The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cavalero's Incarnon Adapter kiosk - was it a failed experiment or...?

Valfaun

So, it's been a while since y'all introduced Cavalero's Incarnon shop with its handful of items. I recall it being labeled an "experiment" at the time. Did you get sufficient feedback yet to determine what to do with it? 

It's probably a contentious topic in the community, but... I'm in the camp that would love to see the kiosk expanded with the rest of the Incarnon Adapters as a weekly rotating selection. To be completely honest, I hated everything about Duviri and never went back to it after trying its modes for a bit. To no small part because I'm mostly a solo player (I only get to meet up with a squad once a week and those guys have no intention of doing Duviri either), but I also loathe Operator/Drifter gameplay to compound the issue. 

Giving us alternative methods of acquiring those Adapters would also be nice, but idk if that's realistic since they additionally require Duviri resources to install into a weapon (for some reason) and, well, Duviri is kind of a... "content peninsula" by design, so I don't expect to ever see those resources outside of Duviri. And it sucks, because those Incarnon Adapters give a whole bunch of weapons a new lease on life. So... please, just let us buy our way to those upgrades. It's not like they're gamebreakingly good and we can buy most other Duviri items like Kullervo no problem. It's only those darn Incarnons that are locked away...

1 hour ago, Valfaun said:

but idk if that's realistic since they additionally require Duviri resources to install into a weapon (for some reason) and, well, Duviri is kind of a... "content peninsula" by design, so I don't expect to ever see those resources outside of Duviri.

The 5 of the *cough*best*cough* adapters that you can buy (and only 5) come with resources needed.

1 hour ago, Valfaun said:

It's probably a contentious topic in the community, but... I'm in the camp that would love to see the kiosk expanded with the rest of the Incarnon Adapters as a weekly rotating selection. To be completely honest, I hated everything about Duviri and never went back to it after trying its modes for a bit. To no small part because I'm mostly a solo player (I only get to meet up with a squad once a week and those guys have no intention of doing Duviri either), but I also loathe Operator/Drifter gameplay to compound the issue. 

I like Drifter gameplay and I hate Circuit. I would love to be able get adapters via doing normal Drifter gameplay as well.

However I get you, you don't want to or cannot play some content and you want to buy it. I couldn't play Duviri nor Whisper so I wished for "let me buy adapters" camp.

49 minutes ago, quxier said:

The 5 of the *cough*best*cough* adapters that you can buy (and only 5) come with resources needed.

tbf gorgon incarnon is really nice. it's not torid but it is more than enough for pretty much all content.

1 minute ago, Mazifet said:

tbf gorgon incarnon is really nice. it's not torid but it is more than enough for pretty much all content.

I don't mean they are weak but they are just boring. I have most weapons in the game. If there is new weapon that I have to farm or palt it then it need to have something "special".

Maybe it's me expecting something "more" from incarnon system.

I'd say the experiment was a success but, as with many things DE does, they didn't think it through.

There is surely an increase in Plat sales, especially since coupons do not work on the Incarnon Adapters, but at the same time there will be a decrease of players in Duviri and Circuit. They need to keep those modes alive because they invested a lot of resources into them and they are tied to new players progress due to the alternative way of getting some basic and otherwise difficult to obtain Warframes.

You'd think this doesn't relate since Incarnon Adapters are in the Steel Path Circuit but Pathos Clamps needed to use the said Adapters aren't.

• Like 1

Well maybe when we get more incarnon adapters for older weapons. Okina, Fang Prime, the whole Ether weapon family, Attica, Daikyu , Veldt, Zenith weapon family, Quatz, Embolist, Tysis, these are all weapons that could totally use an incarnon form, yet none of that's been shown to be in the works.

All we know about new incarnon weapons is Dante's melee and the upcoming gun/arm canon, nothing else has been confirmed and I'd say it's safe to assume both of these will come from the Cavia syndicate and not the circuit.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

All we know about new incarnon weapons is Dante's melee and the upcoming gun/arm canon, nothing else has been confirmed and I'd say it's safe to assume both of these will come from the Cavia syndicate and not the circuit.

If you weren't aware, at the end of last year, in an interview Reb was asked about new Incarnon Adapters and she said five would be coming this year, but with no other details.  Since "adapters" were specified, it seems unlikely this included the completely new weapons mentioned in the devstream.  Unless Reb misunderstood the question.

Assuming they were five adapters, since I think they'll want to spruce up Duviri content for a bit longer, I'm  inclined to think this'll be another Circuit (and probably Cavalero) release.  But that's just me guessing.

If you already knew about this and meant "nothing else has been confirmed" in a more strict way, as in, "What we've seen and know roughly when they're coming.", then apologies for the unnecessary commentary.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I'd say the experiment was a success but, as with many things DE does, they didn't think it through.

