The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Netracells are frustrating

Waeleto

Netracells might be the most frustrating activity introduced to warframe, from the terrible rewards to players who literally just refuse to kill enemies in the red circle
I don't think introducing a new activity that gives a guaranteed legendary arcane will make netracells any less frustrating because you're still gonna do 5 missions and get 5 terrible arcanes/melee adapters.

ATM it feels like not doing the netracells at all and ignoring their existence is less of hassle than doing them which isn't healthy for the game.

• Like 5

It's quite unfair that players get different rewards. I can think of two possible solutions:

A) rewards are guaranteed and announced by Tagfer before starting, and they rotate every week;

B) the only reward is a new currency used to purchase archon shards, legendary arcanes and other items.

Edited by VibingCat
  • Like 8

At the moment I have zero incentive to run the full five weekly. It's a long tedious process just to receive an arcane obtainable from Bird 3 for 7.5k standing.

I'd honestly rather they had endo or kuva bundles instead of the non-exclusive arcanes.

Certainly, getting a normal arcane sucks, but it's not a quest that takes more than 15 minutes (you can even do it in 5 minutes if everyone coordinates well enough) and at least the people I've played with have had enough attention spans to know what you have to kill inside the red circle.

1 hour ago, VibingCat said:

It's quite unfair that players get different rewards. I can think of two possible solutions:

A) rewards are guaranteed and announced by Tagfer before starting, and they rotate every week:

B) the only reward is a new currency used to purchase archon shards, legendary arcanes and other items.

To be honest they should give Archon shards guaranted - people are looking for shards after all. There is some chance for archons to be Tau, maybe make it like Archon hunts - 5 runs and you get Tau.

In addition you get arcanes, melee adapters and maybe something else.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Certainly, getting a normal arcane sucks, but it's not a quest that takes more than 15 minutes (you can even do it in 5 minutes if everyone coordinates well enough) and at least the people I've played with have had enough attention spans to know what you have to kill inside the red circle.

I've been running this solo since they were released and decided to try them public today, had to scream at people to kill in the red circle in the 5 netracells 

• Like 1

I generally seem a bit more positive to neutral on Netracells as far as Forum feedback from what I have seen. Yet even I, am looking forward to changes they make, introduce or whatever else they plan on changing to offset general Netracell issues. Its also one of those Warfame issues where, some peoples issue lay across multiple different aspects. Like the reward dilution, other players behaviours as far as red circles and killing, the enemy behaviour aggro mechanics, for some, the rewards are such, that they can feel obligated to run the mission, and so on, a few more. 

I play 80% of Netracells solo. Then a third of the time I do run a PUB, at the moment, it reminds me why i prefer to run solo. Since for every 2 smooth enjoyable Netracell runs I have had, I get one where players pull aggro outside the red circle and it takes way slower... Except when I do play solo, it can feel... more repetitive. No team mates or allies to synergise abilities with, no ones builds or fashion to notice, no banter or well wishing in chat. So one of my biggest issues is mission variety. I don't personally feel obligated to play, because of the rewards, but I'd still hope they (rewards, as a priority, but other stuff too) improved or offset other ways. 

Not sure if they will, but I hope they also change the shard fusion cost from 4 to 3 as well, because I can imagine that compounding the issue for some. Even if I am nit necessarily one of those people (at the moment at least). 

Honestly I can't even find a group for them because apparently people solo them specifically because they're just that frustrating.

I'm nowhere near kitted out enough to solo them either.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Honestly I can't even find a group for them because apparently people solo them specifically because they're just that frustrating.

Kullervo and a half-decent melee should see you through no sweat 😄

Do you really have this that often? because most of my runs were ok. Only a few were buggy, but otherwise I completed everything.

and yes, the rewards are rubbish. Above all, this is extremely inappropriate because it is very limited per week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waeleto said:

I've been running this solo since they were released and decided to try them public today, had to scream at people to kill in the red circle in the 5 netracells 

that's your problem right there. if you can solo them, why introduce additional unreliable people to the equation?

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

I noticed you mentioned this in a previous netracell thread, sounds like you feel as though you're missing out (which is debateable)

if you want, I'd be willing to take you on my runs this week, or help you do yours if I'm online. obviously I can't promise you'll get shards but I can definitely get you to the end and do all 5 runs in one session if you have the time. it's up to you of course. 

Just few points here:

- knowing how DE uses grinding walls for limiting new and powerful things (archon shards) you should already know that the chances u would get an archon shard from a netracell is purely anecdotic. Okay??

- because of what i stated above, the conclusion is netracells are for farming arcanes. Just that simple 

- the activity is very easy to complete because warframes are powerful enough for that. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Waeleto said:

I don't think introducing a new activity that gives a guaranteed legendary arcane will make netracells any less frustrating

TBF they said that they're also going to be making changes to Netracells, just that they won't have any details for us until February's devstream.

