The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Account Merging problem. Requesting [DE] developer assistance for possible solution.

I am aware of the clause in the rules for account merging for Console and PC if your PC account has done a Console migration. Sadly, this information was not available back when Warframe came to switch back in Nov 2018. I was excited to see that it did and migrated my PC copy to switch. I have since linked my pc, switch, and PlayStation accounts. However, I am unable to merge my Xbox account, which is older (2014) than my pc account (2015), to my pc account. I had made a lot of progress on both accounts and have already contacted support. [DE]Liane was kind enough to forward the support request, after talking some back and forth, up to [DE]Will since support can not manage or change the accounts to allow a merger or transfer items and such. Hopefully [DE]Will may be able to help or get back to me in support, email, or even on the forums. [DE]Liane recommended I post here in hopes of possibly being able to reach a developer. I am going to reiterate what I am asking by copying and summarizing what I put in support, but updating some info that was gone over and discussed in support.

----

I saw my account is ineligible for account merging because I made a copy of my PC account back on my Nintendo switch when it was first released on switch. I got back into my PC account on a later day when I had friends played and hardly touched my Switch account. I have also since barely touched my Xbox account as well. However I am wanting to merge my Xbox account with my PC account, which has never interacted with one another. There are items on my Xbox account which I have purchased and crafted and such which is why I would like to merge with my PC account including frames, weapons, and cosmetics I have not be able to reacquire on my PC account that I have spent money on. I am more than ok linking and losing the data on my switch and even PlayStation accounts, which I have done at the time of writing this, but I would very much like to get my items from my Xbox account more than anything so I don't lose all those weapons, frames, plat, accessories, etc. Is there absolutely no way for me to merge my Xbox account which has never done a copy over to another system to my PC account? Both of my accounts on PC and Xbox would be under the name/gamertag of HHfighter99.

----

Overall, I am hoping there can be an exception or possible work around of some kind for merging accounts if you have linked the accounts you had migrated since I migrated back when it came to switch in Nov 2018, but didn't know it would ruin the possibility to merge my pc and Xbox accounts, which was just a dream years ago before cross save and merging became a possibility, since on streams they said progress would likely remain separate back then. I have made progress on both accounts and obtained items I don't wish to lose like the Xbox skin packs and such. I so and will understand if there is no way to make it happen but would still be a little sad to see all that progress and gear have to turn to digital ash if I wanted my Xbox and pc accounts to be merged since I will be unable to reacquire a good bit of it. Thank you for reading this post and hopefully a solution can be found but if not I'll just have to either try and keep my xbox account alive or give in and link it and lose all the data and gear. Thank you for all your hard work over at Digital Extremes and on warframe and thank you for having a game I can come back to even after a long time and still enjoy with new friends, I hope all of you have a wonderful day and stay safe and happy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HHfighter99 said:

I am aware of the clause in the rules for account merging for Console and PC if your PC account has done a Console migration. Sadly, this information was not available back when Warframe came to switch back in Nov 2018. I was excited to see that it did and migrated my PC copy to switch. I have since linked my pc, switch, and PlayStation accounts. However, I am unable to merge my Xbox account, which is older (2014) than my pc account (2015), to my pc account. I had made a lot of progress on both accounts and have already contacted support. [DE]Liane was kind enough to forward the support request, after talking some back and forth, up to [DE]Will since support can not manage or change the accounts to allow a merger or transfer items and such. Hopefully [DE]Will may be able to help or get back to me in support, email, or even on the forums. [DE]Liane recommended I post here in hopes of possibly being able to reach a developer. I am going to reiterate what I am asking by copying and summarizing what I put in support, but updating some info that was gone over and discussed in support.

----

I saw my account is ineligible for account merging because I made a copy of my PC account back on my Nintendo switch when it was first released on switch. I got back into my PC account on a later day when I had friends played and hardly touched my Switch account. I have also since barely touched my Xbox account as well. However I am wanting to merge my Xbox account with my PC account, which has never interacted with one another. There are items on my Xbox account which I have purchased and crafted and such which is why I would like to merge with my PC account including frames, weapons, and cosmetics I have not be able to reacquire on my PC account that I have spent money on. I am more than ok linking and losing the data on my switch and even PlayStation accounts, which I have done at the time of writing this, but I would very much like to get my items from my Xbox account more than anything so I don't lose all those weapons, frames, plat, accessories, etc. Is there absolutely no way for me to merge my Xbox account which has never done a copy over to another system to my PC account? Both of my accounts on PC and Xbox would be under the name/gamertag of HHfighter99.

