The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven update

StxyyHighV2

Am I the only one who thinks rivens need some form of update, major disposition changes, new stats added like damage to corrupted and murmer damage, also been wondering if warframe rivens would be a cool concept, obviously would need super balancing due to range etc, but I feel like it could open so many more builds, aswell as bring some less used frames Into light, make them either untradeable or can only be rolled so many times a week so they dont get as disproportional as some of the weapon rivens we currently have, I'd like to know other peoples opinions

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StxyyHighV2 said:

Am I the only one who thinks rivens need some form of update, major disposition changes, new stats added like damage to corrupted and murmer damage, also been wondering if warframe rivens would be a cool concept, obviously would need super balancing due to range etc, but I feel like it could open so many more builds, aswell as bring some less used frames Into light, make them either untradeable or can only be rolled so many times a week so they dont get as disproportional as some of the weapon rivens we currently have, I'd like to know other peoples opinions

We already have rivens for warframe at home.

warframe-helminth.gif

• Like 4

rivens are supposed to be a system to help earlier-game weaker weapons be viable in end-game content. they're basically there because weapons are balanced in tiers based on how far in the game you are before you can get them (for example, the hind is an early-game weapon but also a lot weaker than for example the kuva weapons)

this purpose simply doesnt exist for warframes because warframes are not balanced in tiers.

warframes are all balanced on the same tier. some are currently weaker but those frames simply need buffs.

• Like 2

I agree that rivens need an update but i highly disagree on the warframe riven part, dispositions are inconsistent especially after DE started doing less nerfs
Rolling rivens and riven market in general is the most toxic aspect of warframe and needs huge changes and tbh the limiting the kuva from teshin fed into this toxicity even more

Why I said make them untradeable,  then you can only use the ones you got yourself, making them less toxic in nature and people beg for warframe reworks, they added helminth to help with this but it hasn't sorted the issue, it was just a thought anyway, very easy ways to balance it between players, dont even have to be kuva to roll, could add an entire new resource that is capped weekly too

Rivens already serve their purpose and really don't need changes. As for adding the missing faction damages I can only imagine that going over very poorly with players complaining that it's diluting the pool of effects they want to roll.

Also there's no reason to make Warframe Rivens as, unlike weapons, they're intended to be viable at all levels. Plus frames already have access to two Arcane slots without needing adaptors, the Shard system, and are guaranteed to get upgraded variants (Primes) eventually.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StxyyHighV2 said:

also been wondering if warframe rivens would be a cool concept,

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

I wish people knew how dumb this idea is before typing it out.. why do some people just have zero regard for frame stats, unique abilities etc?. warframes don't need rivens, you just need to build them properly lol. every warframe is viable and don't need rivens, plus how would disposition be decided? it could also be seen as DE admitting which frames they think are "better", when all are supposed to be unique. frames that are genuinely underpowered or boring to play need actual reworks, not more band-aid mods. 

we are overdue for another disposition change though, that much is true. are we getting another one though? probably not.

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 3

Im not saying warframes are bad, I know they're unique it was more of a way to get less used frames with unique abilities that people leave more love to the player personally, Disposition based off warframe usage % after the level requirement to use them, gives players more of a reason to play the lesser used warframes, alot of the lesser played ones need reworks so it helps buff them because alot of arcanes shards etc buff weapons aswell, which can somewhat disregard helping the warframe entirely, the subsume system doesn't make lesser frames more used really either just buffs the ones people are already using even more, having an untradeable riven which you cant get often, stats based off player usage, is an option to help players experiment with these unique less played frames, dont just disregard the thought, just try embracing it for a second, I'm not saying DE should do this, just a discussion after all, just thought people would look at the bigger picture, if done properly it could be a new fun aspect for the entire community

2 hours ago, StxyyHighV2 said:

