The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a toggle for sprinting?

Xylia

Never really got into Diablo on that topic, which I know might not make sense since I enjoy Warframe and the two games have similarities in game design (mostly the "mook lawnmower" part).

I just never felt like I was in direct control with isometric ARPGs, and a lot of them that came out after Diablo 2 always seemed to lean further and further into being one-button stat blob design (hyperbole I know, but still that's how it felt when I tried them) and the number crunch to actual input ratios always felt off to me.

16 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

I think Ivara is really the only meaningful part of the game that benefits from not sprinting, since at present her design is that sprint breaks her stealth.

Though honestly, I think they could easily tweak that design to make it not an issue.  Make Prowl force the same slow movement it does now, with no option to sprint until Prowl has been deactivated or been disrupted via bullet jump, etc.  Unless I'm forgetting something, I think that would solve the issue, allowing anyone to use a "sprint by default" option without hindering Ivara.

That would work, I like the toggle option though set and forget, I can move pretty fast while cloaked and doing a modified form of bullet jumping by cutting out the key that would break my prowl.

Not that it matters too much my Ivara can take a hit or two before I go back into Prowl, so I can move around to get somewhere ok until I need to use Prowl.

7 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

If you have any good controller recommendations lmk. I've been using PS4 controllers even though I play on PC.

Depends on what you're playing.

For anything 3D, Thumbsticks are going to be better than D-Pads, and for those I use a 360 controller, or did until mine finally started messing up after several years and I bought a somewhat cheaper clone that's been going good for awhile now.

For anything 2D, such as side-scrollers and top-down games, or emulation, I tend to want a D-pad and indeed, a Playstation controller is good. I bought a PS4 controller not too long ago because PS5s are still a bit exorbitantly expensive.

Before that, I had been using a PS1/2 -> USB adapter as I had some old Dualshock and Dualshock2 controllers laying around, but sadly the Start button wore out on those and the adapter itself is a D-Input device, and most games nowadays will only see X-Input for some stupid reason, so it was getting to be a pain to use for anything other than emulators.

17 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Favorite class in D2?

Necromancer, even though he struggled once you get into higher level mobs since minions just get one shot. Maybe I should have put more into corpse explosion.Ah well. Still fun times.

On 2024-01-30 at 10:07 AM, UnstarPrime said:

I think Ivara is really the only meaningful part of the game that benefits from not sprinting, since at present her design is that sprint breaks her stealth.

Though honestly, I think they could easily tweak that design to make it not an issue.  Make Prowl force the same slow movement it does now, with no option to sprint until Prowl has been deactivated or been disrupted via bullet jump, etc.  Unless I'm forgetting something, I think that would solve the issue, allowing anyone to use a "sprint by default" option without hindering Ivara.

DE just needs to modernize Prowl. Firstly, remove the movement restrictions entirely, as no other stealth frame has movement restrictions. Then, remove the energy penalties for taking damage and using melee attacks. To balance for that, however, increase the drain from its current laughable 1 energy per second to a more reasonable 5 energy per second. These are really the only adjustments Ivara needs in general, to be honest.

Artemis Bow is still an exalt that isn't an exalt (tons of arbitrary restrictions no other exalt has), but that requires a lot more discussion to come to a conclusion of how to proceed with fixing it. Plus, even with all the weirdness, Artemis Bow is still very strong (even on Steel Path), so it's not a pressing issue in the first place.