There is surely an increase in Plat sales, especially since coupons do not work on the Incarnon Adapters, but at the same time there will be a decrease of players in Duviri and Circuit. They need to keep those modes alive because they invested a lot of resources into them and they are tied to new players progress due to the alternative way of getting some basic and otherwise difficult to obtain Warframes.

You'd think this doesn't relate since Incarnon Adapters are in the Steel Path Circuit but Pathos Clamps needed to use the said Adapters aren't.

Yeah, that's a very fair point, I suppose. But on the other hand, I feel like free-to-play and paying could absolutely co-exist, i.e. I don't believe that offering the Adapters at Cavalero would completely draw all players away from Duviri and kill that part of the game. I bet there's a lot of players who don't spend plat on gameplay-relevant items on principle and then there are those players who actually enjoy Duviri, even the Circuit. 
I get that my complaints and sentiments are mostly a me-problem... But we also gotta consider this: If the option of buying all the gear and items with plat kills player engagement with the content then maybe that content just wasn't particularly good

• Like 2

Think its in a rough place. 7 rotations already mean a lot of time between specific Incarnons being accessible and then you can only get 2/5 at a time. Keeps the content relevant for a long time but if  more rotations are added to it over time, while making them purchaseable via Plat at the same time, things become worse for the accessibility in the Circuit/via normal gameplay, while it becomes much more attractive to buy them outright with plat if possible.

Say all or a good number of current Incarnons were added to Cavalero's shop. Say you just missed Ceramic Dagger but really want it as a stat stick for your (Pseudo-)Exalted Weapons. Now you either wait 6 weeks (or possibly more in the future) or shell out 120 plat. Not everyone plays this game full of excitement for months and years on end to be fine patiently waiting 6 weeks for their desired Incarnons and especially those players would feel heavily incentivized to buy them with plat, which would inevitably make Circuit rewards less exciting as the most desired Incarnons are being bought instead.

Currently its a bit whatever because you can only buy 5 and they are not among the most exciting ones, generally speaking.

For the future I'd hope that if more Incarnons are added to either, that rotations are combined and you can pick from a pool of 10+ Incarnons each week to trim down on the waiting time for specific ones, if not remove the rotations altogether since people can only get 2 each week anyway. Thus buying them outright would also at best accelerate acquisition in general rather than be a quick solution to getting your favorite ones because they are in a long time away rotation, should they want to expand on the shop.

Edited by Raikh
  • Like 1

On 2024-02-10 at 5:58 AM, Valfaun said:

I get that my complaints and sentiments are mostly a me-problem... But we also gotta consider this: If the option of buying all the gear and items with plat kills player engagement with the content then maybe that content just wasn't particularly good

Even more, maybe it doesn't kill engagement because there were (almost) none engagement.

If I could buy stuff from Circuit (in reasonable price) I wouldn't bother playing it.

Mode is too long. It takes 33 runs to do 10 rank Circuit. That's like 2.75 hour if every round is ~5 minutes.

Then you have timegated rewards.

In normal Circuit you have frames. Not all frames. You have all frames so you pick random. Ok you can earn 1 arcane that you don't have. I don't bother because it would require me to play hour(s) for even simple few plat arcane. That's insane.

Then you have SP. You pick 2 adapters then what? Next weeks you can pick Kuva or Rivens (20k). That's joke. Kuva lasts for 5-6 rolls. Sometimes you roll and see similar stats (that you don't want). Then you have rivens. You get that at 5 or 10 Circuit rank (12 or 33 rounds). That's 1 hour - 2.75hour. You do challenge(s) for given riven(s). You open it and see it's for weapon you like. Hahaha, it has low disposition so it's useless. Or you open it and see... riven for random riven. I don't even bother trading them.

On 2024-02-09 at 1:28 PM, Valfaun said:

It's probably a contentious topic in the community, but... I'm in the camp that would love to see the kiosk expanded with the rest of the Incarnon Adapters as a weekly rotating selection. To be completely honest, I hated everything about Duviri and never went back to it after trying its modes for a bit.

Here's my take:

I go to Cavalero, this is what I see:

• Boar - short-range shotgun, not very exciting gameplay aim-wise.
  • Angstrum - could be a fun sidearm, but Prisma Angstrum is 500+ plat rn.
  • Anku - I don't really like axes in MMO-style games.
  • Gorgon - spool-up gimmicks are horrible, so I'm boycotting it.
  • Gammacor - essentially worthwhile only in ability-heavy playstyles, as an energy-regen tool (due to Synoid Gammacor's innate effect).

For these reasons, it doesn't matter to me what the price is, even if these were the only incarnons in the game. Maybe for 1 plat I'd buy them as collector's items.

I wish Duviri (also Cavia) was never added into the game, buy even if that had been the case, I'd still have no interest in the current selection. Therefore, I'm inclined to agree with expanding the selection.

Edited by aivastus