Im not saying warframes are bad, I know they're unique it was more of a way to get less used frames with unique abilities that people leave more love to the player personally, Disposition based off warframe usage % after the level requirement to use them, gives players more of a reason to play the lesser used warframes, alot of the lesser played ones need reworks so it helps buff them because alot of arcanes shards etc buff weapons aswell, which can somewhat disregard helping the warframe entirely, the subsume system doesn't make lesser frames more used really either just buffs the ones people are already using even more, having an untradeable riven which you cant get often, stats based off player usage, is an option to help players experiment with these unique less played frames, dont just disregard the thought, just try embracing it for a second, I'm not saying DE should do this, just a discussion after all, just thought people would look at the bigger picture, if done properly it could be a new fun aspect for the entire community

We do see the bigger picture, which is why there are multiple threads from the past with people all saying no thanks.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I wish people knew how dumb this idea is before typing it out.. why do some people just have zero regard for frame stats, unique abilities etc?. warframes don't need rivens, you just need to build them properly lol. every warframe is viable and don't need rivens, plus how would disposition be decided? it could also be seen as DE admitting which frames they think are "better", when all are supposed to be unique. frames that are genuinely underpowered or boring to play need actual reworks, not more band-aid mods. 

we are overdue for another disposition change though, that much is true. are we getting another one though? probably not.

Is it really a dumb idea though? DE basically gave us choose your own warframe rivens in the form of archon shards.

Not saying we should have frame rivens but at this point anything is possible. 

On 2024-01-24 at 6:05 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I have played the game for over 2k hours (about four years ish) and STILL go back and forth on a riven like mod for warframes. There are very much warframes that are simply imposible to use in steel path and its incredibly sad. 

New builds? Like what?

The only build enabling thing Rivens offered was 100% status shotguns that couldn't get it before.

That build viability 99.9% vs 100% was up to the mercy of DE balancing disposition based on usage and not the actual power of the weapon. Torrid is a great example of that. They buffed it years back even when it was already an amazing weapon. Did it clear rooms instantly? No but it scaled forever. Now it has an Incarnon form so sell those Rivens fast cuz 1/5 is near unusable even with perfect stats. Enemies are made of paper now anyways. What's disposition gunna do besides give you heart ache.

Rivens weren't designed solely for lower end weapons IMO. That would have been simple as changing 5% to 15% base.
DE's financial data is public. I'd suggest you go look at the profit and earnings from 2017 and 2018.

Rivens are a blight on this game.... but that's not gunna stop me from selling them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for potential rolls. A lot of stuff like Faction multipliers should be removed. Not added.
People only care about CC and CD. There's better rolls of course but that's how the community thinks.

I think there should be a way to lock in certain desirable stats on Rivens and then instead of re-rolling the entire riven you’re only re-rolling one or two stats to get your ideal role. If I roll Critical Chance and Critical Damage but then get a negative in Multishot I think it would be great if you could lock the first 2 stats in and just re-roll the rest of the Riven. It would be better than dumping millions of Kuva into rivens and potentially getting nothing out of it if you’re simply unlucky. I have a Torid riven that I’ve personally rolled over 1000 times, it’s still on the roll I got at about roll number 20…

12 hours ago, ShockTNC said:

I have played the game for over 2k hours (about four years ish) and STILL go back and forth on a riven like mod for warframes. There are very much warframes that are simply imposible to use in steel path and its incredibly sad. 

Sorry but the only thing that makes some frames "impossible" to use in SP is lacking key upgrades or a player's inability to make a decent build.

Every frame can abuse some form of invulnerability and all frames have some abilities that're useful in SP before even considering Helminth abilities. And every frame can be used as a "weapon platform" frame by building solely for survivability and optionally throwing in some debuff/weapon buff.

Really anyone struggling to run some frames in SP at all isn't going to be helped by some stat bloating from a frame Riven.

You can roll a riven 300 times and have a garbage roll. Or get a perfect roll as soon as you unveil it. 

The multiple layers of RNG involved, should be reworked imo.

>do you get 2 or 3 buffs

>are the buffs actually relevant or useless stats like +zoom or +impact

>do you get a neg or not 

>is it a good neg like -zoom or does the neg ruin it 

>what are the grades.

Do I expect DE to do it? No.

But i wish they would. Whether it was stat locking or changing the RNG odds or something else. 

"But that would be op!": dont care. Theres already so many "op" rivens out there.

"But the value of muh rivens": dont care.

