The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE change Firewalker fixed speed buff into a +slide +friction buff that is affected by strength.

Prof-Dante

I really want to explore this side of mobility in Warframe, that's why I've started to play Nezha more, and while Firewalker is great in many things, it's speed buff is limited, at only 25% no affected by anything.

it would make the most sense to change it into a massive slide and friction buff affected by power strength mods, it's Nezha after all, he's master of heat and friction. 

this also being a helminth ability would compete well with other mobility abilities in the helminth like infested mobility.

Honestly, I'd like this for Fire Walker too.  But I'd suggest the idea is better implemented as part of a new helminth ability.  Rather than change the existing ability from a fun status cleanse that happens to have a small sprint boost to a fun status cleanse that happens to have a slide and friction buff that a lot of people will suddenly find infuriating...especially with high strength.  

22 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Honestly, I'd like this for Fire Walker too.  But I'd suggest the idea is better implemented as part of a new helminth ability.  Rather than change the existing ability from a fun status cleanse that happens to have a small sprint boost to a fun status cleanse that happens to have a slide and friction buff that a lot of people will suddenly find infuriating...especially with high strength.  

I thought about this as well, how people who were comfortable with Firewalker's subtlety will now complain about it's overwhelming slide

But To be honest I don't want to be forced to sacrifice a potential damage buff like roar on Nezha for a helminth ability that gives me a slide boost, I want this buff to be part of his core kit.

20 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

I thought about this as well, how people who were comfortable with Firewalker's subtlety will now complain about it's overwhelming slide

But To be honest I don't want to be forced to sacrifice a potential damage buff like roar on Nezha for a helminth ability that gives me a slide boost, I want this buff to be part of his core kit.

Have you tried Streamlined Form?  And Cunning Drift / Maglev?

I absolutely hate slide and friction. There's a reason they gave Nezha an augment just to disable his passive and people use it over objectively better exilus mods.

I think the ability could use a change. This is not the change it needs. And removing the sprint buff would be pretty annoying cus a lot of people use it specifically for that.

I'd love to see it get a parkour velocity and aim-glide buff added, on top of it's existing features instead of replacing them. These two things aren't annoying to work around, are fun, and are in-line with the part of the Nezha legend that this ability is based off of, His flying wheels. Maybe also with the addition of extending the fire down while he's in the air to create walls of fire which would make the ability much more useful and interesting.

They could also give it synergies with his other abilities like have Charkram gain a stacking damage buff every time time it passes through the fire walls. And/or have walking through them yourself add hitpoints to warding halo.

God damn anything but slide friction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

I absolutely hate slide and friction. There's a reason they gave Nezha an augment just to disable his passive and people use it over objectively better exilus mods.

I think the ability could use a change. This is not the change it needs. And removing the sprint buff would be pretty annoying cus a lot of people use it specifically for that.

I'd love to see it get a parkour velocity and aim-glide buff added, on top of it's existing features instead of replacing them. These two things aren't annoying to work around, are fun, and are in-line with the part of the Nezha legend that this ability is based off of, His flying wheels. Maybe also with the addition of extending the fire down while he's in the air to create walls of fire which would make the ability much more useful and interesting.

They could also give it synergies with his other abilities like have Charkram gain a stacking damage buff every time time it passes through the fire walls. And/or have walking through them yourself add hitpoints to warding halo.

God damn anything but slide friction.

maybe make it a second exilus augment?

19 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

At that point you might as well just take maglev or streamlined form.

I have all the slide mods on, but my point was to see how far I can go with a buff that is affected by strength...similar to how some people mod for sprint speed mods to compliment Volt's speed.

I honestly don't understand where is the harm in that.

Edited by Qorvex99

44 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

where is the harm in that.

When you're asking to swap out a trait of an ability a lot of people like, for a mechanic that a lot of people hate. That's the harm.

If it was an augment? Sure. Except DE doesn't do multiple augments for the same ability as far as I'm aware. And the existing fire walker augment is good, and a lot of people would be pissed if more slide was tacked onto it. Nevermind

99.99% of players ether don't care about slide buffs at all, or actively hate when it's forced on them. Pointless if not detrimental use of development time.

Edited by PollexMessier
False information

6 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

If it was an augment? Sure. Except DE doesn't do multiple augments for the same ability as far as I'm aware.

There are several cases already (and there'll be more with the new augments they've announced for the next big update). For example, Spores has both Revealing Spores and Venom Dose, Hysteria has Enraged and Hysterical Assault, and then there are all the conclave augments that can be used in PvE. DE don't allow multiple augments for the same ability to be slotted at the same time, but multiple augments for an ability is very much a thing.

10 minutes ago, drnlmza said:

There are several cases already (and there'll be more with the new augments they've announced for the next big update). For example, Spores has both Revealing Spores and Venom Dose, Hysteria has Enraged and Hysterical Assault, and then there are all the conclave augments that can be used in PvE. DE don't allow multiple augments for the same ability to be slotted at the same time, but multiple augments for an ability is very much a thing.

Ah, well, consider me corrected on that one then.

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

99.99%

I feel like you're exaggerating, just to be against a buff that is honestly the bare minimum of annoying source of mobility in this game.

Zephyr has tailwind, that gives you little to no control once you use the Dash, and you always either end up hitting a wall for extended periods, or the weird bug where if you dash while on the ground it cuts the dash entirely.

Gauss' Mach rush is annoying sometimes, another power that causes you to hit walls more likely than not.

at least with slide and friction there is some sort of skill requirement, you can cancel the slide momentum by double jumping or bullet jumping, giving you control. sure you can't steer, but I think the only ability that you can steer with is Reave.

If you find it too annoying I can settle for an augment or something, but I don't think we should completely ignore the idea, not for you only at least...I bet there are more people that want to figure out how fast you can go with slide + friction buffs.

On 2024-02-07 at 8:36 AM, Mazifet said:

Honestly I don't think it's necessary, though it would still be fun. Tapping the slide button provides all the movement benefits of sliding while giving you more control.

Yeah, even adding maglev or streamlined form allows you to compete with Volt, Gauss, or Wukong in a race to extraction. Now if the 25% was affected by strength I think it would have a hard cap on how much it could buff by, but not needed because he is already pretty fast as it is.

If they did change it to be slide and friction like maglev or streamlined, I think it would be 25% capped without strength still. If it wasn't then getting a crazy amount, even 75%, would probably make it way too hard to move around and no doubt break some things.

I do like the extra speed Nezha has with the reduced friction and honestly, it would be interesting if the helminth ability offered the same thing at 25% max, but overall it isn't a needed change.