The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I made Gauss the Fastest Warframe in the Game. (Edited because I suck :[).

Prof-Dante

Here's first test on normal ground: 

Spoiler

Here's second test on highest vantage in the game (EDITED): 

Spoiler

and here's one in an actual mission (EDITED)

Spoiler

so to explain, I'm pretty sure revenant users already know this trick, but with Gauss it's even better...

basically Reave is affected by sprint speed (and only sprint speed) it also has the ability to give you momentum after canceling it mid air, based on how fast it was, this momentum stacks indefinitely with each reave.

Gauss has the fastest sprint speed in the game = he can scale his indefinite speed with reave the fastest 

as you can see in my last video, the build I use is pretty basic Gauss build with 275% duration (molt efficiency included) 160% efficiency for more thermal sunder casts, and 169 range to get that thermal sunder nuking effect...so its a pretty functional build, no weird shenanigans, no modding for maximum sprint speed, nothing, just a normal functional build.

which is really what I wanted from Mach rush in the first place, I didn't want to sacrifice build functionality just to go fast, I wanted to go fast while being useful.

this just Miiiiight surpass Titania if you mod more for it, but as you can see, I am already having trouble controlling that speed on a regular build, so I'm pretty happy where I am right now, it's a fun mini game of controlling and managing reave's uncontrollable speed.

so yeah, case closed...Debate over, Gauss is literally the fastest, and his speed is infinite....thanks all, have a great night.

Edited by Qorvex99
  • Like 2

The fastest... after subsuming something on to help you, I guess

That last video really highlights how unfeasible speed can get when there are so many ways to get caught on the map geometry. I'm just imagining how annoying it would get on one of the older tilesets with millions of microscopic twigs sticking out to get stuck on

2 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

The fastest... after subsuming something on to help you, I guess

That last video really highlights how unfeasible speed can get when there are so many ways to get caught on the map geometry. I'm just imagining how annoying it would get on one of the older tilesets with millions of microscopic twigs sticking out to get stuck on

Indeed, but it's the reality we're living in and Mach rush is terrible so I'll settle with reave.

well you should excuse how terrible I was in that last video, I'm usually pretty handy with it, but not today I guess...It's the same thing with Titania, it takes a bit of skill.

Edited by Qorvex99

19 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

I made Gauss the Fastest Warframe in the Game. (Serious).

I can't tell if you're joking with this entire thread or not?  I know you love Gauss so I was really excited to see some sort of crazy build where Gauss was actually faster than Titania...but what you showed was definitely slower than her.  So I'm not sure what to think.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

14 seconds? Titania still faster

1 minute ago, UnstarPrime said:

I can't tell if you're joking with this entire thread or not?  I know you love Gauss so I was really excited to see some sort of crazy build where Gauss was actually faster than Titania...but what you showed was definitely slower than her.  So I'm not sure what to think.

Guys, you're missing the point, This is using a regular ahh build, and not spamming reave so I'm not building a lot of speed, it's INFINITE, the faster you cast reave the faster you go.

1 minute ago, Qorvex99 said:

Guys, you're missing the point, This is using a regular ahh build, and not spamming reave so I'm not building a lot of speed, it's INFINITE, the faster you cast reave the faster you go.

With respect, if its speed is truly infinite then shouldn't it be trivial to demonstrate that it's faster than Titania?  Why showcase a lackluster demonstration that doesn't actually support your claim?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Anyone got that video with a bunch of stacked buffs on Gauss that caused him to run so fast the screen inverted?

I laughed a lot at that video back in the day.

me too, it was funny.

5 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

With respect, if its speed is truly infinite then shouldn't it be trivial to demonstrate that it's faster than Titania?  Why showcase a lackluster demonstration that doesn't actually support your claim?

Good Question, because if I did that, someone is going to reply with "that build is impractical and you can't use it in a normal setting".

there was no point in maximizing my speed because To be honest I hate doing that, I wanted to show that I can go pretty fast, using a very normal build that I always use on Gauss...the only thing I did here was subsuming reave, nothing more, and it would be stupid of me to maximize something that can scale forever anyway, right?

but I guess I get people complaining anyway so I can't win 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Then the point wasn't clear

yes I think I didn't completely explain, my apologies, hope reply above helps ^

Edited by Qorvex99

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Nova says HIiiiiieyyy. white teeth troll GIF

Hmmm... given good precision, +280% range on Ash teleport, eximus enemies each 228 meters apart it would be pretty fast.

9 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:
11 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

There is a problem with recasting. It has small cooldown. Just try normal spamming (not some super hard technique) and you will see that you cannot recast it. Not sure if it's affected by duration or something.

