The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality of Life Changes and Minor Buffs for some Warframes

Enderluck

Here are some Warframes and abilities that in my opinion need a little change for quality of life. The idea of this post is to provide insight of abilities that need minor changes for quality of life or a bit buff. If you have a strong opinion of a Warframe or ability (such as a rework) this is not the forum to do so.

Ash

1. Shuriken should be affected by secondary mods. Therefore, it should have x2 critical damage, 10% critical chance, 10% status chance but still guarantees bleeding. Multishoot mods increase the number of shurikens. There are plenty of abilities that do, such as Atlas' Landslide with melee. Alternatively, it should be affected by melee mods and also by combo counter.
  2. Shuriken should have a combo mechanic as Ember's Fireball or Atlas' Landslide. This would reduce cost x0.5 and x0.25 and increase damage by x2 and x4.
  3. While holding Bladestorm Ash marks every single enemy on screen (based on Ember's Inferno) without having to move the mouse over each of them. At the moment Ash releases the button, the Shadow clones will automatically start to attack the enemies. Having to aim each time you want to mark an enemy is annoying.
  4. Bladestorm should be affected by melee mods. Maybe the damage should be lowered (2000 -> 1000) considering the additional benefits of mods.

Banshee

1. Sonic Boom should deal more damage (50 -> 500). Even at low levels it does nothing but ragdoll.
  2. I think that she needs a better passive, considering that Silence already makes all her equipment silent... Maybe +50% damage to unalerted enemies?

Caliban

1. Lethal Progeny should reduce the Shield Recharge Delay by 25% each. With the inclusion of Shield Gate, Lethal Progeny no longer replenishes shields when they are broken, which is when he needs them the most.

Equinox

1. Excess of healing from Mend should restore Overshield.

Excalibur

1. Slash Dash should have increased critical chance (0% -> 10%), critical multiplier (x1 -> x2), status chance (0% -> 10%), so that mods that increase those stats aren't wasted.
  2. Attack speed mods should increase Slash Dash animation speed when chaining enemies and range mods should increase the chain range.
  3. Radial Javelin should be affected by melee mods in the Exalted Blade.

Frost

1. His passive should also affect his melee attacks.
  2. Freeze should have a combo as Ember's Fireball or at least a charged (hold) mode as Fireball.
  3. Detonating Snow Globe with Freeze should deal higher damage.
  4. Avalanche shatter damage should also trigger if the enemy is killed while still being frozen. At high levels, the ability itself would probably never kill an enemy so you never see the shatter.

Gara

1. Shattered Lash should have increased critical chance (0% -> 10%), critical multiplier (x1 -> x2), status chance (0% -> 10%), so that mods that increase those stats aren't wasted.

Hydroid

1. Plunder meter should always appear instead of only when the ability is active. At the center of the icon, now there is a number with the number of enemies + the number of corrosive stacks within the ability range. This number helps you know if you need to wait for more enemies or corrosive stacks before using it to ensure maximum armor/damage bonus.

Inaros

1. Sevogath's Tombstone is much better than Undying (sarcophagus). The damage should be a percentage of enemy max health and shields, or at least scale with secondary weapon mods.
  2. I won't add anything else here cause he needs a full rework.

Khora

1. Wipclaw should have a combo mechanic as Ember's Fireball or Atlas' Landslide.

Loki

1. Decoy Shield and Health should be affected by Ability Strength and Shield and Health mods.
  2. Personally, he needs some synergies, he seems too basic.

Mag

1. Pull enemies should be able to drop the energy orb when killed while still under the magnetic status effect. At high levels, it is impossible for Pull to kill enemies and so you never see those energy orbs.
  2. Polarize should be able to give Overshields.
  3. When casting Polarize, the enemy affected by Magnetize should create a radial explosion based on the damage stored.

