The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Prelude of might doesnt work ar all

TapelessDawn

As title states it seems to not work with any configuration on the Braton, it pretty much has made the weapon set ups quite bad.

I myself was playing aroynd while keeping the base crit beneath 50% but from what Ive seen there hasnt been any word on this.

• Like 2

UP.

I've been waiting for this in Braton Prime for months. This modifier does not affect any critical damage number, I have already tested it in all ways, simulacrum / mission / with point strike mod / without point strike mod. the DE mentioned fixing this modifier in the second update of incarnon genesis but it never worked. If I'm not mistaken, other weapons use this same modifier.

Tested [Prelude of Might] is working properly.👍

Edited by Famecans
  • Like 1

It doesn't show in arsenal, but it definitely works. Braton Prime with just Point Strike is doing 41 on non-crit, 207 on crit in base form against Overguard. 207/41 ≈ 5.

Reminder that it checks the crit chance of the current mode you are using, not just the base form.
So if you're using Point Strike on Braton Prime. The base form will have 30% CC, and have Prelude of Might applied*. The Incarnon form will have 75% CC and as such, not have Prelude of Might applied.

*Note is that Prelude of Might checks your CC after the bonus from Puncture procs. So with 5x Puncture proc stacks on an enemy, Braton prime's base form will have 55% CC (when hitting that enemy) and as such, not get Prelude of Might's bonus.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Arbitrary said:

*Note is that Prelude of Might checks your CC after the bonus from Puncture procs. So with 5x Puncture proc stacks on an enemy, Braton prime's base form will have 55% CC (when hitting that enemy) and as such, not get Prelude of Might's bonus.

That sucks. I wondered about this with Furis, but hadn't tested it.

• 3 months later...

Just tested earlier today in Simulacrum and Prelude of Might doesn't affect the crit damage on an unmodded Braton Prime (since its unmodded the crit chance cannot be over 50%). I tested with headshots and Incarnon mode aswell, Prelude of Might had no effect on crit damage no matter what I did. This is problematic for me as all posts I can find say they have no problem with its effect as of over 3 months ago.

4 hours ago, Singularityguy4 said:

Just tested earlier today in Simulacrum and Prelude of Might doesn't affect the crit damage on an unmodded Braton Prime (since its unmodded the crit chance cannot be over 50%). I tested with headshots and Incarnon mode aswell, Prelude of Might had no effect on crit damage no matter what I did. This is problematic for me as all posts I can find say they have no problem with its effect as of over 3 months ago.

It's working for me in the Sim, although still not showing in the Arsenal like mentioned in the posts above this one.

Braton Prime, 36% crit, no Prelude, no other crit mutiplier: 149 damage, 297 damage on crits. 

With Prelude: crits goes up to 743.  (...until I get 3 puncture procs on the target.  That raises my effective crit% to 51%, and they go back to 297. :/ )

You said you had base crit, so just in case I tested that too: same result.

If you are looking at damage popups and not seeing better crit damage, my first thought is you may have changed to that Evo perk inside the Sim.  The Sim doesn't always register these.