The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is Gauss Prime still have 175 base energy?

The last prime wf with no energy improvement I recall is Nezha and luckily his demand for energy is little. And for those wfs who already reached highest base energy in normal versions, like baruuk and wisp, it's reasonable to give no further increase. And also these 2 wfs have far less energy comsuption compared to gauss. 

So why is gauss prime missed? He exactly needs that little buff of prime variants. You let grendel jumped a queque, and resulted in a ridiculous 3 prime wfs “decennial”. Now finally in 2024, gauss prime was released, and you can't even bare to give a little more buff of prime variants? That's unacceptable.

Edited by MaximusXIIHero
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MaximusXIIHero said:

That's unacceptable

Gonna have to disagree.

Gauss was already a pretty energy efficient Warframe. Assuming you're playing him the way DE intended, your 2 and 4 have near unlimited uptime that average maybe 150 energy spent every minute or two. As long as you're killing consistently, energy won't be a problem for you.

If you're running around spamming Thermal Sunder, then I can see this happening. Doing so on a frame that's clearly meant to be a weapons platform seems counterintuitive however.

Gauss Prime did get buffs to his stats in the form of Shields and Sprint Speed, which are synonymous with his intended playstyle.

Energy buffs are indeed common in this day and age on new Prime Frames. Gauss however did not need that in the slightest, especially considering (like you said) his base energy was already 175.

8 hours ago, MaximusXIIHero said:

also these 2 wfs have far less energy comsuption compared to gauss.

Baruuk and Wisp? Maybe if you're only using 1 or 2 of their abilities, but they're both generally far more energy-hungry. There's almost no reason to run Blind Rage on Gauss (besides Thermal Transfer) and the opposite holds true for Baruuk and Wisp.

• Like 7

sure, but Gauss has kinetic plating: any well built Gauss with his 2 active will not only tank against heat cold and physical damage, he gets a ton of energy from it. as long as you keep your 2 up you should basically be topped up constantly. the only time you might run out of energy is if you're spamming Thermal Sunder, but if that tactic becomes necessary to survive, and not just you nuking for the sake of nuking, then you're likely fighting enemies that would have you spamming abilities on ANY Warframe, not just Gauss.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

In addition to the energy reg on plating, doesnt he also get a bunch of free casting when redlined? I might be wrong since I havent touched Quicksilver-A-Flashtrain in ages.

Sort of. Mach Rush gets its energy cost halved, and Thermal Sunder immediately inflicts its second-stage effect so you only need to cast it half as much if you're not going for the armour strip (and if your weapons deal heat or cold procs, you only need to cast it once to get that as well).

• Like 1

I think this comparison is unfair, Gauss received run speed and shild with works on his passive and skills,

the passive charges with movement and reduce the shild regen delay and buff speed regen and kinect plate gives damage reduction for shield

while gives energy per damage received, and the first skill scale with run speed, so this have a great sinergy.

Frost receve shild too, but snow globe is the only skill who scale based on stats, but scales with armor and armor dont work on shield👍

13 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Frost Prime is the champion of bad prime upgrades

Cut them some slack, he was the first Prime that anyone but Founders ever saw. At a time when there was literally no precedent for what Primes got as an upgrade.

Hell, Excal Prime had to be buffed after Excal Umbra came out, because the Founders kicked out about Umbra having fully functional stat buffs compared to the Prime's nearly-non-existent ones.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Cut them some slack, he was the first Prime that anyone but Founders ever saw. At a time when there was literally no precedent for what Primes got as an upgrade.

Which also means they've had going on 11 years to give him, oh, I don't know, +50 armor  or something. :P

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

When they've not needed to?

I mean... Frost is Frost... He kind of doesn't care?

I don't really care either.  I don't play Frost and in very few cases do I find prime upgrades to be meaningful.  The slightly higher concentration of meaninglessness in Frost Prime's case is just a funny thing. 

Granted though, it was 10x funnier in those years when higher shields were often seen as a negative!

• Like 1

Guass Literally generates his own energy with his 2 Kinetic Plating. Not to mention the ability takes into account the damage before DR so you will always get the max 5% energy with every hit you take. With my build I can get up to 140 secs of Redline and Kinetic Plating. Not to mention Mach Rush is dirt cheap and I replace his 3 with roar which also lasts 140 secs. I always have a full energy bar with streamline and energy nexus alone. I don't even run energize on him, just molt efficiency and augmented. He can literally have max energy at all times regardless of mission