Mesa

1. Increase Shatter Shield duration (25 -> 27) and reduce Shooting Gallery duration (30 -> 27) so that both abilities match for easier recast, similar to Mirage's Hall of Mirror and Eclipse or Chroma's Elemental Ward and Vex Armor.
  2. Allow recasting Shooting Gallery while active. I know that defensive abilities such as Invisibility, Iron Skin, or Shatter Shields are never allowed to do that, but Shooting Gallery is instead a buffing ability with a minor cc effect.
  3. Allow to cast abilities while Peacemakers are active. Having to end the ability to recast Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield before re-activate it again is annoying.
  4. Ballistic Battery shouldn't have a max damage per instance nor a max stored damage. Instead, the maximum should be some formula based on the weapons DPS.

Nova

1. Null Star should be able to be re-cast to replenish the number of stars.

Oberon

1. Renewal bleedout reduction should be mentioned as an increase in bleedout duration as explained here.
  2. Reckoning enemies should be able to drop the health orb when killed while still under the radiation status effect. At high levels, it is impossible for Reckoning to kill enemies and so you never see those health orbs.
  3. Reckoning should blind affected enemies instead of unaffected enemies. Sincerely, I have never seen an enemy blinded by this ability...

Octavia

1. Conductor mod should be a default feature of Resonator. Maybe the mod could instead increase Octavia's ability strength for each follower she has.

Revenant

1. The maximum number of Thralls from Enthrall should be affected by ability strength.
  2. Allies shouldn't be able to kill Thralls. Instead, holding the ability to deactivate all Thralls.
  3. He needs a completely new passive. With Mesmer Skin, you never have your shields broken... Maybe some benefit that scales with his current shield as Styanax.
  4. I won't add anything else here cause he needs a full rework, making an Eidolon + Sentient + Vampire Warframe altogether wasn't a good idea.

Rhino

1. Rhino Charge should be affected by melee mods. Therefore, it should have x2 critical damage, 10% critical chance, 10% status chance. There are plenty of abilities that do, such as Atlas' Landslide with melee.

Saryn

1. Molt Shield and Health should be affected by Ability Strength and Shield and Health mods (Health is already only affected by Ability Strength).
  2. Contagion Cloud mod should be affected by damage mods from the weapon (base damage, multishoot and toxic damage).

Titania

1. Tribute should have its bonuses affected by Ability Duration and Ability Strength (with probably some caps to the damage reduction).

Trinity

1. Energy Vampire should scale inversely proportional to Ability Duration. Having to reduce your duration for faster energy is ridiculous. With high duration, it takes ages unless you kill the enemy.
  2. Link should have a higher duration (12s -> 20s) and the number of targeted enemies should be increased with Ability Strength (considering that the damage reduction doesn't...).
  3. Champion's Blessing mod should affect allies.
  4. Personally, I think she needs a bit of a rework. She is good, but nowadays champions aren't pure support, pure defense, pure damage, etc. They now have multiple roles like Styanax.

Valkyr

1. Rip Line should be affected by melee mods. Therefore, it should have x2 critical damage, 10% critical chance, 10% status chance. There are plenty of abilities that do, such as Atlas' Landslide with melee.

• Like 1

You know what, I really like most of these suggestions. For Excalibur's Radial Javelin, if its damage type were merely considered melee, then it would have explosive damage potential, just from that tiny change alone.

I like most of these suggestions a lot.  Small quibbles:

44 minutes ago, Enderluck said:

Banshee

I think that she needs a better passive, considering that Silence already makes all her equipment silent... Maybe +50% damage to unalerted enemies?

Silence  prevents enemies from reacting to sounds within its radius, which isn't the same.  Especially for builds without high range. 

I don't object to her getting an additional passive though.  Your suggestion is definitely thematic.

50 minutes ago, Enderluck said:

Mag

1. Pull enemies should be able to drop the energy orb when killed while still under the magnetic status effect. At high levels, it is impossible for Pull to kill enemies and so you never see those energy orbs.

Well that, and the Pull orb gimmick getting removed completely about a year-and-a-half ago. :P

Justo ahora, Tiltskillet dijo:

Silence  prevents enemies from reacting to sounds within its radius, which isn't the same.  Especially for builds without high range. 

Oh, I didn't know that, I thought it make all allies within range silent.

Justo ahora, Tiltskillet dijo:

Well that, and the Pull orb gimmick getting removed completely about a year-and-a-half ago. :P

Haha, I thought that I wasn't seeing any Energy Orb cause enemies didn't die from Pull.