Just now, quxier said:

Hmmm... given good precision, +280% range on Ash teleport, eximus enemies each 228 meters apart it would be pretty fast.

There is a problem with recasting. It has small cooldown. Just try normal spamming (not some super hard technique) and you will see that you cannot recast it. Not sure if it's affected by duration or something.

there is none, I did a different test earlier with hard spamming, it worked but then again, I figured people would tell me that it's inefficient and impractical so I just spammed normally.

also with controller, spamming while aim gliding does this weird zoom in zoom out effect that I didn't want to put on a video so people don't get sick.

I am literally thinking about your health, lol.

Just now, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Wouldn't Kullervo spamming Wrathful Advance be the fastest?

Assuming no obstacles and infinite energy.

Wrathful advance has a 1 second cooldown between every cast, and it's base range is 25m and teleportation doesn't count. lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

there was no point in maximizing my speed because To be honest I hate doing that, I wanted to show that I can go pretty fast, using a very normal build that I always use on Gauss...the only thing I did here was subsuming reave, nothing more, and it would be stupid of me to maximize something that can scale forever anyway, right?

but I guess I get people complaining anyway so I can't win 🤷‍♂️

What we have here is a failure of language more than a failure of ideas

"Speed" means "change in position over time", and thus "fastest speed" means "greatest change in position over shortest time." This is what most people mean when they say "fastest."

What you seemed to have meant is that your standards for speed include other factors. You value not simply a change in position, but handling and precision...

...I think what you wanted to say was "I made Gauss the best mobility frame in the game

2 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

Good Question, because if I did that, someone is going to reply with "that build is impractical and you can't use it in a normal setting".

but I guess I get people complaining anyway so I can't win

I get what you're saying, as I can imagine someone saying that.

But it's not that you can't win, it's that you set a trap for yourself and fell into it.  You made the claim that Gauss is faster than Titania — in the title, with the word "serious" — and then didn't see that claim through to completion.  By trying to avoid a weak criticism of your post, you lost sight of what your title promised and fumbled your overall point.

And beyond that: who cares about what some moustache-twirling dinkus says about your build?  If Gauss is technically the fastest, then that makes him the fastest.  Being the fastest at missions is a totally different thing, and a frame can be one of those without being the other.  We can have both!  And doing stupid things that aren't realistic for all or even any missions is fun for the kinds of players who like to play around and push the limits of Warframe's systems.

I'd love to see you finish what you started and prove that Gauss is the fastest, as that would be neat. ^^

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

What we have here is a failure of language more than a failure of ideas

"Speed" means "change in position over time", and thus "fastest speed" means "greatest change in position over shortest time." This is what most people mean when they say "fastest."

What you seemed to have meant is that your standards for speed include other factors. You value not simply a change in position, but handling and precision...

...I think what you wanted to say was "I made Gauss the best mobility frame in the game

so what you meant is that If I wanted to show the "fastest" Gauss I should've went all in with all sprint speed mods, maximum spamming and efficiency,

but yeah I wanted to cover so many points in one thread, I wanted to show that not only can he go fast he can also just do other things that Gauss players do.

Cool... now turn left.

I don't consider gauss as "not the fastest" solely based on his speed alone, control is arguable more important for speed abilities. In my book, Volt, Titania, Wukong, Even Nezha all have better speed powers (nezha's 1st) solely because you can avoid slamming into the wall.

4 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

You made the claim that Gauss is faster than Titania

not gonna lie, I figured people would understand it, and use their imagination, since I literally explained that it scales indefinitely (and it does), the video was not proof of speed, it was a test of functionality AND speed.

you guys are right, I DID fumble lol.

Just now, Joezone619 said:

now turn left

I can, Reave can be steered pretty easily, I can do some 360's with it but was that the point of my thread? lol

18 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

I can, Reave can be steered pretty easily

Kinda funny how you need to removed gauss's speed to give him speed. But if what you say in your thread is true, that reave's speed is only affected by sprint speed then literally nothing changes. Both reave and mach rush have a base speed boost of 25m/s, meaning it is just as fast as mach rush, but thats not even the main issue.

I have to say volt's speed is better because its based on both sprint speed and power strength mods, increasing the base sprint, and then how much it gets multiplied by. There are only a certain amount of sprint mods, after that you can't make reave/mach rush any faster, but with volt you can add power strength mods on top of that.

At this point is about preference, and i prefer volt's speed over ramming into walls at mach 10 while my screen rapidly zooms out and back in, completely disorienting me.

Edited by Joezone619