The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Emotes (Emote based from Prime Trailers)

Hi

So I've been watching the Prime Trailers again going back to see if I can notice anything and up to Octavia Prime we've had a splice of actual in-game view and cinematic, however with what I've noticed some of the movement/animations played by the frame don't exist in-game. So I had an idea, why not bring them in-game as "Primed Emotes" for us to use for that Primed Frame (Or open for all, if you are into that) Of course, the emotes will be FREE. 

Starting with Octavia Prime: As far as I know, Octavia doesn't have that dance in-game (I might be wrong) since it seems unique to the trailer.

Nidus Prime: Roar and Maggot emotes: As seen in the trailer he does the standard noble animation but with a "roar" that can be heard and towards the end a Maggot climbs onto his back and sits with him until he moves.

Khora Prime: Petting Venari emote: While we can pet our usual Kavats, we can not pet Venari in any form, this also seems to be a unique petting emote as we do not "headbutt" our kavats

Wisp Prime: Playing with Mote Emote & Extracting Mote: As of the start you can see Wisp playing with one of her Motes before she is attacked and then later she uses a dead body to "extract" a tiny well, wisp from the body and to explodes into may motes around her.

Guass Prime: Salute & Playful Tease/Bullet Play and Boop!: Guass has a lot of animations in this trailer, the very start as he slams into a Corpus but also when he turns to face the screen he mocks the Corpus by taunting that he is gonna run over and kill him, During the slow-mo he also plays with a bullet to aim it at a Corpus and then finally at the end he boops a Corpus's nose, so that is 3-4 emotes.

What ya'll think?

-Psi

• Like 3

I'd love to have some added in the game, but I'd also like them to not be part of the Prime Access itself... I think it'd be better to exchange normal aya at Vazria for them given their nature.

(why don't we have a salute and thumbs up emote yet is beyond me heh)

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Of course, the emotes will be FREE. 

Unlikely DE are going to add emotes for free, especially if its new work (trailer emotes and ingame emotes are likely to be so different they'd have to remake from scratch.)

Maybe as paid for, but i doubt its gonna be free.

-Imagines Grendel belly laughing while the mouth on it also looks like it's laughing.-

Yeah, I'm thinking it's gonna have to be something paid for.  Devs gotta keep the lights on somehow.

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I'd love to have some added in the game, but I'd also like them to not be part of the Prime Access itself... I think it'd be better to exchange normal aya at Vazria for them given their nature.

(why don't we have a salute and thumbs up emote yet is beyond me heh)

Yes, it will NOT be tied to PA, just the frame

Maybe should've made that..clear in the post lol

1 hour ago, chaotea said:

Unlikely DE are going to add emotes for free, especially if its new work (trailer emotes and ingame emotes are likely to be so different they'd have to remake from scratch.)

Maybe as paid for, but i doubt its gonna be free.

Fair point

Cool idea. 

4 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Of course, the emotes will be FREE. 

I like the idea of free, but no game content truly is.  New content either gets charged for, or the cost is hidden in higher costs  elsewhere, or developers are putting in more time without getting paid for it.   Free to you and I, but not "free".

Personally, I'd consider buying Prime emotes if the prices were reasonable.  I can also see them being used to sweeten Primed Accessories bundles.

16 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Cool idea. 

I like the idea of free, but no game content truly is.  New content either gets charged for, or the cost is hidden in higher costs  elsewhere, or developers are putting in more time without getting paid for it.   Free to you and I, but not "free".

Personally, I'd consider buying Prime emotes if the prices were reasonable.  I can also see them being used to sweeten Primed Accessories bundles.

The point is we're talking about repurposinbg animations already done for their trailers in engine, they technically have had the investment back with the PA release. As an emote I think it'd be cool for it to be available in game for doing certain tasks with said Warframes or something.

Different would be to suggest doing Prime Animation sets for Agile and Noble stances, which should cost plat and could come included with the Prime Access and Accessories.

I think the getaway is: Locking them behind a paid pack or Regal Aya is a bit too excessive for repurposing assets VS creating fully new ones.

52 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

The point is we're talking about repurposinbg animations already done for their trailers in engine, they technically have had the investment back with the PA release.

I'm presuming it would be at least some work to convert these to emotes, and  more to make them usable by any frame.  Partly I'm inferring this because it hasn't already happened.

I have no background in the field though.  If my presumption is wrong and whatever significant cost there is was already sunk into the trailer, then free is great.    Maybe not realistic, capitalism being what it is, but definitely great.

But if the cost is significant I'd rather prices be upfront than hidden, so that people who don't care enough to pay for an emote don't subsidize it for people who do.