• 4 months later...
On 2024-01-25 at 1:13 PM, Enderluck said:

Here are some Warframes and abilities that in my opinion need a little change for quality of life. The idea of this post is to provide insight of abilities that need minor changes for quality of life or a bit buff. If you have a strong opinion of a Warframe or ability (such as a rework) this is not the forum to do so.

Ash

1. Shuriken should be affected by secondary mods. Therefore, it should have x2 critical damage, 10% critical chance, 10% status chance but still guarantees bleeding. Multishoot mods increase the number of shurikens. There are plenty of abilities that do, such as Atlas' Landslide with melee. Alternatively, it should be affected by melee mods and also by combo counter.
  2. Shuriken should have a combo mechanic as Ember's Fireball or Atlas' Landslide. This would reduce cost x0.5 and x0.25 and increase damage by x2 and x4.
  3. While holding Bladestorm Ash marks every single enemy on screen (based on Ember's Inferno) without having to move the mouse over each of them. At the moment Ash releases the button, the Shadow clones will automatically start to attack the enemies. Having to aim each time you want to mark an enemy is annoying.
  4. Bladestorm should be affected by melee mods. Maybe the damage should be lowered (2000 -> 1000) considering the additional benefits of mods.

Banshee

1. Sonic Boom should deal more damage (50 -> 500). Even at low levels it does nothing but ragdoll.
  2. I think that she needs a better passive, considering that Silence already makes all her equipment silent... Maybe +50% damage to unalerted enemies?

Caliban

1. Lethal Progeny should reduce the Shield Recharge Delay by 25% each. With the inclusion of Shield Gate, Lethal Progeny no longer replenishes shields when they are broken, which is when he needs them the most.

Equinox

1. Excess of healing from Mend should restore Overshield.

Excalibur

1. Slash Dash should have increased critical chance (0% -> 10%), critical multiplier (x1 -> x2), status chance (0% -> 10%), so that mods that increase those stats aren't wasted.
  2. Attack speed mods should increase Slash Dash animation speed when chaining enemies and range mods should increase the chain range.
  3. Radial Javelin should be affected by melee mods in the Exalted Blade.

Frost

1. His passive should also affect his melee attacks.
  2. Freeze should have a combo as Ember's Fireball or at least a charged (hold) mode as Fireball.
  3. Detonating Snow Globe with Freeze should deal higher damage.
  4. Avalanche shatter damage should also trigger if the enemy is killed while still being frozen. At high levels, the ability itself would probably never kill an enemy so you never see the shatter.

Gara

1. Shattered Lash should have increased critical chance (0% -> 10%), critical multiplier (x1 -> x2), status chance (0% -> 10%), so that mods that increase those stats aren't wasted.

Hydroid

1. Plunder meter should always appear instead of only when the ability is active. At the center of the icon, now there is a number with the number of enemies + the number of corrosive stacks within the ability range. This number helps you know if you need to wait for more enemies or corrosive stacks before using it to ensure maximum armor/damage bonus.

Inaros

1. Sevogath's Tombstone is much better than Undying (sarcophagus). The damage should be a percentage of enemy max health and shields, or at least scale with secondary weapon mods.
  2. I won't add anything else here cause he needs a full rework.

Khora

1. Wipclaw should have a combo mechanic as Ember's Fireball or Atlas' Landslide.

Loki

1. Decoy Shield and Health should be affected by Ability Strength and Shield and Health mods.
  2. Personally, he needs some synergies, he seems too basic.

Mag

2. Polarize should be able to give Overshields.
  3. When casting Polarize, the enemy affected by Magnetize should create a radial explosion based on the damage stored.

Mesa

1. Increase Shatter Shield duration (25 -> 27) and reduce Shooting Gallery duration (30 -> 27) so that both abilities match for easier recast, similar to Mirage's Hall of Mirror and Eclipse or Chroma's Elemental Ward and Vex Armor.
  2. Allow recasting Shooting Gallery while active. I know that defensive abilities such as Invisibility, Iron Skin, or Shatter Shields are never allowed to do that, but Shooting Gallery is instead a buffing ability with a minor cc effect.
  3. Allow to cast abilities while Peacemakers are active. Having to end the ability to recast Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield before re-activate it again is annoying.
  4. Ballistic Battery shouldn't have a max damage per instance nor a max stored damage. Instead, the maximum should be some formula based on the weapons DPS.