----

Overall, I am hoping there can be an exception or possible work around of some kind for merging accounts if you have linked the accounts you had migrated since I migrated back when it came to switch in Nov 2018, but didn't know it would ruin the possibility to merge my pc and Xbox accounts, which was just a dream years ago before cross save and merging became a possibility, since on streams they said progress would likely remain separate back then. I have made progress on both accounts and obtained items I don't wish to lose like the Xbox skin packs and such. I so and will understand if there is no way to make it happen but would still be a little sad to see all that progress and gear have to turn to digital ash if I wanted my Xbox and pc accounts to be merged since I will be unable to reacquire a good bit of it. Thank you for reading this post and hopefully a solution can be found but if not I'll just have to either try and keep my xbox account alive or give in and link it and lose all the data and gear. Thank you for all your hard work over at Digital Extremes and on warframe and thank you for having a game I can come back to even after a long time and still enjoy with new friends, I hope all of you have a wonderful day and stay safe and happy.

Unfortunately nobody on the forum has any power to help you, the only way to get a solution would be to take it back to a support ticket, hope you get this sorted.

• Like 1

the same old story all over again at anothers door ... why is no officall talking about this dilemma of Pc-to-console migrated merge thing not possible

post over post hundred or thousands are involved of this mess ,which all started years ago mostly with switch migration

but till this day i never saw a post or comment or devstream mention about any solution

its like accept it and die in silence loose your progress everyone holds dear to them and dont wanna lose in a silly linking erasing every bit of progress made in the last years

just give us some sort of signal that you see us ....and dont talk about 300k+ succesfull LINKs

all what we want it is merging for everyone no exceptions

• Like 3

-PLM-Kiski73 I can understand where you are coming from but there have to be exceptions and rules or people will exploit the system however they can. I think if the two accounts have never interacted with one another via migration then you should be allowed to merge them, otherwise you link them and lose 1 account or you can only merge 1 console account that was not migrated to your pc account. But I can also see why this would be a problem if there were no rules in place for mergers where people make new console accounts just to constantly merge them to the pc account since the console accounts do not need xbox live, ps+, and such to play online. They have had to think these things through for years before it was finally implemented. I am hoping there can be solutions or they can address reason for some things and unforseen problems like the switch migration and such but overall I am still going to play and enjoy the game even if I have to leave my xbox account sitting on the shelf as more of a trophy. It would be sad if I can't merge my xbox and pc accounts but I also understand they all work hard to try and find the best solution for the community as a whole. Best we can do is try to make the issue known and seen in a nonhostile way and hopefully they can address the problems or maybe even find solutions that wont ruin the balance or allow people to exploit the game they but so much time and effort into.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:31 PM, HHfighter99 said:

Yes, I said so in my post. Developers read these forums so they linked me here and said I should make a post here as a possibility even if its a small one.

How about tagging me so i can respond next time, i’m aware of what you said the message i sent was more in the line if general surprise to support sending you to forums, and yes DE members use the forums and it may be a slim possibility you get looked at but the forum members and mods can’t help you but anyway good luck.

@HHfighter99 yes your right im not for the guys who wants to merge original and migrated accounts i myself lost my old PC account and played on switch after a while a started anew on PC after crossave was announced to hope i can merge progress of both together so i dont have to afrm as much again as before (frames,weapons ,etc) and those sitations are many like mine and thats not fair and a simple limit how many accounts you can merge per console is as always a good rule but migration which happend years ago to cancel out afterwards is kinda unfair especially it was after the cutoff date announced this was not possible .years of hoping and waiting being shatterd in an instant , thats the feeling im having right but still im playing and enjoying this game but such aspect had been diliverd earlier and clearer

just hoping there is some change on the way at somepoint

or someone mention the problem on some devstream/post etc then im more happier instead of a simple NO