The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you help with Banshee shield regen build?

MutoManiac

Question

Hi all! Trying out Banshee for SP and is a lot of fun. My playstyle involves tanky builds (since I don't move around like lightning) using guns and no melee or primers. I saw a video on YT that I can no longer find (relevant part was maybe 3 secs long) which showed Banshee along with some new shield mechanic. I don't remember if it was an arcane, shard or mod but with the help of the Fast Deflection mod, she would get her shields back really fast. I don't think it was a shield gate build and I don't think it matters that it was Banshee. I think it was just to show how even Banshee can be tanky with the new shield mechanics. 

So can anyone offer some tips and on a tanky shield regen build for her? If the only way is shield gating, I guess I can try to get that playstyle down, but I don't do long endurance runs. Does she also absolutely need an augment and which one would you use? TYIA

6 answers to this question

I sometimes use a kind of shield regen build in SP.  Shield gate is still an important component, but I don't go out of my way to leverage that.  There's no secret gimmick to it:  Primed Vigor, Fast Deflection, Rolling Guard.  (Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Augur Reach, Transient Fortitude, Resonance, Handspring, and usually Enemy Radar are the other mods.)  Aegis and Energize for arcanes.    A robotic companion with a good status weapon,  Manifold Bond and Guardian is very helpful.  (And maybe that's the sooper sekret, if anything is.)

No shards, and no Helminth.  Though if i were serious about the build, I'd put at least one each of casting speed and parkour velocity on there, and replace Quake with Breach Surge or Condemn.  (Or Pillage, but Pillage just feels too cheesy to me.)  I might explore Adaptation, Vazarin, or Rakta Dark Dagger for harder content like Archon Hunts, Netra Cells and the like, but this works fine for basic SP.  Honestly there, as long as I keep moving, I don't even get a shield gate very often.

If you don't have Primed Vigor, I think Primed Redirection would work even better most of the time, but I like having some health buffer for toxin.  Regular Vigor should work  if that's a concern for you as well.  (And if you really don't want to go the Catalyzing Shields route.)  Aegis should be replaceable with Barrier or any useful arcane. 

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

Fast Deflection and Vigilante Vigor together probably can give you enough window for your shields to regen by the time silence stun wears off from enemies.
It might not be on topic, but I'd also recommend trying Octavia's Resonator, or Mesa's Shooting Gallery with the augment. The latter has let me play Banshee without being squishy even before the shield reworks. After the shield reworks however I even tried Pillage on her, and while I don't build her for enough ability strength to strip in one cast, Sonar lets you do enough damage for that to not be a problem at all. Pillage, Primed Redirection and Adaptation basically lets me play Banshee on SP as a shield tank, but of course if you go for very high levels (which most players don't) a Catalyzing Shields build might provide more survivability. But if you have a lot of energy to spend, maybe it's even better since Shield Gate duration scales with your max shields now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I sometimes use a kind of shield regen build in SP.  Shield gate is still an important component, but I don't go out of my way to leverage that.  There's no secret gimmick to it:  Primed Vigor, Fast Deflection, Rolling Guard.  (Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Augur Reach, Transient Fortitude, Resonance, Handspring, and usually Enemy Radar are the other mods.)  Aegis and Energize for arcanes.    A robotic companion with a good status weapon,  Manifold Bond and Guardian is very helpful.  (And maybe that's the sooper sekret, if anything is.)

If you don't have Primed Vigor, I think Primed Redirection would work even better most of the time, but I like having some health buffer for toxin.  Regular Vigor should work  if that's a concern for you as well.  (And if you really don't want to go the Catalyzing Shields route.)  Aegis should be replaceable with Barrier or any useful arcane. 

you sure Vigilante Vigor isn't preferable over Shield Capacity? i'd find it unlikely that it wouldn't be, tbh
less actual Regen but your Delay will be pretty short...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you sure Vigilante Vigor isn't preferable over Shield Capacity? i'd find it unlikely that it wouldn't be, tbh
less actual Regen but your Delay will be pretty short...

Honestly I'd forgotten Vigilante Vigor existed.  Considering how rarely I think I dip into shield gate, VV probably is better.   But I'd want to test it.  It could also make a good replacement for a non shield mod in cases where the extra tank would be helpful.

33 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

No shards, and no Helminth.  Though if i were serious about the build, I'd put at least one each of casting speed and parkour velocity on there, and replace Quake with Breach Surge or Condemn.  (Or Pillage, but Pillage just feels too cheesy to me.)  I might explore Adaptation, Vazarin, or Rakta Dark Dagger for harder content like Archon Hunts, Netra Cells and the like, but this works fine for basic SP.  Honestly there, as long as I keep moving, I don't even get a shield gate very often.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I was using resonance and now just fell in love with Sonic Fracture which can armor strip 100%. Is resonance that much better in general cause I only have room for one augment as I also like to keep some health.

Just now, MutoManiac said:

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I was using resonance and now just fell in love with Sonic Fracture which can armor strip 100%. Is resonance that much better in general cause I only have room for one augment as I also like to keep some health.

I do switch between them, but I use Resonance more. Partly because I find it more fun, partly because with the weapons I normally use, Resonance is good enough against armor in basic SP.    And when I need to armor strip something beefier like an Acolyte, casting Sonic Boom three times will do it without an augment.

• Like 1