The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Panthera Prime doesn't seem to do what it's supposed to

MethodOwn

"Alternate Fire launches a floating sawblade, dealing continuous Slash Damage"

When I use Alternate Fire I see no floating sawblade, just a beam coming out of the barrel that appears to do no damage at all.

39 minutes ago, MethodOwn said:

"Alternate Fire launches a floating sawblade, dealing continuous Slash Damage"

When I use Alternate Fire I see no floating sawblade, just a beam coming out of the barrel that appears to do no damage at all.

The sawblade is harder to see than the beam, and might be near-invisible depending on your energy color and how low your visual settings are.

I don't know why you're not seeing any damage, unless you're thinking the beam extends further than it does.  The base length is pretty short and takes a second to extend fully.  It is working for me.

Aw man, and here I was hoping this was a reminder about the forced spread on shots,
making it literally impossible to hit stuff when far enough away.

Like, as it is, Panthera Prime is basically just a worse Acceltra
(with a bounce gimmick of highly questionable value) that can't even shoot straight.

DE pls.

Anyway, to get back on-topic, the sawblade definitely shows up on my end, it's just covered in energy effects.
It also deals damage just fine (at short range).

14 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Aw man, and here I was hoping this was a reminder about the forced spread on shots,
making it literally impossible to hit stuff when far enough away.

/insert mandatory Quite Shy Panthera Prime review

[ Sorry, this content is no longer available. ]

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

The sawblade is harder to see than the beam, and might be near-invisible depending on your energy color and how low your visual settings are.

I don't know why you're not seeing any damage, unless you're thinking the beam extends further than it does.  The base length is pretty short and takes a second to extend fully.  It is working for me.

Oh. I was expecting it to LAUNCH a sawblade, akin to the radar disc of Zenith.

So it's supposed to be a nearly worthless weapon? Why would anyone use alternate fire or waste a potato if it's nothing but mastery fodder?

1 hour ago, MethodOwn said:

Oh. I was expecting it to LAUNCH a sawblade, akin to the radar disc of Zenith.

So it's supposed to be a nearly worthless weapon? Why would anyone use alternate fire or waste a potato if it's nothing but mastery fodder?

Depends on your perspective. If you're using the 25 or so most efficient farming weapons as a benchmark, it, along with about 475 others are all basically worthless.  OTOH when nothing will satisfy you but killing mooks with a saw beam rifle--and Convectrix is just too dang abstract for you--Panthera Prime is the best weapon in the game!

I do wish it had received some improvements.  But it's old, so about the only chance of that is an Incarnon adapter.  But that seems unlikely given that Incarnon Miter is already a thing.