The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does Frost lose overguard upon falling off the map ?

Waeleto

Question

4 answers to this question

I think this follows the same pattern as Overguard in Nulli fields.  Frost, Rhino, and Atlas Overguard get nullified, Kullervo and Styanax Overguard don't.  Why?  No idea.  It seems weirder that  two of them last through nullification (and presumably falling off the map) than that three of them behave  as I'd expect.

25 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Frost, Rhino, and Atlas Overguard get nullified

Rhino is easy: his "overguard" isn't real, it's just his original Iron Skin -- the patch notes confirm none of the code under the hood changed, just the UI elements used to portray it. So yeah, totally vulnerable to nullifiers

Frost's is probably a squad buff. You lose Warding Safeguard when you get nullified, so whatever code takes Safeguard away from you is probably in play on Icy Avalanche too

And Atlas, well that one's obvious, the overguard is tied to him being a Rumbler. Lose Rumbler, lose overguard

29 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Kullervo and Styanax Overguard don't

Kullervo's overguard seems to work more like overshields, and nullifiers can't do anything to Overshields

Styanax's overguard is probably sharing the code for Killer's Confidence, and nullifiers can't take your decrees away

14 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Rhino is easy: his "overguard" isn't real, it's just his original Iron Skin -- the patch notes confirm none of the code under the hood changed, just the UI elements used to portray it. So yeah, totally vulnerable to nullifiers

Frost's is probably a squad buff. You lose Warding Safeguard when you get nullified, so whatever code takes Safeguard away from you is probably in play on Icy Avalanche too

And Atlas, well that one's obvious, the overguard is tied to him being a Rumbler. Lose Rumbler, lose overguard

Kullervo's overguard seems to work more like overshields, and nullifiers can't do anything to Overshields

Styanax's overguard is probably sharing the code for Killer's Confidence, and nullifiers can't take your decrees away

I'm not wondering why things are the way they are technically, though I do think guessing about the reasons is very fun. 

I just wonder what Pablo would say--if we got him drunk--about why special treatment for Kullervo and Styanax is justified.  Other than something along the lines of, "The code is a mess and we've got more important things to do."  Or, "What, first I've heard of it." Or, "Have you seen my cat pictures?" :P