The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Idea to Xaku Prime

First off, I am aware I will be roasted by Xaku mains for this, but I was looking at the upcoming primes, and Xaku is soon-ish.

A friend of mine suggested that they shouldn't be primed, because of what they are, a combination of 3 other frames that were lost.
Which made me remember, we NEVER got the Lost Frames that make up Xaku. Which I think was a HUGE missed opportunity.

So what I'm suggesting, is why not get them in prime form only? They are lost frames, so its not unreasonable to not be able to have the non prime versions of them that the tenno make today. We already have a couple weapons that only have prime versions, why not these 3 be only prime too?

The idea of the lost frames is already baked into Xaku's lore, parts of their bodies are already designed on Xaku's model, and one of each of their moves is already set up in Xaku's kit.
Doing these 3 as the next primes when Xaku's time comes up would be a very unique

Here's a link to a reddit post I first saw them visualized on, and an image of the frames in question. I am aware its a fan edit, but still.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/g4h37i/broken_warframe_origins_fan_edit/
cqjvz72yrut41.png?width=1080&crop=smart&

• Like 2

Yeah.... No.

DE have gone on record to say ALL frames are eligible for a prime, whether it makes sense to us or not. Otherwise it just messes up the order of things. Plus you're asking them to make 3 frames from scratch when they can just reskin Xaku with some gold bits and up the stats. The latter is what they'll do because its WAY less work.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Taria_Lorefield said:

A friend of mine suggested that they shouldn't be primed, because of what they are, a combination of 3 other frames that were lost.
Which made me remember, we NEVER got the Lost Frames that make up Xaku. Which I think was a HUGE missed opportunity.

That is, apparently, because the lost frames were failures.

If it helps you make sense of it, think of the original theory in this way; the original Xaku was discovered by Ballas as a fusion of the three failures, and so Ballas made that original Xaku into the Prime, so of course Xaku Prime can exist. Makes sense, at least.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

If it helps you make sense of it, think of the original theory in this way; the original Xaku was discovered by Ballas as a fusion of the three failures, and so Ballas made that original Xaku into the Prime, so of course Xaku Prime can exist. Makes sense, at least.

This makes a lot of sense actually, if they were failures of frames and not just lost to the void or something.
Them being referred to as "the lost" seems to be against that idea though. If they're lost it makes them sound like someone wants to find them again. 

If they were functional frames with a unique purpose, I think it'd be cool to have them in the game. It would also put a clearer visual on what each part of Xaku is.

Still, fun to think about all these ideas. Interested to see what they do with Xaku regardless.

14 minutes ago, Taria_Lorefield said:

Them being referred to as "the lost" seems to be against that idea though. If they're lost it makes them sound like someone wants to find them again. 

They're called "the lost" because "the wiped" doesn't sound as good.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I like the theory that the frames that make up xaku were slain by the Myrmidon from the Ivara leverian
"It is said a number of 'frames had been erased from history by this monster, models who no longer exist on any record. Those who are not remembered. "

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Miser_able said:

I like the theory that the frames that make up xaku were slain by the Myrmidon from the Ivara leverian
"It is said a number of 'frames had been erased from history by this monster, models who no longer exist on any record. Those who are not remembered. "

That's... interesting, because Ivara was part of a four-member squad in the Leverian. So it would make sense that Ballas would be aware of three frames that failed to defeat the Myrmidon, be on the verge of scrapping them, and then begins Xaku's origin.

Nice tie-in.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Taria_Lorefield said:

[snip]

I'd love to see where that could go. Those three designs are quite interesting!

To have Xaku Prime doesn't exclude having the three original frames made in the future. Why not wish for all?

I guess that for the three it boils down to DE getting in the mood/having the right idea for them. Mother states that the three warframes served the Entrati family in the past, so they can't be those that died in Ivara's story:

"This Warframe Xaku. Somewhat of a family themselves. A sum of many, a composite of others we lost in the ages that our Entrati family has served here."

To be honest the most recent tileset would be a good excuse to introduce them, with their blueprints hidden in the deepest recesses of the labs, and possibly tied to quests that explain how they met their demise and ended up becoming Xaku.

On the topic of the warframes that lost to the Myrmidon...It could be fun to have them as "bonus" warframes of sorts. Any of them with some kind of glaring limits that can't be fixed with modding to have somewhat of an optional "hard mode" to play. Don't mind me, I'm just digressing!

• Like 1

On 2024-01-20 at 2:17 PM, Taria_Lorefield said:

First off, I am aware I will be roasted by Xaku mains for this, but I was looking at the upcoming primes, and Xaku is soon-ish.

So what I'm suggesting, is why not get them in prime form only? They are lost frames, so its not unreasonable to not be able to have the non prime versions of them that the tenno make today. We already have a couple weapons that only have prime versions, why not these 3 be only prime too?

The idea of the lost frames is already baked into Xaku's lore, parts of their bodies are already designed on Xaku's model, and one of each of their moves is already set up in Xaku's kit.
Doing these 3 as the next primes when Xaku's time comes up would be a very unique

Here's a link to a reddit post I first saw them visualized on, and an image of the frames in question. I am aware its a fan edit, but still.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/g4h37i/broken_warframe_origins_fan_edit/

They'll probably go the Revenant/Nidus route and give Xaku prime some special lore explaining how he was created (probably by the void/alternate dimension like Revenant Prime was).

Edited by (XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

32 minutes ago, (XBOX)Lord ChibiVR said:

They'll probably go the Revenant/Nidus route and give Xaku prime some special lore explaining how he was created (probably by the void/alternate dimension like Revenant Prime was).

I still like the one for Revenant, where Ballas just went "what the hell is this?", like it was some terrible office prank.

I am very curious about how DE will handle the lore for Xaku Prime though.

• Like 2