Nova

1. Null Star should be able to be re-cast to replenish the number of stars.

Oberon

1. Renewal bleedout reduction should be mentioned as an increase in bleedout duration as explained here.
  2. Reckoning enemies should be able to drop the health orb when killed while still under the radiation status effect. At high levels, it is impossible for Reckoning to kill enemies and so you never see those health orbs.
  3. Reckoning should blind affected enemies instead of unaffected enemies. Sincerely, I have never seen an enemy blinded by this ability...

Octavia

1. Conductor mod should be a default feature of Resonator. Maybe the mod could instead increase Octavia's ability strength for each follower she has.

Revenant

1. The maximum number of Thralls from Enthrall should be affected by ability strength.
  2. Allies shouldn't be able to kill Thralls. Instead, holding the ability to deactivate all Thralls.
  3. He needs a completely new passive. With Mesmer Skin, you never have your shields broken... Maybe some benefit that scales with his current shield as Styanax.
  4. I won't add anything else here cause he needs a full rework, making an Eidolon + Sentient + Vampire Warframe altogether wasn't a good idea.

Rhino

1. Rhino Charge should be affected by melee mods. Therefore, it should have x2 critical damage, 10% critical chance, 10% status chance. There are plenty of abilities that do, such as Atlas' Landslide with melee.

Saryn

1. Molt Shield and Health should be affected by Ability Strength and Shield and Health mods (Health is already only affected by Ability Strength).
  2. Contagion Cloud mod should be affected by damage mods from the weapon (base damage, multishoot and toxic damage).

Titania

1. Tribute should have its bonuses affected by Ability Duration and Ability Strength (with probably some caps to the damage reduction).

Trinity

1. Energy Vampire should scale inversely proportional to Ability Duration. Having to reduce your duration for faster energy is ridiculous. With high duration, it takes ages unless you kill the enemy.
  2. Link should have a higher duration (12s -> 20s) and the number of targeted enemies should be increased with Ability Strength (considering that the damage reduction doesn't...).
  3. Champion's Blessing mod should affect allies.
  4. Personally, I think she needs a bit of a rework. She is good, but nowadays champions aren't pure support, pure defense, pure damage, etc. They now have multiple roles like Styanax.

Valkyr

1. Rip Line should be affected by melee mods. Therefore, it should have x2 critical damage, 10% critical chance, 10% status chance. There are plenty of abilities that do, such as Atlas' Landslide with melee.

I get what you're going for with each of these ideas, so I hope you don't take this offensively when I offer my more simplistic ideas:

Ash

1. buff his passive from its current +25% bleed dmg, to +50%(this will buff both Shuriken and Blade Storm)
  2. I disagree with your Shuriken changes. instead just double Shuriken dmg from 500 to 1000, and increase max shurikens thrown from 2 to 4
  3. I agree with the Blade Storm targeting change if it'll work like Garuda's 4, but not with the dmg changes since it already works with melee mods and does enough dmg. Instead, increase the number of clones from 2 to 4 so that the ability can deal its dmg faster when there is a lot of targets

Banshee

1. 500 dmg is pretty weak. I'd rather have Sonic Boom put enemies to sleep for X duration(ragdoll + sleep is a hilarious cc combo and players would immediately like it when picking her up)
  2. I like the idea, but it would be useless in missions like Survival where enemies are permanently aware of players. A better idea for her passive would be a dmg buff against enemies that don't see her.

Caliban

1. as long as this stacks multiplicatively with mods like Fast Deflection, sure, why not

Equinox

1. I'd rather fix Pacify's varying dmg reduction, buff its range, and change the part where it infinitely increases its energy drain per affected enemy to more of Gloom's mechanic where its energy drain per affected enemy caps at a certain number of enemies. But sure, overshields on Mend, why not

Excalibur

1. Currently, I'd say Excal is in a really good spot. Only thing I think he needs: when you use Radial Javelin while Exalted Blade is active, Excal also summons 12(if not 12, then at least 6) extra javelins that will fire towards his crosshairs. This makes the Furious Javelin augment a more consistent dmg buff, and makes Excal more fun with ability combos.

