Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Emblem = Ripoff Or At The Very Least Lacking In Information

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

One of my biggest pet peeves with developers and any company alike is leaving out hidden charges.  

Selling the Clan Badge for 30 Platinum is one thing... but you don't even tell us it's 150 f*** platinum to upload one single picture - I just got finished being disappointed after having to google instructions on how to upload the emblem (since even that isn't stated anywhere in game?) 

I wouldn't have even purchased the badge, had that been mentioned in it's description.  I mean come on...
30 platinum translates into roughly $1.75 here... but 170 platinum is $10... that's a huge price gap considering what I THOUGHT I was getting... the total for the badge to work, realistically is $11.75, so instead of trying to sell it off as a cheap item... put it in the store for 170 Platinum and have it include one free picture upload.

The way I see it, you owe it to players to include that information in the item's description - you could argue they're two seperate items, but let's be fair, one doesn't function without the other...

so I think this should be bundled with atleast 1 upload included in the price because this is lunacy, I'm not mad about the $1.75 but the principle...  I've been pushing this game on my friends heavy trying to promote this great game, I even dropped $70+ into it so far in an attempt to help support it... so for me to now encounter what I see as a negligent and selfish undermining, kinda makes me feel dumb and ripped off... almost everything is free... but the things you have to pay for, you have to pay for again?    

You also have to take into account that us PS4 players are new to the Tenno community, 95% of us aren't going to be so intuitive as to get off our ps4s and come onto the pc to see if we can upload an emblem here or in fact even know that "here" exists... this item is just horribly flawed all around, atleast for PS4 players given no useful info on it...

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

It's a F2P game, they don't owe you anything. I am seriously dying from laughing from all these "how come we "have" to spend money on ______" post from a game that is F2P....

If you want to see real ripoff, go get a Xbox One and Forza 5.

His complaint is about hidden fees/misrepresentation. Not about paying. Your intended point is invalid.

His complaint is about hidden fees/misrepresentation. Not about paying. Your intended point is invalid.

Thank you... if people can't understand the deception of being sold for 30, and really having to pay 180, then I truly shake my head.  The Clan Emblem can't be purchased any other way, but this is seriously misinformation and lacking... we have no ingame way of knowing how to upload a picture, and then when we do finally find out using friggin yahoo answers, we're graced with more charges... Pretty sad yahoo was the first source I was able to get info on the item...

And of course, now having already bought the Clan Emblem, I feel obliged or roped into actually buying a custom emblem,.. because there's not even defaults to cycle through... it's literally worth nothing until I upload my own picture.... or the emblem is a waste, I consider that shady tactics to trick me into feeling obliged to buy something...

Buy one half super cheap, then find out that it absolutely depends on a half that's 5x more expensive.  

As I said before, the money isn't the object, I'm more than happy to support this developers and the game... but I feel this is just plain insulting and if the devs can't see why then they might very well lose my patronage and I'll stick to the F2P aspect... I won't moan and threaten to leave the game, but this has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and I don't really feel encouraged to make more platinum purchases in the future.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

It's a F2P game, they don't owe you anything. I am seriously dying from laughing from all these "how come we "have" to spend money on ______" post from a game that is F2P....

If you want to see real ripoff, go get a Xbox One and Forza 5.

At what point does a business NOT owe their players something? If players aren't paying they aren't making any money. The value some players are willing to exchange for varies from person to person and while you may be willing to throw away hundreds of dollars on a game on a regular basis, most of us won't.

Pretty sure your post qualifies as trolling either way, and at the very least it's rude.

That said, the whole Clan Emblem is kind of disingenuous, however, I suppose people planning to run clans who are willing to spend money on having a custom emblem wouldn't be concerned about the cost, after all, many guild leaders run websites, rent voice chat services and host forums and wikis for their guild.

I had a similar feeling though, I was curious as to what it entailed and why everyone would want to have the same clan logo, so it mentioned uploading and looked up the process. That's when I saw the price difference and decided to skip on it.

I'm sure DE would refund the purchase though, check the stickied post in the Bug Report forum.

if they were to bunch the two together then everyone in the clan aside from the clan warlord would be over paying. Only the warlord has to play the 150 plat. to change it. all the other people in the clan get that uploaded image as they're clan emblem for the 30. I do agree that it was a little misleading when I did it as well. but hey.. It's just the way it is for some games, but it's entertaining enough to keep me playing it even with all the info drawbacks.. 

if they were to bunch the two together then everyone in the clan aside from the clan warlord would be over paying. Only the warlord has to play the 150 plat. to change it. all the other people in the clan get that uploaded image as they're clan emblem for the 30. I do agree that it was a little misleading when I did it as well. but hey.. It's just the way it is for some games, but it's entertaining enough to keep me playing it even with all the info drawbacks.. 

