The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven advice

Infinitedrago

Question

3 answers to this question

The punch through probably won't do much for you since it has infinite punch through on bodies/enemies. This most likely has a negative effect on the overall power of this riven.

The negative zoom does boost the other stats and won't hurt at all since you aren't going to get precise shots anyway.

Applying this mod (or another toxin mod) first would result in gas, which can be really fun element especially in tandem with the infinite body punch through I mentioned earlier (resulting in a gas cloud mayhem).

The toxin cold combo is a nice innate viral. However the ignis has a really low dispo, the ignis wraith even more so. On top of that there is no status chance on the riven. Low dispo usually means you are better of using normal mods unless your riven fits that really niche spot which this riven can't since it doesn't provide any special stats.

I personally do not think this riven to be great, but most low-dispo rivens simply won't be great. If you use the ignis a lot, you can try find a nice build to use the innate elements with.

To sum it all up:

• Is it likely you quickly roll something a lot better for the Ignis? No.
  • Is this a god-tier set of stats for an Ignis riven? No.
  • Would I advice on spending kuva on rerolls? Only if you truly love the Ignis, in which case I would highly encourage first playing around with normal mods to find your style.
Edited by Quimoth
  • Like 1

If you like the weapon, and like using it with viral, it's definitely worth keeping as it saves you a mod slot, and comes with (what most people would consider) a beneficial negative.  Unfortunately I don't think Punch Through  works on the Ignis anymore, but that's still two good affixes where the dispo doesn't matter much. 

Arguably it's actually better that the dispo and affix amounts are low in this specific case.  The primary value of viral is in its status effect, and you don't need much on the Ignis to get the maximum 10 stacks quickly.    Anything beyond that is taking away from delicious heat damage and procs, which stack forever.

If you don't like the weapon, I'm sure you could sell it for a fair amount of plat.

• Like 1