Frost

• My Frost was already pretty strong in end-game content before DE mentioned this but Frost as well as Cold buffs are coming, so here's the timestamped link: 

Gara

1. kinda disagree. Shattered Lash one shots SP enemies already... but if players really want to then sure, why not

Hydroid

1. This is a pretty redundant QoL buff. If we're talking Plunder, I'd rather focus on the augment. If you understand the nature of the base ability as a Duration based buff, you'll see that it's quite debilitating to be casting the augment repeatedly just to heal once, which will override your previous cast of the buff for the newer, regardless if the newer cast has less enemies affected. I'd rather have either #1) the augment change from an instant heal to a Duration based heal over time or #2) the base ability is buffed to always keep the higher number of stacks when casting the ability while it's already active. Both options have their merits, but both are better than just some... UI improvement.

Inaros

1. Praise Pablo, the mummy king lives again

Khora

1. disagree. Whipclaw easily one shots SP enemies already

Loki

1. disagree, the buffs to his abilities and augments have him in a good spot now. I understand this post was made before that, but he's fine now

Mag

1. Better idea: change her passive to "increased energy orb drop chance on a kill depending upon number of magnetic procs on the target" and have her 1, 3, and 4 apply magnetic procs.(this will work well with the upcoming Magnetic buffs)
  2. disagree, her 4 is already better for overshields. I know enemy armor changes are on the way, but I'd rather have Polarize's armor strip be more consistent by changing it to be a percentage instead of a flat value. Her 4 augment already exists though, so to distinguish it more we can have Polarize's base strip value be lower but also strip shields.
  3. disagree. Magnetize + Polarize is already fine, but if we're buffing Magnetize, I'd rather focus on the Protective part(the part where she literally wiped out a whole army in the cinematic intro). First, give her 100% dmg reduction against guns(like Zephyr's Turbulence) when you hold 2 because sometimes a random bullet will still get through and hit you, and that just feels wrong. Second, when you hold 2, buff the absorption multiplier's base value and have the ability be able to proc Blast(it already deals Blast dmg, so the upcoming Blast changes will help a lot as well).

Mesa

1. i understand how annoying it is for your two buffs not to have same durations, but a simpler answer is to just make Shatter Shield recastable
  2. however, we can NOT make Shooting Gallery recastable without completely messing with the nature of the ability. think about it: the buff cycles between each player in the squad, so if we were able to recast it, the two other players in a 4 player squad might not ever benefit from the ability. If we're buffing Shooting Gallery, I'm sure everyone would agree that we'd rather focus on the dmg part. I'd rather replace the dmg buff with something fun like a bullet ricochet buff(e.g. Lato Incarnon), but I'm sure you could just add a zero to the end of the dmg buff and call it a day.
  3. I'd disagree but I don't care enough beyond that so if you really want to
  4. Here's how you easily fix Ballistic Battery: make the cap of stored dmg not based on a flat value but Duration based, and make the base Duration like 5 seconds

Nova

1. I, as well as two augments, would disagree

Oberon

1. i agree to all

Octavia

1. disagree. this would remove the base ability's capability to be recastable. i know, small gripe, but she already has an invisibility buff, armor buff, and two aggro abilities. Octavia needs a rework for the weirdest reason: she's OP but no one stays awake long enough to play her boring kit. If we could replace what makes her OP for something that's still valuable but actually fun and engaging to play with, I'd be all for it.