They should put a warning that the clan warlord needs to pay 150 platinum to change/add the clan emblem.

Or there should be a bundle with it and an emblem upload voucher

While you do make a good point, I still agree with ariaandkia that they should warn you and put a bundle for the warlord... now after all is said and done I've made myself what I think is a pretty sweet avatar and will soon put more platinum on my account to use it... since I've already gone half the way... but I do think it was an unfair tactic and really would appreciate if they updated the product description and put out a bundle for future players to not have to get their jimmies rustled.

I haven't CREATED a clan yet, but (if there isn't) maybe a simple window explaining all the features that are involved within the clan system and some asterisked notes detailing certain features that would require Plat.

This would cover the whole hidden aspect of the charges and at the same time not demote the sales aspect of these features in the game.

I'm all for supporting DE when it comes to Warframe....I enjoy this game and enjoy updates and expansions that will keep this game alive for me for years to come.....it's just that some players are new to this genre and marketing strategy so I agree that there could be some kind of notification aspect in the game or bundled prices of things that most definately do not go without the other.

I feel the same way on this topic. It felt a little shady to not mention that I needed to pay the extra cost to get the emblem customized, and on that note a few default emblems wouldn't be bad. However my problem, like the thread creators is not in the paying, (Just spend $20 buying ember and some other things.) but in the fact that it is not laid out for you upon purchase. Just a little more translucence would be nice.

Ah, yes, this is something that was brought up when Clan Emblems were first released.

A little step back in history to bring forward relevant info here (July https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/87926-july-29th-community-hot-topics/)

Quote from the Topic:

"A lot of people have been commenting and asking on the nature of monetizing these cosmetic options, with criticisms emerging on implementation and price. The Clan Emblem system is cosmetic, we are making improvements along the way to how it is presented (previews), but the system itself is fully cosmetic. Between bandwidth and manual screening, we need to prevent upload abuse while still offering this customization option."

Hope this helps!

Ah, yes, this is something that was brought up when Clan Emblems were first released.

A little step back in history to bring forward relevant info here (July https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/87926-july-29th-community-hot-topics/)

Quote from the Topic:

"A lot of people have been commenting and asking on the nature of monetizing these cosmetic options, with criticisms emerging on implementation and price. The Clan Emblem system is cosmetic, we are making improvements along the way to how it is presented (previews), but the system itself is fully cosmetic. Between bandwidth and manual screening, we need to prevent upload abuse while still offering this customization option."

Hope this helps!

I'm sorry... not to be rude... but that changes nothing.  I understand your reasoning for having it a monetized upload, again, that's not the part that makes me mad... and that very response leads me to be concerned you didn't even read this topic...

what I don't understand is why that information is NOT accessible in-game and why I had to find out AFTER making my purchase... the only way to know you can even upload your own emblem, is to come on the pc... which, what the hell, I'm playing the game on ps4, not pc.

is it really ethical to sell somebody something without providing them all relevant info?  A step back into history does nothing for PS4 players because our history here just started 2 weeks ago.  Many of us did not follow Warframe before this so you can't expect us to just know.

Again, provide the relevant information or a bundle... the current setup is just plain unfair and wrong.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

The current description in the market reads:

"An insignia that projects a holographic image of the clan emblem. Requires your clan's Warlord to upload an image of the clan emblem."

As you said, this neglects to mention the fee involved for the Warlord, putting users like you in an unexpected situation. You can make a support.warframe.com ticket if to request a refund for this 30 plat if you do not wish to have a Clan Emblem after finding out about the upload cost.

Feedback has been relayed to add clarity.

The current description in the market reads:

"An insignia that projects a holographic image of the clan emblem. Requires your clan's Warlord to upload an image of the clan emblem."

Feedback has been relayed to add clarity.

Yes you are correct it does read that and you're also right about the fee being neglected, thank you however for relaying my feedback, that's all I wanted and I highly appreciate it :) No need to submit a ticket, I'm gonna buy and upload my emblem soon enough, it was more the principle and helping prevent the same situation arising for other players in the future, but thank you :)

*I should also note I did look for the upload option in-game, it wasn't until after I couldn't find it that I looked it up, perhaps letting people know that it can only be uploaded on pc*

Edited by (PS4)lagrue