The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Phorid insta kill attack

Phoenix_Rose

so Shield Gating has been in the game for a long time now, and has well set in as the thing keeping you alive sometimes. but there is a boss that DE thought would be funny to have a nattack that bypasses this shield gating.

this attack is Phorids tracking spikes that it shoots out. it literally insta kills you. i haven't checked out other frames other than Revenante Prime, but from my testing with him yes, that attack if it hits you will literally insta kill you. i have no idea why this Boss's Spike attack bypasses the shield gating put in place, but it is something that needs to be looked into.

i only recently found out about this after watching a youtube video and thinking "no, there is no way it insta kills you, we have shield gating" but yeah it straight up insta kills you. it thankfully does not bypass Revenantes Mesmer skin though. so that's at least good. but i can see this boss being annoying for new players should they wish to fight it for Nyx.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-01-28 at 4:46 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Because it's 100% toxin.

the flying infested drones when they do their dash forward attack and leave a trail of toxin cloud, that is 100% toxin damage yet it does not insta kill you. so it's still weird that Phorids attack does

1 minute ago, Phoenix_Rose said:

the flying infested drones when they do their dash forward attack and leave a trail of toxin cloud, that is 100% toxin damage yet it does not insta kill you. so it's still weird that Phorids attack does

Those can hurt too, but they do their damage over time instead of instantly, giving time to move out of the cloud.  And at an equivalent level, I'd hope they'd also be less damaging in total.  Because it's poor design to make common enemy attacks more damaging than boss attacks.

30 minutes ago, Phoenix_Rose said:

There are many examples of toxic insta killing frames especially on steel path. This is not exclusive to phorid. It is still annoying.