The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Combo Count Chance on Swordsman Flourish on (Hate) Incarnon not interacting with neg CCC riven

Avalix

I have a hate riven with a negative Combo count chance, of -94.4%

Despite putting Swordsman's Flourish on my Hate Incarnon upgrade on Evo II and equipping the riven, the +100% combo count chance on the evolution does not seem to offset the negative CCC and I still cant gain combo count due to the low chance of 5.6% to gain combo count on the riven.

To recreate: 

1) Equip neg CCC riven on Hate

2) Use Swordsman's Flourish on Evo II on its incarnon

Result: CCC on Swordsman's Flourish does not affect weapon's CCC, while the riven does. Seemingly no interaction between riven and incarnon mode

@Avalix To confirm - are you quick swapping to melee or manually equipping it? It looks like the +100% combo count chance only applied to manually equipping the melee (holding the weapon swap key, F by default), so it would not apply whatsoever if you're not doing that.

10 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

@Avalix To confirm - are you quick swapping to melee or manually equipping it? It looks like the +100% combo count chance only applied to manually equipping the melee (holding the weapon swap key, F by default), so it would not apply whatsoever if you're not doing that.

Yep, forgot to clarify, but I tried both manually equipping it aswell as only equipping a melee weapon, and both gives the result mentioned above. That being said if this does get fixed, it would be really nice if it wasnt bound to manual equip

If you equip True Punishment and the riven and no Swordsman's Flourish, can you gain combo?

I expect not.  The riven mod negative is worded differently and AFAIK has always worked differently than "+X Additional Combo Count Chance" and (more oddly) "+X Combo Count Chance".  The negative affects your chance to gain any combo, while the latter is your chance to gain extra if you successfully gain any.  Since your riven reduces the chance to zero, the bonus doesn't get a chance to take effect.

I'm not saying this isn't a bug.  Maybe it is, or maybe just an oversight, and some not great wording on DE's part. 

Edited by Tiltskillet

39 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

If you equip True Punishment and the riven and no Swordsman's Flourish, can you gain combo?

I expect not.  The riven mod negative is worded differently and AFAIK has always worked differently than "+X Additional Combo Count Chance" and (more oddly) "+X Combo Count Chance".  The negative affects your chance to gain any combo, while the latter is your chance to gain extra if you successfully gain any.  Since your riven reduces the chance to zero, the bonus doesn't get a chance to take effect.

I'm not saying this isn't a bug.  Maybe it is, or maybe just an oversight, and some not great wording on DE's part. 

After experimenting a little bit, it seems to work in the way you described, which sucks. Quickening's "+X Combo count chance" and True Punishment's "+X Additional Combo Count Chance" does help me increase combo by a bit more whenever I do gain it, but the rate at which I gain combo by hitting enemies feels the same as without them. I guess this is a bug? or at the very least extremely inconsistent wording and mechanics.

The only "fix" I can think of is to clarify and standardize the wordings, but I really do hope they change the mechanics and standardize them, cause this neg can't be offset by any mods unlike a lot of other stats and on higher dispo rivens makes the combo counter completely unusable and thus making the riven basically unusable/unwanted, which wouldnt be fair when comparing that neg stat in particular with other neg stats that you can actually do something about.

Edited by Avalix

35 minutes ago, Avalix said:

I really do hope they change the mechanics and standardize them, cause this neg can't be offset by any mods unlike a lot of other stats

That's a very good argument.  It really does make me think it's either a bug or an oversight.