But yes, you can either increase Netracell longevity with an IRL timegate OR you make them have a bad reward pools/drop rates. You never do both, it's either one or the other.

5 hours ago, Aldain said:

As @Niramentions, Kullervo and a decent melee should get you through it solo. If you dont have access to him Rev is another safe choice if you have limited gearing options.

6 hours ago, quxier said:

To be honest they should give Archon shards guaranted - people are looking for shards after all. There is some chance for archons to be Tau, maybe make it like Archon hunts - 5 runs and you get Tau.

DE are never going to do that. If you make Netracells too rewarding it'll end up invalidating other sources like Archon Hunts. People have been skipping the Kahl missions for that very reason, despite having a guaranteed shard available in Chipper's wares. 

Keep in mind only the player needs to be in the red area. Not the enemies they're shooting.

I just solo them. It's not much slower and I'm almost entirely interested in Shards. I already blew around 90 Forma when I returned. I don't feel like dealing with the Melee arcane adapter setups right now. I used to use all types of melee but some of the stances are just such hot garbage now.

I already had to devote quite a few forma swapping Berserk for Primed Fury due to Eximus Overguard.

5 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I don't feel like dealing with the Melee arcane adapter setups right now. I used to use all types of melee but some of the stances are just such hot garbage now.

You only need melee influence, all the other melee arcanes don't even come close. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReddyDisco said:

You only need melee influence, all the other melee arcanes don't even come close. 

Oh I know. It's Rank 3 right now but not a single melee has an adapter on.

I dunno, maybe it's spite. They reduced melee damage output to 1/3 it's value then added a grindy Arcane to bring it back to 60-75% depending on you status weights. I get they wanted to get away from the melee combo damage multiplier but most melee still can't hit 100% crit without a Riven or Blood Rush.

They could have just paid better attention to melee stats. Not added this arcane and instead kept with more interesting ones like Intention.

17 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Oh I know. It's Rank 3 right now but not a single melee has an adapter on.

I dunno, maybe it's spite. They reduced melee damage output to 1/3 it's value then added a grindy Arcane to bring it back to 60-75% depending on you status weights. I get they wanted to get away from the melee combo damage multiplier but most melee still can't hit 100% crit without a Riven or Blood Rush.

They could have just paid better attention to melee stats. Not added this arcane and instead kept with more interesting ones like Intention.

I got mostly melee adaptors during first week of netracells, besides you can just buy them for 20p. Melee feels better now than before, tennokai, automlee and arcanes have made it fun again. well worth investing in melee again imo 

7 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

I got mostly melee adaptors during first week of netracells, besides you can just buy them for 20p. Melee feels better now than before, tennokai, automlee and arcanes have made it fun again. well worth investing in melee again imo 

Yea, I came back from a 5 year break so I'm just now mostly caught up. I haven't even had the chance to try Tennokai.

Went from previous max MR 26 to 32. Every frame but Citrine, All Primes but Pathera. Missing a few Incarnons. Starting to slow down now. I don't bother past T5 or 6 with Circuit anymore. I've been meaning to do some math on Tau Emerald +3 Corrosive to see if my theory they're the highest damage boost for most frames.

One issue and the reason I quit before is they kinda took away my reason for theory crafting by soft capping enemy defense.
In the end. The best tactic is to build defensive Vs Exponential Damage Scaling when it used to be a balance of Defense Vs Offense. Solo at least.

That's what annoyed me about the melee nerfs to begin with. They did a lot of damage but you're damage intake was a lot higher.
It was a problem that solved itself by just dying faster than using a gun.

1 hour ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:
8 hours ago, quxier said:

DE are never going to do that. If you make Netracells too rewarding it'll end up invalidating other sources like Archon Hunts. People have been skipping the Kahl missions for that very reason, despite having a guaranteed shard available in Chipper's wares. 

But shards would be random. I need Red shards for one build. Yet I'm not getting too much from Netracell. Archon hunt would still give me reliable way to get Red one. Slower, but reliable.

I don't see the problem. An easy 7-10 minute mission that has a chance at rewarding unique arcanes or extra Shards seems worth the effort to me. And it's not like the odds are unreasonable as there's a combined 46% chance at getting a decent reward (all shards + the unique Arcanes).

But as for players who refuse to engage in the run and/or don't know how it works that's not the fault of the content but of the players. Someone who's played the game long enough to reach the content in the first place should understand how the UI works. But as always the solution there is to stick to playing with friends or going solo.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, VibingCat said:

A) rewards are guaranteed and announced by Tagfer before starting, and they rotate every week:

As of now i personally still run the Netracells for it's prolly the only engaging game mode on sactum anatomica before the Dante update arrives, but i still cannot deny the lacklusting aspects of it's reward pool, and i must say that those are the most pleasing solutions i've seen someone sharing so far.

• Like 1