The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galvanized Scope stack timer

FiendLuckless

To my knowledge, unlike most other mods/arcanes that stack, Galvanized Scope stacks each have an individual timer. So instead of being able to consistently keep up the 5x stacks via timer refresh, you're constantly losing stacks and can only fully utilize the mod for a shot or two; if you can get headshot kills fast enough. This particularly effects snipers and other lower fire rate weapons, making them feel inconsistent. Making them stack like other galvanized mods would remove this issue and allow the mod to feel more impactful outside of higher fire rate weapons.

• Like 4

The last answer we got was that the more difficult timer was intended and justified due to the power of the potential bonuses.

But yeah, I wish they'd reevaluate this.  Particularly as, unlike the other Galvanized mods, Scope/Crosshairs are very specific about what kind of kills will trigger: headshot only, and not resulting from bleed/toxin/heat dots. 

I'd like the mods better with shorter timers or a smaller bonuses--within limits--if they came with the same stack expiration behavior as the other Galvanized mods.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-25 at 12:04 PM, Tiltskillet said:

The last answer we got was that the more difficult timer was intended and justified due to the power of the potential bonuses.

But yeah, I wish they'd reevaluate this.  Particularly as, unlike the other Galvanized mods, Scope/Crosshairs are very specific about what kind of kills will trigger: headshot only, and not resulting from bleed/toxin/heat dots. 

I'd like the mods better with shorter timers or a smaller bonuses--within limits--if they came with the same stack expiration behavior as the other Galvanized mods.

I wasn't aware they had already responded about it, thank you. 

I agree, the mod is very niche considering the bonus only counts with headshot kills from bullet and not DoT; which means its best to slot into a weapon with massive single shot damage and lower status, but anything that fits the description either suffers from the first problem or doesn't need the mod at all.

I think if they're really concerned about the bonus then they should just tone it down a bit or make it a "After X headshot kills" bonus or something of the sort. A challenge that still has difficult but flows better in-game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FiendLuckless said:

I wasn't aware they had already responded about it, thank you. 

I agree, the mod is very niche considering the bonus only counts with headshot kills from bullet and not DoT; which means its best to slot into a weapon with massive single shot damage and lower status, but anything that fits the description either suffers from the first problem or doesn't need the mod at all.

I think if they're really concerned about the bonus then they should just tone it down a bit or make it a "After X headshot kills" bonus or something of the sort. A challenge that still has difficult but flows better in-game.

I think so too.  Although a lot of people seem to like the mods as is, and might take any reduction in their theoretical damage potential poorly, even if it comes with easier usage.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I think so too.  Although a lot of people seem to like the mods as is, and might take any reduction in their theoretical damage potential poorly, even if it comes with easier usage.  

I think that may be due to its effectiveness on higher fire rate weapons/unaware of the hidden mechanic; which is a shame because it feels like another middle finger to snipers. At least we have Kullervo now.

• Like 1