The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Hunter Synergy does not work with primary kitguns

Lukkiete

I recently noticed, while using Tenacious Bond, that when I use my primary Tombfinger kitgun, I don't get the bonus for some reason. 

Here is my loadout with Tombfinger equipped:                                                          And here it is with Acceltra Prime equipped:

pe9hh32.png                             v3Q6g4m.png

Both weapons have considerably high crit chance. A Panzer Vulpaphyla has 20% CC at base, meaning that each of those weapons, with Hunter Synergy, the mod that actually gives me the  ability to use Tenacious Bond 100% of the time, should bring me over 50% CC on my infested kitty.

However, here is the kitty with Hunter Synergy, as well as the 191% CC kitgun, still sitting at base 20% CC:                    

zUIvh3Z.png

And with Acceltra Prime equipped, where I'm sitting barely over that 50% CC to give me the Tenacious Bond bonus.

IZcelu0.png

And I'm not sure that this behaviour is intended? Can we please take a look at Hunter Synergy again? Btw I did try another Catchmoon kitgun, since I thought that it might??? have something to do with Tombfinger having a separate damage window that shows 0% CC:

fEG0Azj.png

...but it didn't change anything, and Catchmoon primary did not work as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lukkiete said:

And I'm not sure that this behaviour is intended?

I don't think it is - this has apparently been a bug reported since 2020: 

Both the crit-link and status-link from Mecha Overdrive apparently aren't carried over; I'm not sure if it's only certain parts of primaries or it's using the wrong stats of the weapon to calculate these or what, but something about it is definitely bugged.

I ran a test with a Hunter Synergy Vasca  in the Sim, looking at damage popups, and Tenacious Bond appears to apply correctly there with Gaze Primary but not Tombfinger Primary.  I haven't checked  other kitguns or pets, or pet damage.

Vasca has 20% crit chance unmodded.  For Tenacious to apply, the primary needs just over 100% critical chance. 

Spira does 174 damage on a crit if my Gaze is modded for 97.5% CC.  It does 279 damage on a crit the Gaze is modded for 117% CC.

(Same thing happened with a Veldt modified for under and over 100% CC.)

But when I switched to Tombfinger Primary, Tenacious Bond no longer worked, with the TF modded for 110.5% CC or ~150% CC.

I'd had a transition from and back into the Sim between the Gaze and TF tests, so I reequipped Gaze:  Tenacious still worked properly with it.

I'll note that the pet Arsenal stats are very buggy, and it never reflected TF crit.  It sometimes, but not always, reflected Gaze crit, but even when it didn't Tenacious still worked with that weapon equipped and enough CC. 

And to be totally clear, I was only looking at Tenacious carryover in these tests: I've no idea if actual pet damage was being affected by Hunter Synergy in any of these cases.   And mission behavior may be different than Sim behavior.

But  my provisional conclusion is the bug isn't kitgun specific, it's weapon specific.  It could affect all kitguns except Gaze, it could affect some non-kitgun weapons, I don't know.

4 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

this has apparently been a bug reported since 2020:

Damn, and here I was searching the forums if anyone else had made the same post at any point. Well, maybe this one will be a bump for DE or something, fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

But when I switched to Tombfinger Primary, Tenacious Bond no longer worked, with the TF modded for 110.5% CC or ~150% CC.

Yes, same for me! I don't have any other primary kitguns other than Catchmoon to test, but on both of them the CC from Hunter Synergy didn't show in the arsenal anyway, and even though my crit was more than enough on that Tombfinger, the Tenacious Bond icon never showed up in the actual mission or simulacrum. I should have probably tested if it actually increases damage or not, could just be a visual bug for all I know, that's probably why DE didn't fix it the first time lol.

My tinfoil hat theory is also that all kitguns, whether primary or not, only count as secondaries specifically for the Hunter Synergy mod? But at the same time today's Secondary Only sortie did not allow me in while I had only Tombfinger equipped in my primary slot and nothing else. I suspect dark magic. 

23 minutes ago, Lukkiete said:

My tinfoil hat theory is also that all kitguns, whether primary or not, only count as secondaries specifically for the Hunter Synergy mod?

I like that a lot as a plausible guess. But it's not "all kitguns" since a Gaze Primary kitgun worked with Hunter Synergy for me, at least for the Tenacious crit damage bonus.  I'll try some of the others later.

Vermisplicer also gets the Tenacious crit damage buff via Hunter Synergy.  Sporelacer doesn't.   I also verified that Catchmoon doesn't.

So Vermi and Gaze work; and the others don't.   How odd.   I wonder if there are other weapons that aren't working with Hunter Synergy. 

• 3 months later...