On 2024-01-24 at 4:09 PM, StxyyHighV2 said:

also been wondering if warframe rivens would be a cool concept

Too late. We had variable stats on Warframes back before the current modding system. DE removed that when they introduced the current modding specifically so that they could balance and test all new and old Abilities with each other without there being a risk of some god-roll giving them more than the tested Duration, Range, Strength and so on.

The policy, as stated, is that two players, walking into the mission with the same frame and same modding, perform exactly the same. So, no, getting a riven that can have different stats compared to another player is almost certainly not going to be an option.

On 2024-01-27 at 11:16 AM, Tiltskillet said:

Which ones?

I straight up had to quit using Umbra as my main because he cant run solo steel path, and half of his abilities become useless. 

I don't think I have ever seen someone run Caliban on SP even at the lowest level. He is so weak he cant kill enemies on regular circuit with his abilities. (This one in particular is what irks me)

I haven't ever seen Ash used, in regular or SP.

AFAIK Loki is just as useless as Ash for SP.

I have tried multiple Oberon builds and none of been able to kill SP base level enemies. So he is only good for stats.

Trinity might be good, but they have steamrolled over her support role so hard I don't think she can add any value to a squad. 

While I hear people saying you CAN take Yareli into SP I have yet to see it proven.

And Im not talking about frames I expect to wipe out SP, just basic survivability. 

1 hour ago, ShockTNC said:

And Im not talking about frames I expect to wipe out SP, just basic survivability. 

Anything with shields can survive anything other than toxin, at any level. In the Steel Path you should learn how to shield-gate.

I'm a little worried about this, so I genuinely have to point out that all frames are Steel Path viable. Killing with Abilities is not necessary when they can, instead, set up for easy kills with weapons instead.

A lot of people seem to place such a high precedence on frames that have the specific option to kill higher level enemies with abilities alone, and that's weird to me when we literally have frames that are designed to support weapons instead of directly killing with abilities.

That said, you make statements like this:

2 hours ago, ShockTNC said:

I straight up had to quit using Umbra as my main because he cant run solo steel path, and half of his abilities become useless. 

When that's just not using your abilities correctly. While Excal's 1 is comparatively low damage, and that does cap out, he is more than capable of scaling his damage by using his 2 and 3 to augment his 4 well into multi-hour Steel Path usage.

Basic Shield Gating and Radial Blind are more than enough to survive Steel Path, too, we have seen multiple demonstrations from streamers over the last couple of years.

2 hours ago, ShockTNC said:

I don't think I have ever seen someone run Caliban on SP even at the lowest level. He is so weak he cant kill enemies on regular circuit with his abilities. (This one in particular is what irks me)

Caliban isn't supposed to kill enemies with his abilities. He's supposed to use them to survive and then strip enemy defenses so that weapon damage can scale well beyond what it should. You can melt level-cap enemies with Caliban using just his 3 to survive and his 4 to take enemies back to bare Health and shoot them.

People don't use him because he's a bad overall frame. It's true.

But saying that he's so weak, and all of the others like Oberon (a frame with quadratic scaling damage when you Augment his 4), Trinity (with a Primer able to one-shot level-cap Index enemies), Yareli (currently able to combo with weapons to nuke fully armoured enemies on Steel Path), Ash (a frame that uses melee boosts and Primers to just Bleed Steel Path Grineer to an extreme degree) and Loki (Loki, of all frames, a genuine god of the Circuit right now with his Irradiating Disarm and Invisibility)...

Saying that is not realising the actual problem with this game's Power Fantasy style of gameplay:

Any and every frame can survive Steel Path. Easily. The enemy is stupid, the only thing that scales is damage, and damage can be ignored by most frames, if not completely mitigated by them, because of mechanics like Shield Gating, Overguard, Radiation CC, Cleansing, straight up Invulnerability options, and (when all else fails) just killing them before they can shoot at you.

Never expect any Warframe to kill higher level enemies with just their abilities, never expect them to survive higher level enemies with just their abilities. Combining casts, weapons, primer effects and others is the actual scaling method for damage, and utilising multiple stacked survival functions is the way to survive against infinite damage.

• Like 1