The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis ADS accuracy bug?

cweethedestroyer

Question

I'm using a Vectis prime with the Vile Precision mod on Gauss with Energized Munitions subsumed and a macro to make the Vectis effectively automatic. I was under the impression that ADS gives perfect accuracy on snipers and I haven't been able to find anything to the contrary. Vile Precision has completely removed any recoil after a negligible bump from the first shot, below is a picture of a few mags I dumped into the wall while aiming down sights. I tested it with the mod Stabilizer and it had a similar effect. I swapped Vile Precision for Twitch in the second picture and the spread disappeared (double checked by shooting while moving). In every other scenario where I've tested the recoil, the bullets seem to reasonably map on the the crosshair's location at the time the bullet is fired. Where does the spread come from in this specific situation? Is this a bug?

Yl8Dbq6.png

YAStAvv.png

Edited by cweethedestroyer
wording unclear
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

Playing around with this a bit with a four shot Vectis Prime, I'd add a detail:  pausing for a moment between shots increases accuracy to perfect or near as I can tell...even when there truly is no visible recoil. Vile Precision + Stabilizer + Deadhead + Twitch.

Rapid fire, it's all over the place, especially without Twitch's buff.  If I add Reflex Draw's buff on top of that it narrows down to what I'd call "very accurate".  But still not the accuracy I get if I pause between shots.

So it seems like it's phantom recoil of some sort.

1 hour ago, cweethedestroyer said:

Vile Precision has completely removed any recoil after a negligible bump from the first shot

This isn't important, but I'll note that with Vile Precision alone, I do see recoil on all four shots.  It's dinky, but it's there.  Same on the second shot of a two shot regular Vectis.  I don't have Energized Munitions injected at the moment to easily test more than that.

so, yes, and no.

when you use Fine Aim with Sniper Rifles, Bows, and such, you do get a perfect 0° of Spread. however, this does not prevent you getting some Spread increase from firing itself. if you spray super fast, you'll end up with some Spread.

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

so, yes, and no.

when you use Fine Aim with Sniper Rifles, Bows, and such, you do get a perfect 0° of Spread. however, this does not prevent you getting some Spread increase from firing itself. if you spray super fast, you'll end up with some Spread.

thx for the explanation, I guess I'll stick to swapping every 8 seconds cause at least twitch and reflex draw seem to counteract the spread.

They should honestly remove the spread increase cause this is the only situation I've ever seen it apply. The recoil/fire rate have been big enough gates to prevent just about anyone else from having this problem as far as I've seen and its completely counterintuitive that a bullet wouldn't go where the gun is pointing if you are looking down a sniper scope

26 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

This isn't important, but I'll note that with Vile Precision alone, I do see recoil on all four shots.  It's dinky, but it's there.  Same on the second shot of a two shot regular Vectis.  I don't have Energized Munitions injected at the moment to easily test more than that.

yeah I just kind of meant negligible in the sense that it definitely wasn't causing that horrendous spread

10 hours ago, cweethedestroyer said:

They should honestly remove the spread increase cause this is the only situation I've ever seen it apply. The recoil/fire rate have been big enough gates to prevent just about anyone else from having this problem as far as I've seen and its completely counterintuitive that a bullet wouldn't go where the gun is pointing if you are looking down a sniper scope

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it's entirely logical, so idk that i could ask for anything else - all of the other Guns in the game abide by the same principles with this, and they're all still Guns (well, almost all, some things aren't Guns).