Revenant

1. disagree
  2. disagree. Helminth and Mind Control exist, if that's really bugging you
  3. agree
  4. agree. i wish DE stuck with the vampire theme they originally pitched in their devstream, especially for mmorpg/DnD/fantasy fans. imagine you're a new player: no one's gonna get excited over an "eidolon warframe", but you hear there's a "vampire warframe" in the game? you're farming that immediately lol

Rhino

1. I get wanting Rhino Charge to do dmg, but new players get this man super early(they're gonna want to try different guns), and also Roar exists. If we're buffing Rhino Charge, I'd rather replace the ragdoll effect with something like Hydroid's Tidal Surge's buffed enemy grouping effect; it would synergize well with the augment too.
    • added note: I would personally add a visual aura around Rhino when he casts Iron Skin that shows the ability's aggro radius, and also change the ability's aggro grabbing capability from being only on cast to constantly pulling enemies' aggro when they're within the aura.
      • extra added note: for anyone that didn't know, yes, Iron Skin has aggro grabbing capabilities(it's not listed anywhere in-game nor on the wiki, but it does). It's aggro grabbing strength is currently 2nd only to Octavia's Resonator, and shares that 2nd place spot with Titania's Lantern(enemies will flock to the Lantern and not shoot, but they will point their guns straight at you. it's kinda hilarious tbh).

Saryn

1. hard disagree. Molt's health scales endlessly the same way Iron Skin does, making it an effective aggro grabbing ability. only thing i'd add is the same thing I said about Rhino's Iron Skin: a visual aura(which I think all aggro abilities in this game needs, or their aggro range should at least be displayed in-game)
  2. soft disagree. it's already affected by Strength. if it's not enough, just keep it simple and buff the augment's dmg

Titania

1. disagree. having 4 buffs in 1 ability that only costs 25 energy is already great, but the secret sauce is summoning more Razorflies with each active Tribute buff. If built right, Titania's Razorflies devour SP enemies like the 8th plague of Egypt

Trinity

1. hard disagree with the approach but I agree with the reason. Therefore, I offer a simpler approach: instead of 4 pulses of 25 energy, just make it 1 pulse of 100 energy.(and for anyone that uses high Strength + viral proc builds, I don't really care if this means Trinity loses her True dmg combo with Energy Vampire. It's not fun, and this will make the ability better regarding its actual intended use anyway).
    • added note: it would also help to be able to hold her 2 to sacrifice Trinity's energy to her team, in the case where there's no enemies around(e.g. your team just finished a wave of Defense, everyone is low on energy except for Trinity, there's no enemies around, you hold 2, you spend 50 energy but everyone gains 50 energy)
  2. hard disagree. Link is the only ability in her kit that does nothing for Trinity's team. I'd rather change the ability to tether to other players instead of enemies, and provide a more proactive buff instead of dmg reduction and status resistance. If we're addressing the Duration issue, I'd rather have the ability work like a channeled ability, to make her overall kit more dynamic instead of being mainly all Duration based buffs.
  3. agree but it needs more. First, I mentioned Link shouldn't give allies dmg reduction and status resistance; that's because I believe those qualities will be better distributed to/utilized by your team if they're applied via Blessing, so buff Blessing's dmg reduction from 75% to 90%, and add status resistance as well. Second, Blessing's dmg reduction conflicts directly with its augment wanting to heal your team. Instead, I suggest changing the augment to grant more Critical Chance the more dmg Blessing reduces within the first 5 seconds of cast(so yes, this will work similarly to Harrow's Covenant). Third, have the buff apply to all weapons, not just Primary and Secondary.
  4. If I could do one more buff, I'd look at Trinity's passive. Jade, the next upcoming warframe, already got dibs on reviving from a distance, which is something I've wanted for Trinity for a long time now. So instead, I'd rework her passive to slow bleedout of her allies within Affinity radius by(at the very least) 50%. The end-game content we've been getting recently tends to have that modifier where our bleedout timers don't recover. Having this as Trinity's passive has the potential to save your whole squad from wiping, while also tying into her theme of being a healer/stabilizing the injured/delivering first aid.

Valkyr

1. disagree. there's a reason why Wukong's Iron Jab was removed from the game: why use a single target dmg ability when you can just fire your gun? the ability's ragdoll is annoying, ruining your movement if you intended to use the ability for mobility purposes, and sends enemies flying past you. I'd say go all in on the movement aspect of this ability, and change it so that using Rip Line on an enemy sends Valkyr flying towards the enemy instead of vice versa(finally, we can roleplay Attack on Titan in Eidolon Hunts). If the ability really needs dmg, I'd say let it armor strip the target and leave it at that.