

Alphas

With every Prime Access release we see a wave of really dumb players that get super toxic in public lobbies if they don't see other people running the Relic they personally want.

The game needs a much more strict punishment for quitting out of a Fissure mission.  I genuinely think that if you click Abort Mission it should just eat your Relic.  The game knows if you've disconnected or had a network error, so this would only affect people straight up leaving a mission.  I'm sure it would pick up players who accidentally joined the wrong one, or had to leave abruptly, but I would wager those cases are very few and far between, or can be chalked up to players needing better time management.

We had specific rewards get hidden to keep players from prematurely aborting missions if they don't get the thing they wanted, and I think Fissures need this as well.

55 minutes ago, Alphas said:

We had specific rewards get hidden to keep players from prematurely aborting missions if they don't get the thing they wanted, and I think Fissures need this as well.

Hiding relic names until the end of the mission would be a better solution than punishing people just for leaving.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Hiding relic names until the end of the mission would be a better solution than punishing people just for leaving.

If the relic names are hidden until end of mission, then any pub share squad can't confirm everyone is running the right relic for the mission though.

2 hours ago, 0bsi said:

If the relic names are hidden until end of mission, then any pub share squad can't confirm everyone is running the right relic for the mission though.

That's exactly right.

Honestly I see no reason to not punish people for leaving a Fissure mission intentionally.  It's not like they take that long, so if you just play it out you're not wasting your relic.  The game already knows if you abort a mission early and can differentiate that from a game crash or your internet going out.  The only reason for someone to abort a Fissure mission would be if they picked the wrong relic.  Just run the mission and get that reward.  There's a confirmation already, so there's not really an excuse for screwing it up in the first place.  The only other reason would be aborting for negligent time management, or just straight up malice because someone else didn't have the relic you wanted them to run.

Edited by Alphas

2 hours ago, 0bsi said:

Visible to host and invitees. Hidden from drop-ins.

• Like 3

There's many more reasons someone might abort out of a mission than selfish or malicious ones. And what inconvenience is it really causing you besides a few host migrations at the very beginning of the mission? Get over it.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

There's many more reasons someone might abort out of a mission than selfish or malicious ones. And what inconvenience is it really causing you besides a few host migrations at the very beginning of the mission? Get over it.

It's still extremely toxic and one of the reasons why DE originally implemented the Unidentified Item system in the first place.  Nobody should be sitting through host migration after host migration potentially breaking each mission they do because they're NOT running a Gauss relic.  The fact that you're so adamant against a change like this implies, to me, that you're the kind of player that tries to Radshare in public lobbies.

14 hours ago, 0bsi said:

I guess for the sake of thwarting relic leechers, it should only hide relics from players who aren't part of your match-made squad, and be hidden until the end of the initial run. That takes care of single-run missions since they end when the mission is completed. Showing the relic names after the first rotation of an endless mission would be fine, since a leecher's goal is to jump into a squad with a specific relic as quickly as possible, and I doubt they would stay for more rotations if their goal is to leech rather than to play. And if they can't see relic names for the first five minutes or so, that's probably going to help discourage them from leaving as often as they currently do

Edited by Pakaku

7 hours ago, Alphas said:

It's still extremely toxic and one of the reasons why DE originally implemented the Unidentified Item system in the first place.  Nobody should be sitting through host migration after host migration potentially breaking each mission they do because they're NOT running a Gauss relic.  The fact that you're so adamant against a change like this implies, to me, that you're the kind of player that tries to Radshare in public lobbies.

No. I'm the type of person that might abort out of a mission cus my cat's about to vomit on the floor, or my nephew starts crying, or I get an important call, or a knock at the door.
Or literally any of the thousands of real life things that warrant bailing out of a mission that you shouldn't be punished for doing.

I use recruitment chat cus it's just better. Honestly I doubt so many people are actually doing that pub strat cus in the time it takes you to find a single other person running the relic you want, you could've ran a full squad from recruitment, farmed up another relic for yourself, or just ran multiple fissures with random relics and made some duckats and void traces while hoping you just get lucky with someone running a relic you want (I do this for common parts a lot of the time).
Repeatedly joining and bailing out of missions trying to find someone else running the relic you want is such a ridiculous waste of time. Anyone doing that is wasting their own time more than anyone else's.

If you're getting host migrations that much, have you considered it might be your internet that's the issue? Or potentially DE just hasn't fixed whatever issue massively screwed up matchmaking when whispers of the walls released.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

No. I'm the type of person that might abort out of a mission cus my cat's about to vomit on the floor, or my nephew starts crying, or I get an important call, or a knock at the door.
Or literally any of the thousands of real life things that warrant bailing out of a mission that you shouldn't be punished for doing.

I use recruitment chat cus it's just better. Honestly I doubt so many people are actually doing that pub strat cus in the time it takes you to find a single other person running the relic you want, you could've ran a full squad from recruitment, farmed up another relic for yourself, or just ran multiple fissures with random relics and made some duckats and void traces while hoping you just get lucky with someone running a relic you want (I do this for common parts a lot of the time).
Repeatedly joining and bailing out of missions trying to find someone else running the relic you want is such a ridiculous waste of time. Anyone doing that is wasting their own time more than anyone else's.

If you're getting host migrations that much, have you considered it might be your internet that's the issue? Or potentially DE just hasn't fixed whatever issue massively screwed up matchmaking when whispers of the walls released.

I highly doubt that you're constantly having to abort your missions to clean up cat vomit, answer a phone call or answer the door whenever you're playing. 

Just because you personally think it's a waste of time doesn't mean it's not happening constantly throughout the day.  Practically every other mission I do there's a host migration whenever I'm running Lith relics when people don't have G9 equipped.  I know it's not my internet because this S#&$ doesn't happen on Meso, Neo, Axi missions, nor does it happen in any OTHER mission.  It's only the Lith missions for the one new rare Gauss part.

6 minutes ago, Alphas said:

I highly doubt that you're constantly having to abort your missions to clean up cat vomit, answer a phone call or answer the door whenever you're playing.

No. Not constantly. But it sure would be a massive kick in the balls to lose a radiant relic whenever one of those things does happen. and that's the point I was trying to make.

Punishing people for abandoning mission by consuming their relic will hit people who did it for something important a lot harder than the few dimwits who are wasting theirs and everyone else's time trying to game the system.

There's also the possibility of radshare groups that had one member disconnect or bail out in the middle of the mission loading, or picked a wrong relic, wanting to bail out and regain a 4th member. Except with a punishment system like this they can't do that. Do you know how many times that's happened to me? I'd've have lost hundreds of hours if relics got consumed as a punishment like that. And that actually incentivizes people to try and join radshares with unrefined relics more often because the team is effectively forced to finish the mission if no one notices until the mission loads.

Plus. If they do implement a system like that. There's an incredibly easy way around it. Just disconnecting your internet instead of hitting the abandon mission button. As soon as people figure that out it'll be like the punishment doesn't even exist. And people will just be calling to punish anyone who gets disconnected at all, which absolutely cannot happen.

I'll bet the vast majority of host migration you get are actually disconnects anyways. And just coincidence it's happening more frequently for you in lith fissures.

Regardless. The amount of completely innocent people's time this would waste if it was implemented is astronomically higher than just needing to put up with a few complete idiots trying to get better drops in the most brainless and inefficient way possible, causing some host migrations.

The game would be worse for it. period.

• Like 2